Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: SSHIP v. 098 - archive of discussion during testing

Default Re: SSHIP_098 April 7th 2022 - for testing

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    I only did 25 laps with France on the 098 version of April 7.
    The result is currently very uncertain because the German Empire declared war on me at the same time as the English faction...

This week I will be away. I may come back to this campaign later.

There is a strange phenomenon: a Castilian army goes back and forth between Orleans and Poitiers without attacking me. Wouldn't it be blocked by too narrow passages on the map ?
    I don't know but sometimes I also see the armies stuck, I think its some problem more general- something about the engine or pathfinding which I didn't change and have no idea about unfortunately..

ignore
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IA.png  
    Last edited by hlidskjalf; August 17, 2022 at 04:12 PM.

I give up. The AI unit spam is obscene.

How would I go about editing the mod to re-enable forts?

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaku View Post
    I give up. The AI unit spam is obscene.
    How would I go about editing the mod to re-enable forts?
    Upload a save, pls, it will help us.
    I've actually re-coded a large part of recruitment, but it'd be good to have a look for comparison.
    I have no idea how to re-enable forts, I'd actually be useful to learn it. There's a lot of arguments against them, but I think it could be considered at prohibitive price.

@hlidskjalf - I have no idea what you mean.

Gaku, if you look at the file descr_campaign_db.xml there is a line:

<can_build_forts bool="false"/>

Just change the false to true and that's it. They are very expensive though by default 20k. To change the price I don't know - may be more complicated.

BTW I fixed (hope so) the vassal problem, surprisingly vassals are not considered ally by the descr_campaign_ai so there is a need to deal with it in a different way. Here is the fix if you want it: https://www.mediafire.com/file/g40ev...ai_db.xml/file

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Upload a save, pls, it will help us.
    I've actually re-coded a large part of recruitment, but it'd be good to have a look for comparison.
    I'm not sure it would show you anything. It's not the state of the world that's the issue. It's the progression from turn to turn. a full stack invades. there's another right behind it. there's another right behind it. then come two half stacks the following turn. then another full stack. Meanwhile I've gotta wait 15 turns or some BS to recruit the only melee unit available in the settlement, having to babysit units back and forth because of the 1000 florin BS fee for moving a unit without a general, which further tanks income because of general-less settlements, and slowly getting whittled down. and then the second that war ends, here's two more, with full stacks on turn one, full stacks on turn two, etc.

The only way to control access is to either pay the BS fee of 1000 florins per turn each to park a unit at the choke points, or sacrifice a general to do nothing but sit there (which becomes despondent/useless).

Quote Originally Posted by Macaras View Post
    Gaku, if you look at the file descr_campaign_db.xml there is a line:

<can_build_forts bool="false"/>

Just change the false to true and that's it. They are very expensive though by default 20k. To change the price I don't know - may be more complicated.

BTW I fixed (hope so) the vassal problem, surprisingly vassals are not considered ally by the descr_campaign_ai so there is a need to deal with it in a different way. Here is the fix if you want it: https://www.mediafire.com/file/g40ev...ai_db.xml/file
    20,000 florins would probably be worth it if it allowed you to completely block enemy access through a choke point. It's stupid that I can't keep my enemies who haven't declared war yet from parading around in my territory.

Thank you. I'm going to be taking a break from this game for a while though.

Ok, thanks anyway for spotting the error with vassalage.

I got around to trying the update for vassalage. I don't think it's working. Here, Serbia was vassalized by Sicily and then immediately declared upon again. The "war" message is up above the scroll and can't be seen in the screenshot, but I think you get the idea.

Gaku, please send a sav ? I will look into it.

When extracting the 0.98 SSHIP version into the mods folder, do i need it to overwrite the SS.6.3 folder? Or does it have it's own standalone folder? Because when i extract it into mods fold as it is, i cannot find an executable or application to run the mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Spatha93 View Post
    When extracting the 0.98 SSHIP version into the mods folder, do i need it to overwrite the SS.6.3 folder? Or does it have it's own standalone folder? Because when i extract it into mods fold as it is, i cannot find an executable or application to run the mod.
    it's standalone, and there's also file to run the mod: SSHIP 098 launcher.bat

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    it's standalone, and there's also file to run the mod: SSHIP 098 launcher.bat
    Yes i found it thanks. However, when i try to run the bat fil it says ''kingdoms could not be found''?

Yes i found it thanks. However, when i try to run the bat fil it says ''kingdoms could not be found''?
    the bat says:
    @echo off
    title Gig's Launcher
    cd ..\..
    IF EXIST kingdoms.exe (start /affinity 1 /high kingdoms.exe @%0\..\configuration.cfg) ELSE (
    IF EXIST medieval2.exe (start /affinity 1 /high medieval2.exe @%0\..\configuration.cfg) ELSE (
    echo.
    echo ERROR: Cannot find the M2TW or Kingdoms executable.
    echo You probably installed SSHIP into the wrong folder.
    echo.
    pause
    )
    )
    I'd guess your config file doesn't allow for the mod or there's some other problem. Or some antivirus prevents from accessing the file. Or Steam overruns something (I use Steam, it I'd think it's your local setting, not the Steam itself). You need to work on it yourself, sorry.

Strange

I forgot to mention i'm on Steam. Does that affect it?

it shouldn't.
    but I recall that installing outside the Program Files folder helps with something.

Can you give me the path your launcher is in? Right-click on it and go to properties.

Sent from my FP2 using Tapatalk
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

C:/Games/steamapps/common/Medieval II Total War/mods/SSHIP_098

I had an extra SHHIP folder when i extracted for some reason, so i deleted that, and tried running the bat file again. Now it just loads up regular Med 2 when i do so.
    Last edited by Spatha93; August 23, 2022 at 02:35 PM.

I've finally got it working after some tinkering around. 1 thing I've noticed though is that Retinue Longbowmen don't actually have Longbows, just ordinary short bows. When i compare them to Yeoman Longbows, their bows are actually Longbows and much longer then the Retinue Longbowmen?

Is it a feature or a bug that the AI factions completely ignore rebel armies? They'll attack the settlements, sure, but they'll leave the rebel armies outside the settlements alone, and it basically acts like a buffer/disincentive for me to expand in that direction since I'll have to fight two armies.

I've played other M2TW where AI factions make it imperative to take out any local rebel units since it affects income through devastation and interrupting trade, so are the extra effects of rebels not a feature in this mod?