Thread: Hidden Resource CTD

Icon8 Hidden Resource CTD

Does anyone know where the resource DB is located? The game crashes and says that the hidden resource is found in the resource db file. I haven't had this issue until today.

Default Re: Hidden Resource CTD

Hidden Resources have to be assigned to their region in data/world/maps/base/descr_regions.txt, example Capua:

Code:
    Campania
        Capua
        romans_scipii
        roman_rebels
        198 13 174
        italy
    Note, that changes in descr_regions.txt affect the map and therefore you have to regenerate the map.rwm file (you have to have all the maps/base files in your modfolder even if you did not change there anything and you have to delete the map.rwm before starting the game)

Then you have to have them in data/descr_sm_resources.txt:

Code:
    "italy":
    {
    "subtype": "hidden",
    },

And in the end of course you have to make sure that when you reference them e.g. in the export_descr_buildings.txt, you have to write them correctly.
    Last edited by Ocyalos; February 04, 2022 at 02:12 AM.
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 4,6 Ghz AM4 | GPU: 2x NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060Ti Gainward Ghost OC 8GB GDRR6 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 3600 Mhz C18 16 GB | SSD: PNY XLR8 CS3030 4TB M.2 NVMe 3 GB/s | PSU: be quiet! Straight Power 11 Platinum 550 Watt | MB: Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming WiFi | Case: be quiet! Silent Base 801 Silver

Long: New York Stock Exchange: MO, XOM, AAL, AMZN, FB, MSFT, GOOGL, AMD, CRM | Wiener Börse: POST, BG, ADKO, UBS | London Stock Exchange: BP, BATS | Hong Kong Stock Exchange: 3988, 601318 | Euronext Paris: ORA, FP | Bolsa de Madrid: ELE | Coinbase: BTC
    Short: -

Quote Originally Posted by Ocyalos View Post
    Hidden Resources have to be assigned to their region in data/world/maps/base/descr_regions.txt, example Capua:

Code:
    Campania
        Capua
        romans_scipii
        roman_rebels
        198 13 174
        italy
    Note, that changes in descr_regions.txt affect the map and therefore you have to regenerate the map.rwm file (you have to have all the maps/base files in your modfolder even if you did not change there anything and you have to delete the map.rwm before starting the game)

Then you have to have them in data/descr_sm_resources.txt:

Code:
    "italy":
    {
    "subtype": "hidden",
    },

And in the end of course you have to make sure that when you reference them e.g. in the export_descr_buildings.txt, you have to write them correctly.
    I did enter the hidden resource into the regions text and it still says that it cannot be found despite being in the buildings file. I still can't find the resource file. However, when I entered the hidden resource for some of the regions, the game doesn't crash when I press the start campaign button. I attached the log
    Attached Files Attached Files

Attach your descr_regions.txt and your descr_sm_resources.txt pls
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 4,6 Ghz AM4 | GPU: 2x NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060Ti Gainward Ghost OC 8GB GDRR6 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 3600 Mhz C18 16 GB | SSD: PNY XLR8 CS3030 4TB M.2 NVMe 3 GB/s | PSU: be quiet! Straight Power 11 Platinum 550 Watt | MB: Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming WiFi | Case: be quiet! Silent Base 801 Silver

Long: New York Stock Exchange: MO, XOM, AAL, AMZN, FB, MSFT, GOOGL, AMD, CRM | Wiener Börse: POST, BG, ADKO, UBS | London Stock Exchange: BP, BATS | Hong Kong Stock Exchange: 3988, 601318 | Euronext Paris: ORA, FP | Bolsa de Madrid: ELE | Coinbase: BTC

That log has loads of clues to the issue you should investigate, remember the initialisation near the beginning can be as useful if not more useful than the final line:

Missing strings Warnings

Missing unit type string for barb_noble_cavalry_gaul
    Missing unit type string for barb_noble_cavalry_gaul_descr
    Missing unit type string for barb_noble_cavalry_gaul_descr_short
    Missing unit type string for pantodapoi_phalanx_upper_egypt_descr_short
    Missing unit type string for greek_heavy_cavalryaor_descr_short

Warnings in the AI Formations file

unit_class != UCL_NUM_CLASSES || unit_category != UC_NUM_CATEGORIES Failed
    Q:\Feral\Steam\Workshop\2720073057/data/descr_formations_ai.txt:44718
    Failed to find either a unit class or unit category. Provided: 'chariots'

m_class != UCL_NUM_CLASSES || m_category != UC_NUM_CATEGORIES Failed
    unit_class != UCL_NUM_CLASSES || unit_category != UC_NUM_CATEGORIES Failed
    Q:\Feral\Steam\Workshop\2720073057/data/descr_formations_ai.txt:61479
    Failed to find either a unit class or unit category. Provided: 'spear'

(and more duplicates)

Looks like your events file removed support for the senate not sure if you meant that

Can't find an entry for event trigger BecomeAedile

(multiple examples)

Looks like you haven't defined the campaign map correctly

FERAL_REGION_LIMIT_INCREASE_OR_ORIG(region_db.,REGION_DB:validate_pixel_colour(pixel_colour) Failed
    cannot find this pixel colour(19,147,64) in the region_db
    tried to initalise region with invalid colour (19, 147, 64)
    couldn't find rebel type() in rebel database
    couldn't find rebel type() in rebel database

Loads of these warnings

====

This last error looks like it's linked to defining the rebels (descr_rebel_factions.txt) and/o the generation of the map.rwm file. If it was working I would back out your changes and work out what you did. You could also delete the map.rwm file in the mod and have it regenerated. That might also work.

Finally I would look into the other warnings, some are not fatal immediately but they can cause stability errors. These warnings are usually the cause of crashes in the OG Rome as no-one knew they existed but could cause issues multiple turns in.

Hope this helps

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

didn´t look much into it, but it seems you add a non existent rebel faction in the descr_regions (roman_rebels) - so add them in the rebel pool + text files
    the aedil trigger is vanilla RR and can be ignored - those traits get transfered via script from the senate and don´t need triggers.

there´s also a new class in the edu called "Spear" and "chariots".
    change this into spearmen (or any other class defined like this ; class light, heavy, missile or spearmen)

These rebel faction "error" entries are false-positives, I also get a lot of them even though everything is correct. It doesnt have any effect or cause any crash.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocyalos View Post
    OMG! Ocyalos you are my saviour! I spent hours fighting with hidden resources and it turns out the only thing I was doing wrong was not having the entire /base files in my mod folder. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by YamCider View Post
    OMG! Ocyalos you are my saviour! I spent hours fighting with hidden resources and it turns out the only thing I was doing wrong was not having the entire /base files in my mod folder. Thanks!
    Yeah, I already wasted like 2 frustrating days with that problem where I did everything right but still no changes on the campaign map and I wanted to prevent anyone else to do that