Thread: Bind and crumble.

Default Bind and crumble.

Hi people! Could someone explain me how bind mechanics work? Does my general have to be close to the unit to retain strong binding? If not, how does it work exactly? And how can I stop crumbling of my units? TA

Default Re: Bind and crumble.

Bind is basically a replacement for leadership/routing in Vampire armies. So most of the same things that cause unit to run away in other units lead to undead crumbling. Units losing their current fight, being flanked, taking ranged attacks, not having leader nearby, losing large parts of their own army, probably leaving out a couple things. The positive is that undead do not suffer morale shocks and thus tend to fight longer than other armies if leadership is buffed by having leader nearby or certain spells momentarily increasing leadership.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichon View Post
    Bind is basically a replacement for leadership/routing in Vampire armies. So most of the same things that cause unit to run away in other units lead to undead crumbling. Units losing their current fight, being flanked, taking ranged attacks, not having leader nearby, losing large parts of their own army, probably leaving out a couple things. The positive is that undead do not suffer morale shocks and thus tend to fight longer than other armies if leadership is buffed by having leader nearby or certain spells momentarily increasing leadership.
    I've always wondered if there was a way to mod it sorta like Call of Warhammer has it. Unbreakable undead units, barring some vampire units like Blood Knights, but undead immediately crumbling if the army lord dies...
    Forward, march!

Quote Originally Posted by Death_Sheep View Post
    I've always wondered if there was a way to mod it sorta like Call of Warhammer has it. Unbreakable undead units, barring some vampire units like Blood Knights, but undead immediately crumbling if the army lord dies...
    Probably, would need a bit of a decrease in stats across the board but something like unbreakable unless Lord is dead etc. I haven't looked at Warhammer modding other than the map tools so I'm not 100% on that.

So when unit start crumbling does it mean it's lost unless I use some skill/spell to increase leadership? Just moving general closer won't help?

Quote Originally Posted by Pienias View Post
    So when unit start crumbling does it mean it's lost unless I use some skill/spell to increase leadership? Just moving general closer won't help?
    A unit that is crumbling can sometimes be saved by moving a Lord or Hero so their leadership aura overlaps but often that only gives +5 or a bit more leadership which isn't enough. If a unit is crumbling the best way to stop it from disappearing is to win the battle or withdraw the unit from the current situation. I often have dire wolves start to crumble about 1/3 of the way thru a battle and I then withdraw back to be near the leader and only use them to pursue routing units etc. Sometimes it is a necessary sacrifice to let a unit crumble in place and moving a Hero/Lord nearby might not stop the crumbling permanently but even if it only stop it for a little while it starts over again and the unit lasts longer before disappearing completely.

I find casting invocation of nehek on crumbling units in combination with withdrawing them momentarily works wonders.

Have to try it. Thanks