Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526

Thread: SSHIP v. 098 - archive of discussion during testing

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: [DOWNLOAD] SSHIP 0.98 version 2022/09/08

Quote Originally Posted by yoba99 View Post
    okay, maybe i got it wrong, thanks for the answer.
    now if anyone would kindly point me to how general titles/ancillaries/stuff works (or at least if there is copy of all ingame guides to reread without replaying campaign) would be greatly appreciated .
    well, you may be interested in:
    the crowns
    ministerial offices
    provincial offices
    books
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

opaxite's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: SSHIP_098 April 7th 2022 - for testing

I just wanted to say thanks for all the incredible work to the mod authors. Medieval 2 has always been my favourite game for its atmosphere, but the mechanics you've introduced and how you've rebalanced the game is like a dream come true. Especially in love with the recruiting system and with the provincial titles, but also with how characters develop. Compared to artificial mechanics in Rome 2 where you just pick a general's specialization, in SSHIP it feels completely natural and immersive. I can't believe you've managed to give such depth to a 16 year old game.

Can't wait for my king to be crowned and for assigning ministerial offices!

Libertus

Still playing with the april version (sicilly 1305, shall update soon)
    My save: https://mega.nz/folder/Yhxiya4L#ycTwWiRFw7fVLQRxLd8UrA

For me, the mod is almost complete regarding the campaign aspect of it: most of the faction seems to survive more than 200 turns, my remarks concern the models and textures of units and the overall "battle" aspect

1) As I said before the muslim faction does not have the same amont of details compared to the western one, the models provided by broken cresent are good and historically accurate but they lack in details and are little bit weird (some of the muslim cavalry men have strange shaped arms for exemple), my advice would be to enchance the existing models with more details.
    2) The late era units (like gendarme or pikemen) have vanilla like models and textures, they could be improved by having a deal with the modding team behind Tsardom total war, they have one of the best units skin overall concerning the italians, serbs, hungarians and turks (14th/15th and 16th century included).
    3) Also the mod doesn't use at full capacity the skin mechanics used by med2: the upgraded norman knight don't have new skin reflecting the evolution between mail and brigandine. Most of the units skin are centered toward the 13th century.
    4) Does the mod have a discord for more fluid conversation concerning it ?

Quote Originally Posted by JB59114 View Post
    Still playing with the april version (sicilly 1305, shall update soon)
    My save: https://mega.nz/folder/Yhxiya4L#ycTwWiRFw7fVLQRxLd8UrA

For me, the mod is almost complete regarding the campaign aspect of it: most of the faction seems to survive more than 200 turns, my remarks concern the models and textures of units and the overall "battle" aspect

1) As I said before the muslim faction does not have the same amont of details compared to the western one, the models provided by broken cresent are good and historically accurate but they lack in details and are little bit weird (some of the muslim cavalry men have strange shaped arms for exemple), my advice would be to enchance the existing models with more details.
    2) The late era units (like gendarme or pikemen) have vanilla like models and textures, they could be improved by having a deal with the modding team behind Tsardom total war, they have one of the best units skin overall concerning the italians, serbs, hungarians and turks (14th/15th and 16th century included).
    3) Also the mod doesn't use at full capacity the skin mechanics used by med2: the upgraded norman knight don't have new skin reflecting the evolution between mail and brigandine. Most of the units skin are centered toward the 13th century.
    4) Does the mod have a discord for more fluid conversation concerning it ?
    ad 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    In my opinion, we've got too little activity to be in need to communicate with Discord. There're not so many questions. TWC is enough for me. And everything you put on the TWC has a potential to have a long life, while on discord it goes into oblivion very soon. TWC is actually also more open to everybody - you don't need to join, you just see it in the internet. All in all, me, I'm not going to be active there.
    JoC
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Year 1210 and I cant build archers as British? I understand Longbows come later, but I cant build normal archers, I could before in this campaign, now I cannot, just "hunters" and levy archers, no normal European archers?

Is this a bug?

Quote Originally Posted by MuppetGank View Post
    Year 1210 and I cant build archers as British? I understand Longbows come later, but I cant build normal archers, I could before in this campaign, now I cannot, just "hunters" and levy archers, no normal European archers?

Is this a bug?
    It's inheritance from SS or previous version of the SSHIP. We haven't reviewed fully the progression of archers, so it stays as it was created before.

Is this a bug?
    Ok so I deleted SSHIP folder, and reinstalled the new version released this week, loaded the saved game, and archers are back, I think my game was bugged.
    I also noticed a lot of different new model units, these are all new?

I install this mod by deleting crusades mod folder, and replacing it with SSHIP stand alone mod folder, and rename the folder to "crusades", and launch game via steam, "Crusades" expansion. Is this a viable way for installation?

https://ibb.co/rvmB08Z

Does this roster look corrected? is axe millitia suppose to be there? All these unit models are new to me as of this week.

https://ibb.co/rvmB08Z
    Does this roster look corrected? is axe millitia suppose to be there? All these unit models are new to me as of this week.
    It does. Although the maximum numbers in case of the Spearmen look as if they're not nerfed yet. This is what you can recruit in a castle, right?

Ok so I deleted SSHIP folder, and reinstalled the new version released this week, loaded the saved game, and archers are back, I think my game was bugged.
    I also noticed a lot of different new model units, these are all new?
    I install this mod by deleting crusades mod folder, and replacing it with SSHIP stand alone mod folder, and rename the folder to "crusades", and launch game via steam, "Crusades" expansion. Is this a viable way for installation
    I don't know if this is a correct installation, it may be (iirc, FATW was installed in RTW in a similar way, or that Irish mod for Med2). I'm running my copies in a different way.

By "new model units' you may the icons appearing in the campaign, right? Because I don't think the models in the battles were changed recently much.

Your installation method works, but there is no need for it: just drop the SSHIP_098 folder in /mods/ and launch the game using the .bat file!
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    It does. Although the maximum numbers in case of the Spearmen look as if they're not nerfed yet. This is what you can recruit in a castle, right?

Yes, this is old save game with new patch.

I don't know if this is a correct installation, it may be (iirc, FATW was installed in RTW in a similar way, or that Irish mod for Med2). I'm running my copies in a different way.

By "new model units' you may the icons appearing in the campaign, right? Because I don't think the models in the battles were changed recently much.
    Yes, British roster very different, The vanilla axe millita icon is still on British roster.