Thread: Suggestions

Razor's Avatar Licenced to insult

Default Suggestions

If you happen to have general suggestions for this mod, feel free to post and discuss them here.

Razor's Avatar Licenced to insult

Default Re: Suggestions

Let me start with a suggestion:

I plan to have the samurai divided into several tiers. The first tier will be the foot samurai. These samurai are from the lower samuari class and fight on foot. They will have a more basic appearance and wear more simplistic/modern armour with smaller sode (shoulder armour) and no haidate (thigh armour/apron), because they're expected to fight on foot.
    The second tier will be the elite/mounted samurai (and foot guard samurai). These samurai will have a more elite appearance (like scale armour fully laced) and also wear a haidate, which is especially useful when mounted. They too have the smaller sode.
    The third tier will be the captain and officers. These have the same appearance of the second tier samurai, but have more extravagant features and a bigger sashimono, showing their personal clan mon instead of the faction's clan mon that they're fighting for
    The fourth tier will be the family members/named characters. They will have a variety of appearances (mostly modern) but feature an o-sode (big shoulder armour) instead of the smaller sode variant.
    The fifth tier will be the faction heir and faction leader. They can have unique models. Their generic variants will have a more traditional appearance with scale armour, tradional helmet with a wide antler crest and featuring a o-sode and a war fan.
    I'm not sure if I will include a jinbaori, but I will surely test this and if it works I will use it for named characters.
    Last edited by Razor; September 03, 2021 at 03:40 AM.

Default Re: Suggestions

The top suggestions are Japanese siege maps, fitting general models, and a special unit for all the factions.