Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

yes, 6.4 works ok but as i put 0.97 on top of it stops working. i deleted everything, verified medieval 2 and reinstalled everything from the start and it works (at least the combined package). the combined package doesnt have the xii/xiii files from the kostic mod.

Quote Originally Posted by sarpedon21 View Post
    yes, 6.4 works ok but as i put 0.97 on top of it stops working. i deleted everything, verified medieval 2 and reinstalled everything from the start and it works (at least the combined package). the combined package doesnt have the xii/xiii files from the kostic mod.
    Maybe you did the same mistake as me a while ago: if you clicked on the first link in sship release page, you have only the patch F and not the full 097 release. The right link is in the spoiler section just below.
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Indeed, the SSHIP download link is not clear !
    The 518MB are only patch F
    The full version SSHIP 0.9.7 is over 4 GB !

@JOC: I think we should review the mod download thread because the titles are confusing.

system.log.txt

I post the system_log of my last CTD on round 29 with France, apparently at the time of the passage of the rebel factions ...
    The advantage of this one is that I use the last campaign_script file provided by Belovèse. Can we now deduce the origin of the CTD ?

I would like to point out that by reloading the automatic save the CTD did not reproduce.

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    system.log.txt

I post the system_log of my last CTD on round 29 with France, apparently at the time of the passage of the rebel factions ...
    The advantage of this one is that I use the last campaign_script file provided by Belovèse. Can we now deduce the origin of the CTD ?

I would like to point out that by reloading the automatic save the CTD did not reproduce.
    Hello Kostic! Good thing you could move past the CTD, but my campaign_script will only have an effect on new games, and I think yours was started before using it. Sorry!

Ah yes, indeed...
    I will launch other campaigns soon then because I have already started a number of them before your file.

Hello everyone, I opened a thread explaining how to apply yourself the fix we're talking about with kostic: see here

Hi guys!
    Could you take a look at my repeating CTD with Byzantium?
    It seems it is related to the Byzantine Renaissance event.
    Is it solvable? Could you help me out?
    Attached the system.log and save files.
    Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by stefdim7 View Post
    Hi guys!
    Could you take a look at my repeating CTD with Byzantium?
    It seems it is related to the Byzantine Renaissance event.
    Is it solvable? Could you help me out?
    Attached the system.log and save files.
    Thanks!
    Hello, thanks for the report!
    There is indeed an error in the Byzantine Renaissance script, I've fixed it a few days ago. I see you're using KCC, if you go to his thread you'll find a download for the fixed campaign_script.txt file (in point 8 of the first post)

Please note that it'll only take effect on a new game. It should (have not thoroughly tested it yet) also fix the patriarch bug, if you try it can you tell me if you have a lot of patriarch or not when you reach turn 50 or so?

I am having a problem with 0.97. Freshly installed SS 6.4 and it all runs fine. If I put 0.97 with or without Patch F on top, the game crashes on startup:

"[system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit."

So in order to go on with the already saved game one would have to somehow correct the .sav file, which is I guess a big mess.
    Anyways, many thanks! I will let you know about the patriarchs.
    I guess you have eliminated them but you could have kept a couple of them, since historically two of the three eastern patriarchs - of Antioch & Jerusalem,
    but one could also add Alexandria - were ordained by the emperor and resided in Constantinople, when the Latins took over their seats after the First Crusade.

In fact the patriarch are still present in the game, but there should be only a few of them, instead of having dozens of them.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Baron279 View Post
    I am having a problem with 0.97. Freshly installed SS 6.4 and it all runs fine. If I put 0.97 with or without Patch F on top, the game crashes on startup:
    "[system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit."
    I think there's a problem with your installation. Perhaps do every step again, or just download my installed version that is linked somewhere in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    I think there's a problem with your installation. Perhaps do every step again, or just download my installed version that is linked somewhere in this thread.
    You are my savior. That worked out perfectly and is running fine now. Maybe you could even Link that file in the first post

Thanks a lot!

Novgorod can build an Ikoner Studio much earlier before Anna (although not on game start). I also I could only recruit priests after building a Cathedral there, which makes problematic dealing with Heretics and Witches. In fact, if you take on Kernave, you can start making priests there almost right away.

The Orthodox seem to be unable to build castle libraries and monasteries, that are very useful for education. Furthermore, the Ikoner Studio, while serving a similar strategic function as the Artist Studio, doesn't offer nowhere the same trait and ancillary benefits. This, on top of the harder time getting Chivalry compared to Catholics and Muslims, puts their game on a bit of an awkward spot.

Finally, I noticed the Serbians got a unit, Slavic Levy, that isn't used by the Russians. It could probably be copied over with some adjustments to name and replace the Junior Militia, freeing up one unit slot.

Edit: While at it, Dievas e Perkunas (good gods) award Dread on completion, while Gilitine (evil goddess), Chivalry.
    Last edited by RodriguesSting; January 12, 2021 at 09:07 PM.

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

https://easyupload.io/55chol

Crashing at HRE end turn , couldnt get past it with normal methods. Log and save inside.

SSHIP 0.9.8 + KCC + Patch G .

EDIT: After a 4th try apperently the game moved on and i am alright for now. I guess it was one of those CTD's that pop whenever they feel like it. Ill keep you updated if more problems arise.
    Last edited by Nemesis2345; January 14, 2021 at 06:08 AM.

Good thing you could move on, war there a civil war after you managed to move on the CTD?

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Belovèse View Post
    Good thing you could move on, war there a civil war after you managed to move on the CTD?
    iirc indeed there was a HRE civil war 2 or 3 turns after.....

Thanks, there is currently some random ctd with the civil war script, I'm working on a new way to do it for the next release.
    As the script fire at random, only way now is to keep reloading until it works. I know it's frustrating...