Thread: A Medieval Mod: 1191 build 2

Default A Medieval Mod: 1191 build 2

Main Features of the new build:
    -A new faction in the east, Volga Bulgaria. With 4 major settlements and a few minor custom fort settlements. Also all new units.
    -Novgorod has a new look, roughly 80% of the units are redone to offset the similarities they were with the Kyiv faction. Also added custom fort settlement Ladoga for them.
    -Venice has roughly 5 new units added to give a more unique style to them. Also added Canossa castle as a custom fort settlement.
    -High Era is now playable. The start date jumps to 1220 and the Mongols, Papal States are now a faction to choose from. This also speeds up the availability of new unit unlocks and slight changes to the campaign.
    -Finally fixed the ai wanting to stay in forts a tad too much. Also fixed the correct siege equipment for custom fort settlements. For example, you will not have a tower meant for a huge city being built for a small town. It's fixed.
    -Adjusted public order to be more forgiving just a tad may need a little more in the future. Definitely helps the ai.
    -Also adjusted Kyviv units slightly and added bow string animation to their archers.
    -Several map changes add many new custom fort settlements and city placement adjustments.
    -on to pictures, won't show Volga Bulgaria since there's already a preview of them.
    ========Novgorod=========

==========A few Venice===========

enjoy, feedback is always wanted.

enjoy the mod if you have any questions hit me up.

CREDITS
    special thanks to karaislam, Koultouras and Socal Infidel TGC, Matthaeus and Leif Eriskon and Pacco for any textures I used by mistake without giving credit in the past

--Huge thanks to the following for the concept ideas detailing from textures to models, scripts, music, and much more.
    SS team, Last Kingdom, Wotw, BC, Bellum Crusis, Deus Vult, Dbm, Third age, Magyar mod, Rusuchi, Kostic unit ideas and custom portraits, Sship, RBAI, Dots, WotN, Kings Banner, Sandy units, nikossiaz real shields, paleologos shield textures, Elvasat's shield textures Dolens awesome models and textures. I've reached out to all I can think of for permissions and either got or didnt receive a reply after weeks.

Heres a link to the mod

https://www.moddb.com/mods/a-medieval-mod
    Last edited by Curt2013; August 14, 2022 at 09:20 AM.

Default Re: New Version of the Mod Released here

Congrats! Looking forward to the mod! What did you use from Third Age?

I am reposting this here since this is a more recent thread.
    Hey I was wondering something. Are you planning on adding more forts by any chance? Could you explain how you did it? I believe warfare would be way more interesting. Supposedly, if I wanted to increase garrison slots for both cities and forts, how could I do it? Btw, compliments on your work. You did a fantastic job!

Quote Originally Posted by NotZaran5 View Post
    I am reposting this here since this is a more recent thread.
    Hey I was wondering something. Are you planning on adding more forts by any chance? Could you explain how you did it? I believe warfare would be way more interesting. Supposedly, if I wanted to increase garrison slots for both cities and forts, how could I do it? Btw, compliments on your work. You did a fantastic job!
    I usually add more with every major update so probably will. Garrison slots? you mean free upkeep units? or recruitment slots? Also if you have any modding experience and would like to help with scripting and text hit me up. Always looking for good ideas to that can be implemented into the mod as well. And thank you for the complelment glad you like it so far.

I like the campaign and map however I would like to point out what I see as a major flaw. The starting military capabilities of every faction are negligible. All factions start at the same level with very few units being recruitable. This however would be a very simple fix. Place the relevant buildings in some settlements. All factions in the mod at this point are very well established. There is a full on crusade going on actually. You need to provide the factions with their armies or I fear very few people would want to continue with the game. Oh and I am sorry for I have no experience with modding.

