Thread: Does patch5 only change groupformations.bin?

Icon5 Does patch5 only change groupformations.bin?

I've unpacked all .pack files and started adding them on top of each other in git to understand the logic of CA when they patched the game. And then I noticed the following. patch5 contains a lot of files including battleterrain, db, sounds_packed, ui, episodicscripting.lua and groupformations.bin. But judging by git output, the only thing it really changes in groupformations.bin!

1. Is that really so?
    2. Why is it so?
    3. Is it normal?

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Does patch5 only change groupformations.bin?

I think they made modifications in the main code of the game to reduce the crashes we had.
    You can say all you want about R2TW, but it was not like the burning train-wreck that ETW was upon release. The game was crushing every 2 hours.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Default Re: Does patch5 only change groupformations.bin?

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    I think they made modifications in the main code of the game to reduce the crashes we had.
    You can say all you want about R2TW, but it was not like the burning train-wreck that ETW was upon release. The game was crushing every 2 hours.
    Well, it's all kinda understandable, but why pack all those files duplicating the files from patch4? Couldn't they simply place groupformations.bin alone?