Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fall of the Eagles 6.0 Released!

Icon4 Fall of the Eagles 6.0 Released!

Fall of the Eagles 6.0 Relesed!

--> Download Thread <--
    Make sure to get both Parts!

After a very long wait by many patient people, we finally have a new update for this great mod! We present our latest version that includes roster overhauls for the Nordic, Slavic and Celtic factions. The update also includes a lot of other fixes and changes. The Last Roman DLC is now playable, many bugs have been fixed and some battle balancing has been included. The base of the unit overhaul work was from Ahiga as always, but we have to give a huge thanks to Cgma (Aurelinus) for doing all the work to put this together and have a version to release. SO THANK YOU!!! The amount of work he did to clean up the mod files and fix various issues is insane - we appreciate it!

Please note saves should be compatible but its probably best to start a new campaign. Also we highly recommend using the old launcher!! Here are some highlights of the patch, but a lot was done under the hood.

Roster Overhauls
    - New roster overhauls for the Nords, Celts and Slavic factions from Ahiga.
    - Thanks to Cgma for completing this work!

Mod Pack Cleanup
    - Tons of files cleaned up and general efficiency improved by Cgma.
    - Compatibility with Europa Perdita improved.
    - Please note some old units will not be mergeable or upgradeable due to changes, but saves should still work.

Fixes/Changes
    - Lots of smaller bug fixes from previous fix packs and new fixes.
    - Portraits cleaned up and redone.
    - Some changes to unit speed, projectiles and armor to improve battle balance.
    - Improvements to make the Last Roman DLC playable.

Credits
    - Massive thanks to Cgma who has joined and redone the mod for this update.
    - Thanks to Mr. Jox and Caligula for their long bow animation fix.
    - Thanks to Swiss for his custom battle fix.
    - Thanks to McNaughton for the Roman icons!
    Last edited by Dresden; March 14, 2019 at 02:17 PM.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Default Re: Fall of the Eagles 6.0 Released!

Wow.. a new update??!?! It has been quite some time... praise be to you FOTE team! I guess I will be playing Attila total war again then huge thanks for this update!

If you want to play it with Europa Perdita you have to use temporary update until EP team will update their mod:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1676827914

I also immodestly recommend using my mod for roman expansion in accordance to Notitia Dignitatum and campaign improvements:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1494368909
    Last edited by Cgma; March 08, 2019 at 05:49 PM.

Eldgrimr's Avatar Biarchus

Amazing! So happy I never stopped following this mod.

Got it, will figure out how to revert to the old launcher then.

EDIT okay I reverted back to the old mod manager and got rid of all my other mods completely just for a clean start. For some reason though when I launch the the game and mod manager pops up FOTE Part 2 is not showing up and is being deleted automatically from Attila data folder. Idk if thats more my systems end or something with the mod it self. If its my system then figures, new tool album and fote has an update then my computer craps out on me.

The one time I did get it to work The danes were missing all their armor textures too

Quote Originally Posted by lilalex20 View Post
    Got it, will figure out how to revert to the old launcher then.

EDIT okay I reverted back to the old mod manager and got rid of all my other mods completely just for a clean start. For some reason though when I launch the the game and mod manager pops up FOTE Part 2 is not showing up and is being deleted automatically from Attila data folder. Idk if thats more my systems end or something with the mod it self. If its my system then figures, new tool album and fote has an update then my computer craps out on me.

The one time I did get it to work The danes were missing all their armor textures too
    Steam sometimes holds mods in "SteamApps\workshop\content\" (use total commander or other tool to seek for pack). This doesn't matter where it is just be sure when you launch the mod the list is complete. You can also subscribe mod/part and copy it to data folder from SteamApps, that should do the trick.
    Last edited by Cgma; March 08, 2019 at 10:25 PM.

