Thread: Ship traveling distance

Default Ship traveling distance

Hi there!

First of all I want to thank you for this great mod, Darth Vader! This is great and pushs this game into another level.

Last time, when I played as Great Britain I conquered after a low war time Spain (hispanic peninsula. they still had collonies in America and North Africa). After this I was able to make peace with them. Everything wents great. In the third or fourth turn after my invasion (and conquering Madrid) they declared war on me, sailed from bosporus to north spain in one drive, unloaded a full stack army and conquered back Madrid. This war very annoying so I watn to ask if it is possible to decrease the range of a ship drive in one turn or get the "mechanic" from napoleonic wars that it is not possible to go over the whole map by one drive (turn)?
    Do you know how to get this in settings or are there further (sub-)mods?

Thank you and best regards!

Default Re: Ship traveling distance

To be fair, the ship movement range in Darthmod is a lot more realistic than the main game. By the 1700's, it could take around 3-4 months to reach the colonies from the Western European nations for example. In the vanilla game, it takes multiple turns which doesn't make sense when you consider that 1 turn is essentially 6 months in terms of time.