Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Quote Originally Posted by Belovèse View Post
    About the save: was there a civil war happening in turn 7?
    Question to Mike. Me, I haven't spotted anything.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Indeed, my current version does not support the MikeFrics campaign file.
    Oddly, my version 0.9.7 with older KCC 0.9.5 doesn't support it either.
    However, I was able to load the file on a version based on SSHIP 0.9.6. On this version, Mike's round 7 passes without a problem.

Annoying all these versions.

Crashes continued, can't pass the turn.

https://mega.nz/folder/4dVVAQbA#iGvlh-q0buaBaHblbLAF3g

3 logs because 3 times trials + the save.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

I personally don't have the full 0.98 beta version. I think it is slightly different from mine:
    SSHIP 0.97 + KCC 0.95 + KCC 0.96 beta
    I think that's why I can't load Mike's parts.

@ MikeFriks: Here is the save move to next turn
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

Quote Originally Posted by Belovèse View Post
    @ MikeFriks: Here is the save move to next turn
    Thanks for the help, but I don't plan to do this method everyday, so I give up.
    I am looking forward to try again for the next version.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeFriks View Post
    That's totally understandable. I hope the next version will do it for you!

But good news, everyone! The version 098 is in the last beta version for the devs, so it would be released in the coming weeks if no unforeseen problem arise!

I think the triggers SicilyCrushed, AbbasidCrushed and Kievan_rusCrushed are broken in descr_faction_standing. These three cases have the condition "and I_NumberOfSettlements ABOVE a number, so for instance, Sicily reads:

Trigger SicilyCrushed
    WhenToTest FactionTurnStart

Condition FactionType sicily
    and I_NumberOfSettlements sicily > 7

This is similar for Kievan_rus and abbasid factions, only that the number of settlements is different. But this kind of conditions shouldn't make sense, given that for all other factions, the condition is that settlements are below a certain number and how this line is supposed to work in general.

You're absolutely right, I started working on the descr_faction_standing a few month ago and released a minimod, you're welcome to try it but it is still work in progress, and I've been working an other area of the game lately.
    But I intend to get back to it, it is just a wider subject that I suspected at first, and work was needed in other parts of the game before I can tackle this again.

Anyway thanks for pointing that out, I'll correct them for 098.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeFriks View Post
    I worry a bit that the problem might be with your Med2 install or your comp. Of course, the built will be new, but it's a modification of what we had in January, and we don't have problems with your save so it doesn't seem to the the problem of the mod itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    I worry a bit that the problem might be with your Med2 install or your comp. Of course, the built will be new, but it's a modification of what we had in January, and we don't have problems with your save so it doesn't seem to the the problem of the mod itself.
    I will have some time this WE, I will try a fresh reinstall so.
    However, I went to check the files of Med II and no missing file was found.

Civis

0.98 standalone version is buggy, requires manual tweaks to work.
    My computer can't get past Logo screen unless I ALT+Tab back and forth, then the game gets to a loading screen and proceeds accordingly.
    Next thing. I download 0.98 standalone version and I crash when I try to load a save game during campaign.
    Another issue. AMD 5500 XT 4GB with latest drivers doesnt seem to be compatible or the problem is elsewhere. in Campaign map Italy, Iberia or any other region where grass has same texture, the game is droping to 3-6 FPS and grass is glitching with black shades

EDIT: Managed to bypass FPS drop bug by turning of every shadow graphic.

EDIT2: It did fix everything related to FPS and crashes except few others. Intro logo is not going anywhere until alt+tab or it can be fixed by changing game setting to run in Windowed or Windowed+borderless setting.
    I'm still experiencing CTD Before battles and after battles, whenever it switches from campaign map into battle map or vice versa. I used to believe my PG27UQ monitor is not supported, or engine isn't capable to deliver 4k res. Though, I have tried playing in 2560x1440 Res and it crashes on the same spot. I have to reload the game to do one and only battle until another one. I had tried different GPU, none of them influence these specific crashes 1070 Ti 1660 super and 5500 XT(using now).
    On the other hand, I can play SS 6.4 RR RC 2.0 properly without a single crash. Can it be CFG file or DLL or .EXE files ? Can you help me check SS 6.4 RR/RC 2.0 settings, what's the difference between them?