Got it to work for the most part just downloading from steam. The EP reloaded mod however has the game loading then exiting straight to desktop without an error report, haven't tested you're sub mod out yet. That being said, HOLY THISMODISAMAZING! I've waited so long for this to come out and man does it hit the spot. The battles are actually much longer with the tweaks the updated factions finally got some staying power it feels like. Would like some new unit cards and portraits but I can wait on those That being said, there are few units that have missing textures, mostly the Celtic factions but oddly enough some Frankish units as well. The Geatish general on horse also doesn't have a name or description. I think I even saw the Roman Scorpion team missing a body or two. I did take some pictures with the units names I'll post tomorrow when I get a chance if need be.

Once again though thank you SOOOO much Cgma and FOTE team. I love DEI don't get me wrong but I have been dreaming about this mod finally being updated like it was a woman lol, so I am entirely grateful for the update. Also just in time for my birthday month. I can't decide if I am going to save the empire now or create a Norse kingdom in Russia however lol.

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

That's very good news! I will certainly give it a try along with Europa Pedita.

Awesome work Cgma, + rep, of course!

Would like some new unit cards and portraits but I can wait on those
    No plans to update them in any predicted time.

That being said, there are few units that have missing textures, mostly the Celtic factions but oddly enough some Frankish units as well. The Geatish general on horse also doesn't have a name or description. I think I even saw the Roman Scorpion team missing a body or two. I did take some pictures with the units names I'll post tomorrow when I get a chance if need be.
    There may be something wrong with your installation. Be sure laucher shows that order:
    FotE Auxilias ERE/WRE (if you use it)
    FotE+EP Revised (if you use it)
    FotE Part1
    FotE Part2
    FotE Part3
    FotE Part4
    EP

If you have other loading order then things surely go wrong. Actually i have no problem to load game with that + MAGA and other compatible mods.
    There might be some models/textures/names/description mismatches regarding Slavs, Nordics or Celts, but old factions where not touched so if you see missing textures or so on Franks then it must be rather missing something on your side.

Please, report all bugs and observations in proper topic:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?683569-Bug-Reports
    Last edited by Cgma; March 09, 2019 at 07:52 AM.

Excellent work, Cgma! I am loving it. It's essentially DEI for Attila.

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Screens of the new rosters?

Update 6.1
    Only Part 1 updated
    - Bug corrected with axum elephants.
    - Added new Noble Acatziri Raider unit for Huns
    - Fixed cheiroballistra model
    - Switched mounts for Equites Alae
    - Fixed various missing names
    - Added missing Celtic linothorax textures
    - Fixed missing helmet for german unit
    - Fixed an EP compatibility issue
    - Various other fixes.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Dang, thank you Dresden!

You are truly heroes! Been waiting so long, so pumped! Finally, Attila as it should have always been.

Thanks so much!

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Excellent! Well done Cgma

yeah, all is fine but currently both launhcers generate so many issues you never know this is bug or game's error. I hope they fix that crappy launcher soon as i go crazy meanwhile...

elementall's Avatar Libertus

Hello,
    actually i cant change my load order. i have subscribed 3 times to the mods on steam, but i have this order with the old launcher:
    FotE part1
    FotE part2
    Europa Perdita Reloaded
    FotE + Ep revised

Any solution? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by elementall View Post
    Hello,
    actually i cant change my load order. i have subscribed 3 times to the mods on steam, but i have this order with the old launcher:
    FotE part1
    FotE part2
    Europa Perdita Reloaded
    FotE + Ep revised

Any solution? Thanks!
    It is not important which order mods are shown in manager, but what order is loading. Check order during loading game:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/hqkwxmxw8r...ncher.jpg?dl=0
    Last edited by Cgma; March 12, 2019 at 12:21 PM.

thanks for update

elementall's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Cgma View Post
    It is not important which order mods are shown in manager, but what order is loading. Check order during loading game:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/hqkwxmxw8r...ncher.jpg?dl=0
    ok, thanks! i'll check right now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast