Thread: What the actual eff is the Chaos Invasion?

SenseiJT92's Avatar Decanus

Default What the actual eff is the Chaos Invasion?

Spent 70 turns grinding, fighting every battle... good campaign, if you know what I mean. One of those which you really concentrated on and fought.
    Anyway, I finally conquer all of Uthulan, and then the Chaos intro movie starts with the ships. Oh ! Anyway, I lose a lord I'd been training up throughout the campaign against the first few ships, unfortunately he's dead - no respawn. No biggie, happens. I finally destroy the 3-4 ships that attacked by getting them one by one with two stacks. Great! Finally think that over.

Oh hell no.

Then the movie starts with the big boss guy, miles away from me though so I don't care much.

THEN ANOTHER 4-5 SHIPS ATTACK THE SOUTH OF THE ISLAND WHERE I HAVE NO ARMIES BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL UP NORTH.

So I move everyone down that I possibly can without risking any rebellions up in the north. I'm confident I should be able to repeat what I just did.
    BUT NO - AS SOON AS I GET DOWN THERE, THIS HAPPENS:

This is actual BS. All the fun just went out of this campaign for me, sure it's meant to be hard - that's what I enjoy, and I'm only playing on normal. But seriously, why is this scripted invasion the only thing they could think of? It's totally OP and I literally just cannot be arsed retaking everything that they're about to raze. I *had* been hoping to launch my Old World invasion but forgot about the Chaos mechanic.

Does anyone know of a mod that removes, or delays it significantly - two ships every so and so would be fine, but you can't prepare against 10-12 in the space of a few turns!

Thanks,
    Previously taylorj2, Allu X, Grandmaster Ryu, Dauntless Commandant & Sensei Kiisu

Creator of the "Perfectly Polished" sub-mod for Stainless Steel (M2:TW), contributing to LOTR:TW (R:TW) and many other modifications over time, now long-forgotten

Original join date, Feb 2007.

Default Re: What the actual eff is the Chaos Invasion?

Chaos is a Ladder

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

There's a mod in workshop that disabled Chaos altogether I think.

Jaketh's Avatar Praeses

CA will be rolling out a hotfix as they've acknowledged its not working as intended. In the meantime you can try this.