EDIT3: WOHO! I fixed it!!!
    The fix was very simple. PG27UQ is HDR10 Monitor and this game was crashing due to Windows 10 HDR setting. What i had to do is Turn off HDR.
    I'm still unsure how SS 6.4 RR/RC 2.0 works perfectly fine with HDR setting Turned On. But battles above 40 Units did crash, however. When I have RR RC 2.0 on hand, I'l do tests
    Last edited by shadowtwinz; March 17, 2021 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Fixed all problems related to prebattle and after battle CTD

Given that so many players reported playing with that version with easy (with crashes during the play, admitedly), I wonder if it is the SSHIP what is buggy, or rather your install or your computer can't handle it.

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by shadowtwinz View Post
    0.98 standalone version is buggy, requires manual tweaks to work.
    My computer can't get past Logo screen unless I ALT+Tab back and forth, then the game gets to a loading screen and proceeds accordingly.
    Next thing. I download 0.98 standalone version and I crash when I try to load a save game during campaign.
    Another issue. AMD 5500 XT 4GB with latest drivers doesnt seem to be compatible or the problem is elsewhere. in Campaign map Italy, Iberia or any other region where grass has same texture, the game is droping to 3-6 FPS and grass is glitching with black shades

EDIT: Managed to bypass FPS drop bug by turning of every shadow graphic.

EDIT2: It did fix everything related to FPS and crashes except few others. Intro logo is not going anywhere until alt+tab or it can be fixed by changing game setting to run in Windowed or Windowed+borderless setting.
    I'm still experiencing CTD Before battles and after battles, whenever it switches from campaign map into battle map or vice versa. I used to believe my PG27UQ monitor is not supported, or engine isn't capable to deliver 4k res. Though, I have tried playing in 2560x1440 Res and it crashes on the same spot. I have to reload the game to do one and only battle until another one. I had tried different GPU, none of them influence these specific crashes 1070 Ti 1660 super and 5500 XT(using now).
    On the other hand, I can play SS 6.4 RR RC 2.0 properly without a single crash. Can it be CFG file or DLL or .EXE files ? Can you help me check SS 6.4 RR/RC 2.0 settings, what's the difference between them?
    IMO, playing the game at anything above 1980x1080 is at your own risk. M2TW is a 2006 game , so 144p resolution was a myth , the game is also 32 bit (meaning it wont use more than 2gb RAM initially, there is that fix for 4gb ahem) and it also wont use more than 2 cores of the CPU iirc , so you cant expect the game to run at solid fps while the engine is pushed to the max.

The quicksave is dead, indeed. Do you have the autosave? This could help.

besides, this is log is telling something - given that the time is the same, there might be something wrong with Miserly_NoGoingBack. I need to analyse it.

00:23:21.549 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Ai_MoveFix_Starter> fired
    00:23:21.549 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Ai_MoveFix_StayInSettlement_MilMind> fired
    00:23:21.550 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Intelligent_SafetyValve> fired
    00:23:21.550 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Body_Handsome_Starter> fired
    00:23:21.550 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <PT_Untitled_Added> fired
    00:23:21.550 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <I_want_to_be_king_4> fired
    00:23:21.550 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <ACM_Safety_In_Case_of_Bug_Min_Hard> fired
    00:23:21.550 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Ai_Boost_Diff_Hard> fired
    00:23:21.550 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <AIb_general_boost> fired
    00:23:21.550 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Ai_MoveFix_Starter> fired
    00:23:21.550 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Ai_MoveFix_MoveYourAss_InWild> fired
    00:23:21.550 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Ai_MoveFix_MoveYourAss> fired
    00:23:21.550 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Miserly_NoGoingBack> fired
    00:23:21.550 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
    I have this exact issue playing as Serbia, and while I've been able to get past the sort of frequent crashes (probably the ones caused by the civil war script, from what I could gather in these forums) I can not seem to get past this one

Quote Originally Posted by Po0gles View Post
    I have this exact issue playing as Serbia, and while I've been able to get past the sort of frequent crashes (probably the ones caused by the civil war script, from what I could gather in these forums) I can not seem to get past this one
    After it was reported, I've spent some time fixing it, so it should behave better in the 098. Wait a bit, we're testing the new version.

Great to hear! Concerning Serbia, is it normal that I can't recruit any diplomats or priests? Not sure if this is a bug, seems weird to me though.

Concerning Serbia, is it normal that I can't recruit any diplomats or priests? Not sure if this is a bug, seems weird to me though.
    Do you have the relevant buildings?

Do you have the relevant buildings?
    I checked again in more detail, and it seems to have been my mistake concerning the priests - but you can apparently only recruit those once you have the "orthodox cathedral", which is the "tier 4" building (the second best, requires large city), so only very late. Not sure if this is intended, I don't feel like it should be.