I like the campaign and map however I would like to point out what I see as a major flaw. The starting military capabilities of every faction are negligible. All factions start at the same level with very few units being recruitable. This however would be a very simple fix. Place the relevant buildings in some settlements. All factions in the mod at this point are very well established. There is a full on crusade going on actually. You need to provide the factions with their armies or I fear very few people would want to continue with the game. Oh and I am sorry for I have no experience with modding.
    Thanks for the feedback. I think I will update at least the castles with better starting buildings after reading your point of view and I tend to agree. I originally was going for a slow build up civ type style mod which it still is in a way but I think a few extra options in the beginning for castles would be good.

Another suggestion. Along with the extra options for the cities, give every faction atleast a few good/usable units to force the player to preserve their armies. It will also be helpful to have really long replenish times. Another mod did this. Makes the player reconsider throwing their forces around willy nilly.

Its already like that imo. I set cavalry and to long replenish as well as any type of dismounted knight/professional soldier. I'll have another look at it since it was done way back.

Default Re: A Medieval Mod: 1191 build 2

I am wondering if you are able to set limits to the recruitment of a single type of soldier. Suppose you can set limits to the number of knights recruitable from a single region. You make the upkeep very high but set the replenish rates and recruitment times to one turn and the recruit costs to be low too, wont it be a somewhat adequate representation of feudal levies? difficult to upkeep, need time to muster. Recruit limits were established in later games and even in empire. Don't know if its possible in med2 with the scripts and all but it is an interesting concept.

Maybe it might work somewhat like mercenary pools but that seems like a very troublesome task for every region. Every faction can have retinues and garrisons and only muster levies when they want to go to war. Of course this could just lead to troubles for the ai

Your mod looking awesome congrats and thanks for this gem. Do i have your permition to do a campaign vid or two for my YT channel? I will post the link for the mod of course? My channel is "Dim Val's Games"

Dim Val's Games - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Basil the Second View Post
    Your mod looking awesome congrats and thanks for this gem. Do i have your permition to do a campaign vid or two for my YT channel? I will post the link for the mod of course? My channel is "Dim Val's Games"

Dim Val's Games - YouTube
    Sure, that would be super cool and very kind of you. You may want to wait just a bit I have a pretty decent updated coming soon. Should be within the week which will contain many unit upgrades.

Maybe it might work somewhat like mercenary pools but that seems like a very troublesome task for every region. Every faction can have retinues and garrisons and only muster levies when they want to go to war. Of course this could just lead to troubles for the ai
    I actually tried briefly to script certain units available to certain factions through merc pool to help make the forts even more diverse. Couldn't think of a way to do it so gave up. I could use it based off religion and add more religions tho but wanted to work on other things 1st.

I do have a pretty cool script coming with new patch. Its like a pay for protection/extortion script. Certain factions with try to force there will on you and if you don't comply they may declare war and attack. It's interactive as well so gotta choose wisely.

bitterhowl's Avatar Campidoctor

Great project, great work! Keep on going!

My sister, do you still recall the blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?
    Russian warship is winning. Proofs needed? Go find yourself!

I want to congrats with you for your work, excellent and specific rework of moors roster - I had been a student of history and political muslim world, I love them.... expecially in a game like MED2 and mod.
    A tiny notes, in 1191 Almohads had been in power, the new caliphate had rised and would be correts use them instead Almoravid.

However it has a better graphics - Only I dont have understam the recruitment system building - that I think to take some inspiration to SSHIP... but improved very well!
    It would be nice if some roster would be implemented even in SSHIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattus View Post
    I want to congrats with you for your work, excellent and specific rework of moors roster - I had been a student of history and political muslim world, I love them.... expecially in a game like MED2 and mod.
    A tiny notes, in 1191 Almohads had been in power, the new caliphate had rised and would be correts use them instead Almoravid.

However it has a better graphics - Only I dont have understam the recruitment system building - that I think to take some inspiration to SSHIP... but improved very well!
    It would be nice if some roster would be implemented even in SSHIP.
    Thank you glad you like them, as far as recruitment system its based on religion and events. You need to have a certain religion in your region to recruit certain units as well as building / events. I'll be releasing the rest of the islam factions redo very soon.