Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Faction names back to normal English form

Default Re: Faction Names back to English 0.9.6

I've had to forcefully stay away from the game for the past week and half and took the chance to translate -whenever possible- all the faction names into English. Some literary license was taken here and there because google translate didn't have translations for some (most?) of the names and I didn't have access to the original names used in Stainless Steel. Still, I think the result is OK, definitely an improvement over vanilla SSHIP where most of the time I don't know who's who or what's what when it comes to factions/diplomacy.

The file must be placed into the SSHIP's data/text/ folder, overwriting the file there. Enjoy!expanded.txt

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Note that you need to delete the associated sting.bin file in order to let the game regenerate a new one. It's not an issue for the disk versions of the game. It might be for the Steam one. I'd suggest you to attached the relevant string.bin file in order to avoid issues
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by XXZit View Post
    I've had to forcefully stay away from the game for the past week and half and took the chance to translate -whenever possible- all the faction names into English. Some literary license was taken here and there because google translate didn't have translations for some (most?) of the names and I didn't have access to the original names used in Stainless Steel. Still, I think the result is OK, definitely an improvement over vanilla SSHIP where most of the time I don't know who's who or what's what when it comes to factions/diplomacy.

The file must be placed into the SSHIP's data/text/ folder, overwriting the file there. Enjoy!expanded.txt
    Wow, works great with what Lifth said as well (delete the expanded.txt.strings file afterwards). Thank you for this , XXZit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12