Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Status for Rise of the Republic overhaul

Default Re: Status for Rise of the Republic overhaul

Looking good Ahiga!

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Nice, Ahiga!I've been interested in this DLC, but have been holding out until it gets the full DeI. Thanks for giving us a look at your progress!

Skotos of Sinope's Avatar Macstre Gaposal

A glorious start, Ahiga.

Civis
    Clarke Institute of Psychiatry (CAMH), Toronto, Ontario, Canada

That looks fabulous!
    But how about Rome itself? Will there be more recruit-able units than vanilla Rome?

Quote Originally Posted by Dead*Man*Wilson View Post
    Nice, Ahiga!I've been interested in this DLC, but have been holding out until it gets the full DeI. Thanks for giving us a look at your progress!
    I'm in the same boat. Would love to do a playthrough of RTR followed by a Roman GC.

is there plans for new unit icons for the RotR units?

I can do new icons but I wasn't planning on it for round one since it'd be another task/distraction. I always was a huge fan of the pixel drawn ones bullgod(?) did way back, but that'd require some creative editing by me to pull it off. So I'll leave it for the DEI team.

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Ahiga View Post
    I'll try this weekend to upload all my existing work so that if I do burn out again DEI can take it and go ahead and implement it piecemeal rather than waiting for my slow self to get it all done and tied up in a bow.
    Then again, anything you do has always been worth it. Good on you for self-awareness and being a team player, but I think people appreciate the level of quality you put out either way!

Centenarius

Not asking for a release date mind you, but I see that the Rise of the Republic Campaign Pack is half off during the Steam Lunar New Year Sale right now. The next time I think it will go on sale is the Steam Summer Sale. You don't suppose we may need this DLC before the summer do you?

Love to see a lot of unique AoR units to spice up the recruitment pool. Romans should be able to recruit Samnite type units in Samnia or Sabine units in their territory. One or two unique units for the semi-major factions would be awesome!

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

---
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; March 03, 2019 at 01:13 PM.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Cicero_ View Post
    Love to see a lot of unique AoR units to spice up the recruitment pool. Romans should be able to recruit Samnite type units in Samnia or Sabine units in their territory. One or two unique units for the semi-major factions would be awesome!
    AFAIK all major and semi major factions will have unique style and units. Ahiga will have more info for you though

To be totally honest I am not sure when/if this will be done. Its a huge undertaking like the Empire Divided rosters. Our team just isn't as focused on these mini-campaign rosters like the Grand Campaign. I am not saying it won't happen, because of course we want it to and Ahiga has been working on it. But it isn't our top priority.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

As dresden mentioned, the main team is focused on the mod proper. I work on this (And then ED when this is done) as my schedule permits. I'll be uploading my Veneti and Celts work for the team when they are done, though I am not sure when it will be integrated in.

Quote Originally Posted by Cicero_ View Post
    Looking at my initial draft notes, the idea was to provide a small selection of auxiliaries based on AOR, the goal being not to have to add any new AOR resources and just use CA's. What units and in what way is unclear, but the heterodox nature of armies is something to definitely be depicted. At this stage I am skeptical that it'd be proper to depict a generic "Socii Hastati" unit when in more likelihood you'd see various soldiery be they Campanian Hoplites, Oscan javelinmen, Etruscan Scutarii, used in a Hastati or Principes or Triarii role but not equipped directly in that way.

does anyone know if there is a unit cards submod for RotR? last time i checked a couple of weeks ago, i failed to find any.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkiss View Post
    does anyone know if there is a unit cards submod for RotR? last time i checked a couple of weeks ago, i failed to find any.
    AFAIK nope. I'll give it a go though and let you know

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    AFAIK nope. I'll give it a go though and let you know
    that'd be great, thanks a lot will try and give it another search too.

Work is continuing on them, the Veneti are nearing completion and after they are done I will send it to the DEI team proper to update ROTR-DEI with it. To try and give the Veneti a unique feel I went with what my old wargaming ebook mentioned as an Illyrian fashion tending to be sleeveless and vertically striped attire. Veneti are not Illyrian, but belong to that Dalmatian cultural block so it's the best I can find for their theme, given they would not yet be Celtified. Mostly. They got celtic scutums on some units because I wasn't bothered enough to make new Illyrian ones.

Veneti Generals Missing a few as there should be 20
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Veneti Early Hoplites. Late I think has a few mail hauberks mixed in. Only Veneti and Celts get mail (late era).
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I'm not crazy with the result but there's literally nothing but 1 pic for Veneti hoplites, and just a handful for Veneti in general so it was kind of abstract. Etruscans, who are liable to be next, will be easier/better.
    Last edited by Ahiga; April 03, 2019 at 01:56 AM.

I see you've added Brennus' breastplate, nice job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arnWU1sWqKw

They look great!! Can’t wait to try them out!
    will you also work on the romans?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast