Thread: Finances wrong all the time

Default Finances wrong all the time

Guys,

I'm sorry if anyone posted it before, but I haven't find anything about it.
    I have recently installed SS6.4 and I'm now playing an early era campaing with BGRIV, which I've installed in the same setup that installs Stainless Steel.

I am really enjoying, sounds like challenge, but I think I might have spotted a bug in the finances window.
    The thing is: the math the game is doing seems not to fit, and at the end of the turn, I am not with the projected treasury.
    For exemple: I have now 398 florins, the finances window says the projected profits are 1700. So the Projected Treasury in the next turn should be 2089, right?
    But the game says I'm going to have 2841, and in the reallity I don't even get 2089, but something different than that! (And there is no Noble Contributions)

Is this happening because of the Noble Expenses and Contributions? I read BGRIV thread, and I really tried to make things out, but I can understand how this math works.

Is this a bug? Where can I fix it?
    If not, can anyone explain for me this math?

Thanks in advance!

Some info:
    I installed BGR in the setup after the installation of the mod, with long assimilation, the AI that haves balanced war and peace (forgot the name) and the other one that just let me build/recruit with a general in the settlement.

Default Re: Finances wrong all the time

My advice is to ignore the financial report when you want to find out whether you're making a profit each turn or not. The financial report doesn't show the things your nobles are doing. I don't know how the math works exactly, but when you recruit units or hire mercs with one of your nobles, they have to pay them too, using their own funds. At the end of the turn, those nobles reclaim their expenses using your treasury (sneaky bastards).

You can get some idea about these costs by opening the faction info screen (there should be two pup-ups with the projected income and expenses of your nobles). I always keep an eye on my treasury before ending the turn to find out how well (or bad) my economy is doing. I only use the financial report to keep track about the costs of my army and how much money is coming in through taxes and trade, for example.

Expect having a lot less money than usual and try to keep your armies small. It takes a little more effort to build your economy, but sooner rather than later you should be able to field a reasonable army and go campaigning (waging war is also expensive, make sure you have some money to spare before going to battle).

Playing a small faction first is a great way to get familiar with the system.

Quote Originally Posted by LordHaakon View Post
    Guys,

I'm sorry if anyone posted it before, but I haven't find anything about it.
    I have recently installed SS6.4 and I'm now playing an early era campaing with BGRIV, which I've installed in the same setup that installs Stainless Steel.

I am really enjoying, sounds like challenge, but I think I might have spotted a bug in the finances window.
    The thing is: the math the game is doing seems not to fit, and at the end of the turn, I am not with the projected treasury.
    For exemple: I have now 398 florins, the finances window says the projected profits are 1700. So the Projected Treasury in the next turn should be 2089, right?
    But the game says I'm going to have 2841, and in the reallity I don't even get 2089, but something different than that! (And there is no Noble Contributions)

Is this happening because of the Noble Expenses and Contributions? I read BGRIV thread, and I really tried to make things out, but I can understand how this math works.

Is this a bug? Where can I fix it?
    If not, can anyone explain for me this math?
    This isn't a bug. The game is unable to take the new features into (financial) account as they are added outside of the hardcoded financial system. Just see it as an added challenge.

Libertus

You just wait until the sneaky nobles start betting against toxic assets with un real triple AAA ratings. And your feudal knights start asking for loans to buy up land without having the financial capabilities of paying the banks bank. You'll have to bail out the merchant banks at some point and eventually slip into a recession.
    Last edited by Hypomanic Crusader; August 30, 2011 at 05:04 PM.
    Your all Homo Sapiens, I'm Homo Bi Polar

For the Faith and in the Service of Humanity

http://xalexisflloydx.deviantart.com/

I am trying Denmark right now.

I installed this because of the challenge, but I would like to know how to calculate my treasury so I can spend resources correctly.
    Does anybody know how to calculate?

You can calculate it within a couple hundred but even knowing all the factors its easy to miss something from turn to turn. For example your generals purchase supplies and if they are WC or junior WC, or FL that cost will come from the treasury. Mercenary recruitment also adds costs based on type of mercenaries recruited. Inflation affects all costs. Coming of age and dowries minus from the treasury. There are costs for other things as well but those should be the major costs. Also the hard coded treasury does not figure in costs of new construction so if you expected 2,000 profit from what is indicated you might -200 for supplies of various generals, 4,000 for a coming of age prince, 2,500 for a new building, and then 800 of mercenary costs which will make your actual treasury next turn -5,500.

Byg's Avatar Read The Manual
    Patrician

This took me ages to find using a twcenter search because it does not seem to let me search multiple words. Anyway, this is my last post on this subject in response to "how do you calculate finances?" type questions.
    , which I have now edited a bit

Regarding calculating finances and/or checking they add up.

For checking I think it' something like this:

When ending a turn note your treasury total then look at your treasury total drop after you hit the end turn button, I think that's extra costs for units not recruited with a general. Note this figure as the game cannot predict this deduction.

Most of the rest of deductions/additions happen when you can't see, after end turn.

Then next turn if you look at the turn report that appears each start turn you can see what the faction would have had without BGR nobles costs and expenses.

Then look at your current money to see what you actually have. The expenses & income from nobles summaries should represent the difference (corruption and forage damage account for any discrepancy here as they are deducted at start turn).

Predicting obviously involves noting what is recruited by generals that are supported by the treasury and what all generals pay in taxes and is best done by obtaining a feel for it via the summaries rather than monitoring and adding up each and every generals transactions.

The wisest thing to do is keep a float of 10,000 to cover unexpected costs like new generals or whatever amount seems necessary.

PS bgr only deducts/adds money to the nearest hundred, so if you were expecting e.g. 1,211 and you actually have 1,253 then that would not be related to bgr.
    Last edited by Byg; August 31, 2011 at 05:46 AM.

NEW BGR V 20150324! . . . . . . . .. . . .BGRIV_E