Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia

Quote Originally Posted by ThePoshBarbarian View Post
    So soon ?

False alarm, turns out it was just an update to the launcher for people who couldn't get it running
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussi...aded-something

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Damn it CA, not again!

Quote Originally Posted by ThePoshBarbarian View Post
    False alarm, turns out it was just an update to the launcher for people who couldn't get it running
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussi...aded-something

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Damn it CA, not again!
    For an unknown supernatural reason I had a feeling that would be it.

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

It seems that we may get a culture mechanic after all. In a blog post yesterday, Jack Lusted talked about addressing concerns that the game lacked depth:

We need to look at the mechanics, especially culture and faction mechanics, and decide what may be possible to change to address this.

It should be said that we won’t be re-introducing all the old systems and options that were available in Attila (many of them were re-configured for good reason) but we will be looking at where we can create more depth and opportunity for mastery, whilst not throwing away all the good stuff that you might otherwise be really enjoying in Thrones.
    Glad that CA is giving the ThroB team an opportunity to modify and deepen the game post release. And no accompanying sales pitch of DLC yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Huberto View Post
    It seems that we may get a culture mechanic after all. In a blog post yesterday, Jack Lusted talked about addressing concerns that the game lacked depth:

Glad that CA is giving the ThroB team an opportunity to modify and deepen the game post release. And no accompanying sales pitch of DLC yet.

Thanks for the info. Good news indeed.

Apologists be like
    "TW does not need a culture mechanic CA is perfectly right in not using it"
    Then CA be like
    "Yeah I think we mada mistake and should bring back this culture mechanic."

mfw

I hope they make it play differently than previous culture mechanics. Waiting for percentiles to tick up just to manage public order isn't exactly a riveting strategic experience.

It was fine back in Med 2 kingdoms in the Britannia campaign, all they should do is improve on that and make it better.

I am glad they won't introduce old mechanic.

I found this to be more interesting
    Right now, we’re working hard on a patch that will introduce a lot of balance changes which we hope will improve the difficulty level and serve up more challenge. It will be available as part of an opt-in public beta next Tuesday (15th May).

This is not the complete list but included in the patch will be changes like:

Adjusting victory conditions
    Increased food consumption from buildings
    Increased building costs
    Adjustments to corruption and corruption reduction as well as certain Market income buildings to help reduce the amount of gold in the late game
    Reduced certain bonuses from techs that were making battles too one-sided until the AI researches them as well
    Balance adjustments to battles based on early concerns from the multiplayer community
    Alongside these changes the patch will also add some quality of life improvements to the UI and a number of bug fixes.
    If there was a common theme to complaints it is the ease of the game.
    One reason why I hardly ever buy games upon their release.

There is nothing justifying why you should not have culture as a mechanic in a game that takes place in Viking Age England.

It seems that we may get a culture mechanic after all.
    When Jack says 'we are particularly interested in culture and faction mechanics, so please let us know what you think is working and what you think isn’t adding much.', I think he is referring to the existing culture mechanics, like heroism for the Welsh etc.

However, he also says 'we won’t be re-introducing all the old systems and options that were available in Attila.', which might suggest that they are considering re-introducing some systems. This could include agents, army stances, culture...

I've spent some time poking around in the pack files and it seems to me as if they had at least ambush stance in game at some point (because they have an icon for an army that is hidden). There are also some db tables which include references to a spy, though I haven't managed to spawn one yet. One system that definitely won't be coming back is sanitation, because that has been hijacked by the new public order system (i.e when you have negative public order the game actually thinks you have negative sanitation).

I've spent some time poking around in the pack files and it seems to me as if they had at least ambush stance in game at some point (because they have an icon for an army that is hidden). There are also some db tables which include references to a spy, though I haven't managed to spawn one yet. One system that definitely won't be coming back is sanitation, because that has been hijacked by the new public order system (i.e when you have negative public order the game actually thinks you have negative sanitation).
    Your modding work has been superb so far. Thank you.

And no accompanying sales pitch of DLC yet.
    Just give me blood DLC! It's just nuts to have a war simulator with 3d animations without blood!

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Quote Originally Posted by mauiaw View Post
    The pack files have always included random files, I'm sure there are still Shogun 2 references scattered around them. For example all of the Attila special abilities are in the files, despite the game only having 3 special abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Commissar Caligula_ View Post
    The pack files have always included random files, I'm sure there are still Shogun 2 references scattered around them.
    There are, I have seen them.

Quote Originally Posted by Commissar Caligula_ View Post
    The pack files have always included random files
    Oh, for sure. But if I remember, the spy has had some of its tables updated to ToB related stuff. I haven't looked to see if they added any new art for agents, but creating a new icon for a hidden army certainly suggests that they were planning to have ambush stance in the game.

PATCH 1.0 IS OUT NOW BOYZ (through steam beta of course)

My view of siege escalation is something CA have done to speed the process up and get the A.I to attack once a breach or breaches have been made. Yes its a bit gimmicky but we all know the Siege A.I has had issues for years...so I dont particularly mind it.

By the way theres a good review (not biased) done by Darren on youtube. Someone with honesty it seems! Seems to be around a 6/10 maybe a 7.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFCnDX_GNsM&t=1335s

Last edited by Totalheadache; May 16, 2018 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Totalheadache View Post

By the way theres a good review (not biased) done by Darren on youtube. Someone with honesty it seems! Seems to be around a 6/10 maybe a 7.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFCnDX_GNsM&t=1335s

Yep.Seems legit

Campidoctor
    Civitate

According to Darren the AI is dumb as . Can anyone else confirm? Personally, I am not interested in yet another TW game with subpar AI.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; May 16, 2018 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Censor bypassing.

Its not great, especially on normal difficulty. I think it struggles with changes to buildings and recruitment.