Thread: Will there be the Alan Kingdom?

Default Will there be the Alan Kingdom?

Hello everyone. I have a question regarding the factions in the game. As an Ossetian I immediately noticed the Alans were missing. They were pretty horribly implemented in the vanilla game and I thought this mod will do they some justice but they are not even there in the mod.
    Let me give you some reasons why I think they should definitely be a playable faction.
    1. They were the very last surviving Iranic people in the world that remained untouched by the Arab Conquest by the year 1212. Moreover, they stood against this whole huge turcic expansion that was going on for some good 500 years. They would certainly be the most unique culture in the game.
    2. Alans could have a very unique unit roster with elite units similar to those of Parthia mixed with lots of hillmen units of Caucasus mountains.
    3. The Alan campaign could easily be the most challenging one in the entire game because you will have to quickly defeat the Cumans and them meet the spearhead of the Mongol Invasion.
    It`s not just that I want to see them as a speaker of Alan language. There is no single video game set in the Middle Ages with Alans as a playable faction. Medieval 2 for example had an empty space and one rebel settlement way up north.
    Are there any plans to bring this faction into the mod?

Default Re: Will there be the Alan Kingdom?

i find those people very interesting, can you suggest some reading?

Not a wole lot in English I`m afraid. Vsevolod Miller dedicated a lot of work to the history of Alans.

Quote Originally Posted by Feudal View Post
    Not a wole lot in English I`m afraid. Vsevolod Miller dedicated a lot of work to the history of Alans.
    are you knowledgeable in this field of topic? their army compositions and organizations? if so, you can pm me in the discord.

I will to contact you this weekend. How do I find you? I mean your name and what not, I`m pretty new to discord.

I will to contact you this weekend. How do I find you? I mean your name and what not, I`m pretty new to discord.
    Will *try* to contact. Missed a word there.

https://discord.gg/xETZGThX click this link to join

Quote Originally Posted by banskie100 View Post
    https://discord.gg/xETZGThX click this link to join
    It says Invite Invalid
    Can you please send one more?

Quote Originally Posted by banskie100 View Post
    Sorry, could not anser, the TW Center was down for some reason. I joined your discord server, thank you, great lord!
    Now, how do I find you there? Saw no one with your nickname.

It would be great indeed. Here's a more accurate map of 11-12th Century Caucasus tho.

Sorry, could not anser, the TW Center was down for some reason. I joined your discord server, thank you, great lord!
    Now, how do I find you there? Saw no one with your nickname.
    it is the same name as my TWC. "Banskie" as a dev member.