Thread: Hellenic Legionaries - "Error unit has no class key assigned"???

Civis
    Clarke Institute of Psychiatry (CAMH), Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Default Hellenic Legionaries - "Error unit has no class key assigned"???

I have tired to play both Macedonia and Ptolemaic Egypt. I noticed that when I was doing recruitment, there is an unit called "Hellenic Legionary" in the roster that has an odd vanilla style UI. I could recruit it to my army, yet when I pointed my cursor to it, the unit stats tab displayed an error message saying "Error unit has no class key assigned!". I couldn't see this unit in any of the faction rosters in the Custom Battle mode. I assume the presence of this unit is a glitch. If that's the case, I wonder what causes it to appear in the Greek factions' rosters? Is it one of the known bugs of the mod, or it is caused by some mess-up on my end? (I only used a few official submods of DEI and I turned them all off during testing, leaving only the basic DEI mod- the error unit still remains). Could someone help me understand the problem better? Thanks!!!!!!!!!

Default Re: Hellenic Legionaries - "Error unit has no class key assigned"???

It sounds like some old vanilla unit or a unit from another unit mod.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

We had Hellenic legionaries in the mod before ?

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

We actually had and I was the guy who wanted them to be deleted
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    We actually had and I was the guy who wanted them to be deleted
    Then kudos to you my fair warrior.

Which campaign? I just played Egypt in the AI campaign for 75 turns and never saw it, and I've got two 160+ turn files of Macedon and haven't seen this unit either.

Also what city did you see it available at?

We need more details.

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

And preferably we would like bug reports in the Bug Report thread

Sendt fra min SM-G930F med Tapatalk

Nordling's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by FlashHeart07 View Post

Flashheart07 I admire your determination

Quote Originally Posted by Nordling View Post
    Flashheart07 I admire your determination
    Well. Ive been unable to mod for a long time now so the only kindda usefull thing I can contribute with is hoping to keep the forum somewhat organized and help with mundane mod questions.
    Havent even been able to play since early phases of version 1.2

Civis
    Clarke Institute of Psychiatry (CAMH), Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Icon9 Re: Hellenic Legionaries - "Error unit has no class key assigned"???

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    It sounds like some old vanilla unit or a unit from another unit mod.
    I agree! The question is why it appears in DEI mod at all. As I mentioned earlier, I only plays with DEI mod. I had indeed used some DEI submods; but when I was testing I turned them all off, leaving only the basic DEI mod running. The Greek Legionaries unit with vanilla UI and Error message was still there. Not sure what caused it

Thank you for your response! It's in the city of Alexander, as well as the single city Macedonia occupies in the beginning (forgetting its name). The reason it's everywhere is because it's recruit-able from the barrack-ish building chain from Level II upward. (When I click on the building, this unit is displayed on the list of units the building enables).
    I attach the cut-screen below:

Not sure why game has this glitch if it doesn't appear in yours. I only play with DEI and its submods. When I was testing I turned even the submods off, leaving only the basic DEI files downloaded from the forum - divide_et_impera_release_12_Part1 and divide_et_impera_release_12_Part2. Nothing else was on. I have really no idea why this happened
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails error.jpg  
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; September 04, 2018 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Double Posting

Have you tried cleaning your data folder and reinstalling DeI? Even if you disable mods, they may still interfere just by being present in the data folder as this is where the game loads even the essential packs.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashHeart07 View Post

Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by moralrelativism View Post
    I agree! The question is why it appears in DEI mod at all. As I mentioned earlier, I only plays with DEI mod. I had indeed used some DEI submods; but when I was testing I turned them all off, leaving only the basic DEI mod running. The Greek Legionaries unit with vanilla UI and Error message was still there. Not sure what caused it

Thank you for your response! It's in the city of Alexander, as well as the single city Macedonia occupies in the beginning (forgetting its name). The reason it's everywhere is because it's recruit-able from the barrack-ish building chain from Level II upward. (When I click on the building, this unit is displayed on the list of units the building enables).
    I attach the cut-screen below:

Not sure why game has this glitch if it doesn't appear in yours. I only play with DEI and its submods. When I was testing I turned even the submods off, leaving only the basic DEI files downloaded from the forum - divide_et_impera_release_12_Part1 and divide_et_impera_release_12_Part2. Nothing else was on. I have really no idea why this happened
    Try what Flash said and be extra careful. Triple check for old remnants of submods in your Data folder. Old subscriptions and try a clean reinstall of DEI.
    Since other people haven't the same issue its 99% a faulty-bugged installation or a mod conflict.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; September 04, 2018 at 03:52 PM.