With the diplomats it seems to be a bit weird, I have the required "tier 1" town hall building in my serbia campaign, but it won't let me recruit diplomats. Interestingly, when I check the town buildings tab via a castle, it shows that the tier 1 to tier 4 town halls should allow me to recruit diplomats, but when I check the same building in the building tab via a city, then it won't show me that town halls would let me recruit diplomats. Just to test, I started a campaign with the byzantine empire, and it won't let me recruit diplomats in Nikaia (has tier 2 town hall building) and Thessalonike (has tier 3 town hall building), but it will let me recruit diplomats in constantinople (which has tier 4, the best town hall building). So in conclusion, you only seem to be able to recruit diplomats in the very best town hall building, which surely can't be intended?
    Last edited by Po0gles; March 17, 2021 at 04:40 PM.

I checked again in more detail, and it seems to have been my mistake concerning the priests - but you can apparently only recruit those once you have the "orthodox cathedral", which is the "tier 4" building (the second best, requires large city), so only very late. Not sure if this is intended, I don't feel like it should be.

With the diplomats it seems to be a bit weird, I have the required "tier 1" town hall building in my serbia campaign, but it won't let me recruit diplomats. Interestingly, when I check the town buildings tab via a castle, it shows that the tier 1 to tier 4 town halls should allow me to recruit diplomats, but when I check the same building in the building tab via a city, then it won't show me that town halls would let me recruit diplomats. Just to test, I started a campaign with the byzantine empire, and it won't let me recruit diplomats in Nikaia (has tier 2 town hall building) and Thessalonike (has tier 3 town hall building), but it will let me recruit diplomats in constantinople (which has tier 4, the best town hall building). So in conclusion, you only seem to be able to recruit diplomats in the very best town hall building, which surely can't be intended?
    Priests: they should be recruitable even in a small church if this is a capital (ie it has a hidden resource capital, and Ras does have it). I might have changed it in a later version, though, the code below is from our new 098.

Code:
    building temple_orthodox{
      convert_to temple_orthodox_castle
      religion orthodox
      levels small_church_o church_o abbey_o cathedral_o huge_cathedral_o
      {
        small_church_o city requires factions { russia, kievan_rus, byzantium, georgia, serbia, } and building_present_min_level builders builders1
        {
          convert_to 0
          capability
          {
            agent priest  0  requires factions { russia, kievan_rus, } and hidden_resource capital
            agent priest  0  requires factions { byzantium, } and hidden_resource capital
            agent priest  0  requires factions { serbia, } and hidden_resource capital
            agent priest  0  requires factions { georgia, } and hidden_resource capital

agent_limit priest  0
            agent_limit priest  1  requires factions { russia, kievan_rus, byzantium, georgia, serbia, } and hidden_resource capital
            agent_limit priest  1  requires factions { russia, kievan_rus, byzantium, georgia, serbia, } and event_counter strictly_religious 1
            agent_limit priest  1  requires factions { russia, kievan_rus, byzantium, georgia, serbia, } and event_counter is_the_ai 4

religion_level bonus 1

law_bonus bonus 1
            population_growth_bonus bonus 1

;---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ; UPKEEP/INCOME        
            income_bonus bonus -50
          }
          material wooden
          construction  3
          cost  1350
          settlement_min town
          upgrades
          {
            church_o
          }
        }
    Code:
    Ras_Province    Ras
        serbia
        Serbian_Capital_Rebels
        217 255 217
        capital, serbia
        religions { catholic 10 orthodox 40 islam 0 pagan 30 heretic 20 }
    Diplomats: they're recruitable even from the lowest tier of the Town Halls, but only in capitals (Constantinople is, but Thessalonike and Nikaia not).
    Code:
    building city_hall
    {
      levels town_hall council_chambers city_hall mayors_palace
      {
        town_hall city requires factions { northern_european, middle_eastern, eastern_european, greek, southern_european, } and building_present_min_level builders builders2 and not building_present_min_level grasslands nomad_encampment
        {
          capability
          {
            agent diplomat  0  requires factions { northern_european, } and hidden_resource capital
            agent diplomat  0  requires factions { middle_eastern, } and hidden_resource capital
            agent diplomat  0  requires factions { eastern_european, } and hidden_resource capital
            agent diplomat  0  requires factions { greek, } and hidden_resource capital
            agent diplomat  0  requires factions { southern_european, } and hidden_resource capital

agent_limit diplomat 0        
            agent_limit diplomat 1 requires factions { all, } and hidden_resource capital

