Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Colonialsm 1600AD: expanded edition (SEARCHING FOR HELP)

Libertus

Default Re: Colonialsm 1600AD: expanded edition (SEARCHING FOR HELP)

That's great news!

But now I was able to pass the turn, but at the end of the turn, before being able to play again, the game crashed to desktop.

Don't know about this and how to fix, sorry. But i would recommend not to play the campaign, but test battles (both land and naval), technologies and balance, before i reupload new version. And write any suggestions or remarks, because i can't check all problems alone.

Libertus

Ok, I'll wait for the new version. And thanks for the quick replies.

Libertus

Btw, this end of the turn CTD happened with Spain. I tried to replicate it with the United Provinces and England and nothing happened, the turn was passed normally. So it's probably related with some Spanish script.

Libertus

Btw, this end of the turn CTD happened with Spain. I tried to replicate it with the United Provinces and England and nothing happened, the turn as passed normally. So it's probably related with some Spanish script.

Could you tell about this CTS in more detail? Which year, what exactly caused?

Libertus

First turn and I don't know what is causing it. I tried several decisions (diplo, building, scripts, etc) but when I try to pass the turn and the end I always get a CTD. Also, if I try to do the battle in Brussels I also get a CTD when loading the battle.

Interesting. Try to go into data/campaigns/main/scripting and put "false" instead of "true" near some scripts, especially RebellionsScript, SomeBrainsToAI, TradeShipsScript, DeseaseScript . If it don't work, put "false" at all scripts and check.

Libertus

After changing the DeaseseScript to false I managed to pass the turn without any problems. But I tried to make a battle and got a CTD during the loading screen, so it's a different issue.

You attacked Netherlands or what? Because Brussels is spanish.

Libertus

Yes, I attacked the Netherlands outside Brussels. The CTD does not look related to the city.

Honestly, i don't know what caused CTD, because i made several battles both for Netherlands and Spain near Brussels and everything was okay. Maybe you didn't install all correct?

Libertus

When I installed the mod I used the 'additional content' but was not able to find the bigger 'user.empire_script' that you mentioned, so I added the mods from the additional content to the original user.empire_script. Maybe the error is there.

Where is the bigger user.empire_script that you mention? Or what mods should I activate from the additional content?

As i understand, mods from the Additional content don't need to be added in user.empire_script, but if they are there, they may not cause CTD. I think, that the reason for the CTD before battle is RC_30_units_stacks_ETW_pack. It makes deployment zones bigger for the 30+ units stacks, so there can be some problems when game try to load a battlefield.

Libertus

I tried to delete the RC_30_units_stacks_ETW_pack and the CTD continued. I'll wait for your new release, and then I'll make a clean install of the game and mod.

This mod is remarkable and definitely deserves more attention. By simply incorporating the historical event of the uprising of 1618 in Bohemia against the Habsburgs. Geronimo never succeeded in this direction.

I've updated my mod, main thread will be here: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...0#post16009140

Is this still alive and kicking????

I both said, and left the mod years ago when it became apparent that Geronimo was a model maker, and had no interest in the gameplay side of things. Empire is still the best TW inho, CA have always missed this era which is somewhat staggering considering it created both the first world war and the most destructive. The models in this mod are amazing and with the correct amount of love this could be the very best mod for ETW.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12