Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: RS2.6\RSIII questions & answers

Default Re: RS2.6 questions & answers

Playing Rome

Category I: There are Governors/Generals who show up on the lineage display.

Category II: There are Governors/Generals who are family members who do not show up on the lineage display.

Category III: There are Governors/Generals who are not family members who do not show up on the lineage display.

There is no way in game to manipulate the ruling dynasty, but Category I, correct?

Default Re: RS2.6\RSIII questions & answers

I have been reading:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...onomic-System/

DVK901

Where he states good national leaders will impart good traits and bad national leaders will impart bad traits. So, you want good national leaders. Again the problem is that only a small fraction of named Romans can be manipulated through the dynastic tree.

How do I get a non-dynastic family member into the National Leadership role?

Thanks.

neep's Avatar Tiro

I don't think you can.
    You can only see the current dynasty, and select heirs from that set of people.

Other families are handled in the background but you don't have visibility of that.

If the current dynasty is wiped out (through old age or battlefield losses) an existing, background family is now promoted to be the current imperial family.
    You can then define a new heir from that family tree.

Obviously that's a limited amount of control you have, but equally - I've never experienced that the current Emperor or his specific family have a great impact.
    Good governors and generals have more impact on a tactical level for keeping cities happy and winning battles.

I make sure to have enough Generals and Governors, and generate more on an as needed basis.
    If they 'dont work out' because they get bad traits, put them into a front line legion as a back up to an experienced general and replay the Charge of the Light Brigade

Sometimes, the only choice I have is CLIENT or ALLIED. How do I go from that to CIVITAS?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MeiguoJinjang View Post
    Sometimes, the only choice I have is CLIENT or ALLIED. How do I go from that to CIVITAS?

Thanks.
    Nevermind. This I got figured out. I needed a market.

Hey, I'm playing a campaign as the Cimbri and I'm confused about how I can build the "Hall of Heroes" structure. I could build it in my capital but not in any other cities for some reason; plus I have no idea what requirements you need to for it, considering its not even shown in the build tree tab.

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Stubbs59 View Post
    Hey, I'm playing a campaign as the Cimbri and I'm confused about how I can build the "Hall of Heroes" structure. I could build it in my capital but not in any other cities for some reason; plus I have no idea what requirements you need to for it, considering its not even shown in the build tree tab.
    You have to unlock hidden resources so build in this order>>>>>Muster Field(2 turns) > Regional Focus(1 turn) > Population to 6000 > High Kings Hall(4 turns) > Fortified Region(4 turns) > Mineral Import(2 turns) > Weapons Metal Import(3 turns) > Assembly of Warriors(3 turns) > Blacksmith(2 turns) > Small Foundry(3 turns) > Assembly of Nobles(3 turns) > Hall of Heroes(8 turns)

Hope this helps you laddie
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; February 18, 2018 at 06:42 PM. Reason: typos
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

304608377's Avatar Libertus

Windows 10 everytime trying to get into the battle mode game crashes no matter what I did. NEED HELP PLEASE!

Quote Originally Posted by 304608377 View Post
    Windows 10 everytime trying to get into the battle mode game crashes no matter what I did. NEED HELP PLEASE!
    I'm assuming you have steam so try this >Copy the contents of the Rome Total War Alexander folder from Programs(x86)...../steam apps/common into a "new folder" in your c:/drive and rename it to something suitable > then install RS2.5, RSIII and the 3.1 patch into this folder. Go to your directory/launcher/RS II and send a shortcut to desktop > open > in the launcher make sure you have the steam option set to NO....DO NOT TOUCH THE VEGETATION QUALITY TAB.

I do not use steam and my OS is Win 7 64bit so cannot guarantee this will work, I remembered this solution from another thread

Last edited by Saul Tyre; February 28, 2018 at 12:27 AM.

Hey gang -- had to reinstall everything to reformatted PC and 2x tries to RSIII working have failed. The installation instructions could be a bit of my problem.
    So I installed clean all the way to BI 1.6.
    I then installed RS2.5 It simply goes into the Total War\ folder. so I have 'Play_Armenia' etc. in that folder. I then installed RSIII and patch and they just overwrite in same folder. launcher points to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Rome - Total War\launcher\Roma Surrectum II.exe" I launch it and make my games choices, press play and screen fades and nothing launches. So I am doing something wrong.....any help would be most welcome.