law_bonus bonus 2
            population_health_bonus bonus 1 requires event_counter new_era_begins 1        
    ;---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ; UPKEEP/INCOME        
            income_bonus bonus -50
          }
          material wooden
          construction  4
          cost  2000
          settlement_min large_town
          upgrades
          {
            council_chambers
          }
        }
    other cities will provide diplomats from the universities, but after certain faction-specific events
    Code:
        university city requires factions { northern_european, abbasid, egypt, turks, zengid, rum, moors, poland, hungary, russia, kievan_rus, greek, southern_european, } and building_present_min_level builders builders3 and building_present_min_level education_libraries library    {
          capability
          {    
            agent diplomat  0  requires factions { northern_european, } and event_counter PRIVILEGIUM 1
            agent diplomat  0  requires factions { southern_european, } and event_counter PRIVILEGIUM 1
            agent diplomat  0  requires factions { hungary, } and event_counter GOLDEN_BULL_HUNGARIAN 1
            agent diplomat  0  requires factions { poland, } and event_counter POLAND4_LOCATION_OF_CRACOW 1
            agent diplomat  0  requires factions { kievan_rus, russia, } and event_counter EUPHROSYNE 1    
            agent diplomat  0  requires factions { byzantium, } and event_counter anna_comnena 1
            agent diplomat  0  requires factions { serbia, } and event_counter SERBIAN3_SAINT_SAVA 1
            agent diplomat  0  requires factions { georgia, } and event_counter GEORGIAN2_GOLDEN_AGE 1        
            agent diplomat  0  requires factions { middle_eastern, } and event_counter omar_khayyam 1

agent_limit diplomat  0
            agent_limit diplomat  1  requires factions { northern_european, } and event_counter PRIVILEGIUM 1
            agent_limit diplomat  1  requires factions { southern_european, } and event_counter PRIVILEGIUM 1
            agent_limit diplomat  1  requires factions { hungary, } and event_counter GOLDEN_BULL_HUNGARIAN 1
            agent_limit diplomat  1  requires factions { poland, } and event_counter POLAND4_LOCATION_OF_CRACOW 1
            agent_limit diplomat  1  requires factions { lithuania, cumans, } and event_counter MINDAUGAS 1
            agent_limit diplomat  1  requires factions { kievan_rus, russia, } and event_counter EUPHROSYNE 1    
            agent_limit diplomat  1  requires factions { byzantium, serbia, } and event_counter anna_comnena 1
            agent_limit diplomat  1  requires factions { serbia, } and event_counter SERBIAN3_SAINT_SAVA 1
            agent_limit diplomat  1  requires factions { georgia, } and event_counter GEORGIAN2_GOLDEN_AGE 1
            agent_limit diplomat  1  requires factions { middle_eastern, } and event_counter omar_khayyam 1

law_bonus bonus 4

population_growth_bonus bonus 2  requires factions { northern_european, } and event_counter PRIVILEGIUM 1 and not event_counter science_maths_zero_europe 1
            population_health_bonus bonus 2  requires factions { northern_european, } and event_counter science_maths_zero_europe 1
            population_growth_bonus bonus 2  requires factions { southern_european, } and event_counter PRIVILEGIUM 1 and not event_counter science_maths_zero_europe 1
            population_health_bonus bonus 2  requires factions { southern_european, } and event_counter science_maths_zero_europe 1
            population_growth_bonus bonus 2  requires factions { hungary, poland, } and event_counter OSTSIEDLUNG 1 and not event_counter science_maths_zero_europe 1
            population_health_bonus bonus 2  requires factions { hungary, poland, } and event_counter science_maths_zero_europe 1
            population_growth_bonus bonus 2  requires factions { lithuania, cumans, } and event_counter MINDAUGAS 1
            population_growth_bonus bonus 2  requires factions { kievan_rus, russia, } and event_counter EUPHROSYNE 1    
            population_growth_bonus bonus 2  requires factions { byzantium, serbia, } and event_counter anna_comnena 1
            population_growth_bonus bonus 2  requires factions { serbia, } and event_counter SERBIAN3_SAINT_SAVA 1
            population_growth_bonus bonus 2  requires factions { georgia, } and event_counter GEORGIAN2_GOLDEN_AGE 1
            population_growth_bonus bonus 2  requires factions { middle_eastern, } and event_counter omar_khayyam 1

; UPKEEP/INCOME        
            income_bonus bonus -400
          }
          material stone
          construction  10
          cost  8000
          settlement_min large_city
          upgrades
          {
            great_university
          }
        }
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; March 18, 2021 at 01:22 AM.