Thread: Can Someone Make A New Version Of THERA? Based on THERA REDUX?

Bellus88's Avatar Ducenarius

Icon5 Can Someone Make A New Version Of THERA? Based on THERA REDUX?

It would be nice if someone could make a new THERA that has more unit face cards and no duplicates ever appearing, THERA Redux added more General/Gov face cards for General Units but duplicates still appear, they added real life faces which I think is taken from TV show's and other media in addition to having the ones from THERA V4 itself. Would also be great if more diverse architecture by faction was added for new settlement layouts, like make the Roman faction look more Roman architecture wise along with making other Faction Cultures having more unique cities. It should also be scripted better since THERA REDUX wasn't scripted so well, right now in my campaign which I think is on Hard campaign difficulty and Hard or VH for battle difficulty, the Uruk Dominion just won't attack me anymore and the Tahar Caliphate won't attack me either out of the regions I conquered from them, it seems like the AI just won't attack a settlement that has a huge powerful army, I have a garrison of various Legionaire types, 1 Fire flame thrower Pratorian unit and a bunch of Minotaurs and Tahar won't attack it at all. I was thinking perhaps this is because my campaign AI is on Hard instead of VH.

It would also be nice if the Priests of Castillo could be added back to the Dominion faction instead of remaining with some Rebel Factions in the Dominions region.

This is from the THERA REDUX text file. Would be nice if someone could make a THERA REDUX 2 improved over THERA REDUX, I don't think they creator would mind since he used assets from other mods anyway. I like THERA REDUX more than THERA V4 due to the added units.

""I HIGHLY recommend "Normal/Normal" difficulty settings for campaign and battle settings
    - v.high campaign difficulty just makes the AI senseless and completley ruins diplomacy
    - v.high battle difficulty just makes ALL AI units unbreakable, pointless

Normal or Hard battle and Normal campaign is the proper way to play this mod.
    I also recommend NORMAL SIZE for units.
    Units were balanced with Normal size in mind AND the AI is better at controlling them."
    "

https://www.moddb.com/mods/thera-redux
    Last edited by Bellus88; September 15, 2022 at 03:21 PM.

Bellus88's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: Can Someone Make A New Version Of THERA? Based on THERA REDUX?

An update to my campaign, I used a save game editor and changed the campaign difficulty to VH. The Uruk Dominion eventually conquered Xenatas for me and the Tahar Caliphate declared a Jihad and conquered a region I took from them but both factions are still very slow with attacking a region I have significant defenses in.

I like THERA:REDUX more because I like the units more for the Roman Faction and the Blood Knights are significantly OP compared to THERA:V4 which is good, I think their fighting ability is similar to a 2 handed unit from the Empire in Warhammer lore wise, they would be able to take on those heavily armored big tall Chaos Knights. New units in other factions are better to, the Paynal Empire is under a racial caste system where the top caste of Lizardmen rules their civilization.

It is still the most annoying campaign I have ever played because it is not scripted well, the Warriors of Kukulan kept reverting to rebel so I just pretended they had a rebellion where religious fanatics took over their civilization and in response the Paynal Empire conquered them.

The main problem is the Uruk Dominion (I'm playing the Roman Empire) keeps reverting to rebel after almost every single turn. I have to redo turns so many times to stop them from reverting to rebel, they have 3 armies camped outside of Hereclea occupying land near the capital city of that region, sending 1 legionary unit out for them to attack prevented them from reverting to rebel for 2 turns but now doing that doesn't work. I have to redo a turn 20+ times just to prevent the Uruk Dominion from reverting to rebel and even then there is no guarantee it will stop them from turning rebel, this is why I wanted a new THERA mod to be created based on THERA:REDUX but scripted better and with more unique settlements by culture. I don't think anyone will make one, THERA seems to be mostly dead.