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Adam the VIth View Post
    Hey gang -- had to reinstall everything to reformatted PC and 2x tries to RSIII working have failed. The installation instructions could be a bit of my problem.
    I then installed RS2.5 It simply goes into the Total War\ folder. so I have 'Play_Armenia' etc. in that folder. I then installed RSIII and patch and they just overwrite in same folder. launcher points to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Rome - Total War\launcher\Roma Surrectum II.exe" I launch it and make my games choices, press play and screen fades and nothing launches. So I am doing something wrong.....any help would be most welcome.
    My guess would be it's new Windows UAC crap. Don't put it in program files. My install is just this: C://Games/Rome Total War, and I launch from the launcher in the subfolder.

Definitely shouldn't be anything to do with Activision in there!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam the VIth View Post
    If you open your desktop icon and go to properties check the target line, it should look something similar to thisClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Properties.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	59.2 KB 
ID:	351836 (click on pic to enlarge) if it has the word WONDERS then delete the icon, go to your directory/launcher/Roma Surrectum II and send a shortcut to your desktop and try that. I also agree with Larkin, you can move the game out of programs(x86) into your c:/drive but I go one step further, see link > http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Store-Problems < just substitute RTW for M2TW in the instructions.
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; March 24, 2018 at 12:13 AM. Reason: typo

Hello, everyone!

I have a question for you. I'm nowrather far into my Rome-campaign, and I control approximately half ofthe full historical empire. Not sure how many turns I'm in, but mustbe a couple of hundred at least. I'm currently building the ForumRomanum to trigger the imperial reform. So far, so good...

I just noticed something peculiar. Iwanted to build Advanced Trade II (I think) in a settlement in Africaand noticed that it would cost me over 100.000. That seemed... steep,so I checked the basic price, which was about 50.000. Then I triedmoving the governor out of the settlement, and suddenly the buildingreverted to its normal cost. I checked around in other settlementsand found that all buildings cost twice the normal amount. Anyreduction in cost from the traits of the governors was subtractedfirst.

So I guess my question is: Feature orbug? Is it a normal reaction from RS, when you reach a certain levelof power in terms of finances, settlements or military strength? Orhas something gone wrong somewhere?

Thank you for any help you can providein solving this.

Black Spiral

I apologize for the mashed-up words in my above post. Apparently copy-pasting from somewhere else was not such a hot idea...
    Is there an "edit"-button somewhere? I can't seem to find it.

Best regards
    Black Spiral

What's the main difference between 2.6 and 3.0 besides custom settlements? Coming back after many years and just wondering if I should resume my 2.6 campaign or start a new one

Quote Originally Posted by Zumuk View Post
    What's the main difference between 2.6 and 3.0 besides custom settlements? Coming back after many years and just wondering if I should resume my 2.6 campaign or start a new one
    Try here laddie, you will find the changelog http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Beta-Released!

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I would love to get an answer.... I am having major mouse lag on my laptop. Is there anything I can do to fix it? I have read every post in this thread and many others but cant seem to find an answer.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Edit: Think I solved it with lowering all my specs. Its a 2 year old middle of the road laptop. Figured it would be able to handle the mod at higher settings. Just glad I can play as I cant setup my desktop for a few more months... Sorry for the post
    Last edited by Americanus Supremus; May 10, 2018 at 08:23 PM.
    Rome Total War 2 Beta Tester

The Censors are coming, the Censors are coming... RUN!!!!!

Maybe you asked this question repeatedly. Do you plan to release the RS to the base Rome 2 or Attila?

Quote Originally Posted by gannibalbarka216 View Post
    Maybe you asked this question repeatedly. Do you plan to release the RS to the base Rome 2 or Attila?
    Dear dvk' will correct me if I am so totally wrong - but the short answer is 'no'.

Curiously, I have finally gone back to the, oh so dissapointing, Rome 2 - but this time with the 'Divide et Impera' mod. I am impressed - and having a hard time. I'm not getting those wonderful table-top equivalent battles that I love, but it certainly is a wholesome experience and makes great and greater use of the different Rome 2 setup.

So if it's R2 (and DeI is handled well under Steam) you fancy, then I'd give it a try.
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.