Page 22 of 45 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: SSHIP ver. 0.98 - April 25th, 2024 - DOWNLOAD HERE

Default Re: [DOWNLOAD] SSHIP 0.98 ver. September 8th, 2022

Hello Jurand,
    here is the upload of my save: https://mega.nz/file/ijxG2IwA#_JW6bF...m4p8QzLGv0rRUc
    Poland h/h, Turn 64. 6 empty seats at cardinals college, because cardinals start to die and are not replaced. Also, as far as I can see, the only possibility to recruit a diplomat as Poland is the theologican guild. Otherwise everything was very fine. I now will take the challlenge an start a vh/vh-Campaign with Poland. Hopefully I survive and can report.
    Hello Macaras, I start over with unchanged files regarding the Priests. If you have some advice, what I exactly should change, please tell me and I'll test.
    Best regards QK

Just a minor bug I encountered in may 2023 version, Konungahela raided event happens a lot, every couple of turns. Fresh install ofc.

Also I noticed some other - for example Erik den Heilige, Baltics Crossbows and there are more that I don't remember now

Glad to see the May version available for testing!

Are siege towers supposed to burn quite easily? I have tested a few battles, and a single AI hunters unit can burn my siege tower in almost every battle with flaming arrows. If it's intended, I guess it makes ladders a necessity in sieges to quickly man the wall against enemy archers whilst heavier troops are pushing the siege tower to the walls.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Waluk View Post
    Just a minor bug I encountered in may 2023 version, Konungahela raided event happens a lot, every couple of turns. Fresh install ofc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaras View Post
    Also I noticed some other - for example Erik den Heilige, Baltics Crossbows and there are more that I don't remember now
    Yes, there are indeed problems of a few events that are either visible for everybody while they should not be (Baqt), or they're recurrent (Konungahella etc.). I'll have to fix it - it was my faul as I wanted to make them zooming in to the event and I'd done it in a wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by vovery View Post
    Glad to see the May version available for testing!
    Are siege towers supposed to burn quite easily? I have tested a few battles, and a single AI hunters unit can burn my siege tower in almost every battle with flaming arrows. If it's intended, I guess it makes ladders a necessity in sieges to quickly man the wall against enemy archers whilst heavier troops are pushing the siege tower to the walls.
    Afaik, nobody touched this part of the mod, so the situation is exactly the same as it was before.

Quote Originally Posted by QKuhlmann View Post
    Hello Jurand,
    here is the upload of my save: https://mega.nz/file/ijxG2IwA#_JW6bF...m4p8QzLGv0rRUc
    Poland h/h, Turn 64. 6 empty seats at cardinals college, because cardinals start to die and are not replaced. Also, as far as I can see, the only possibility to recruit a diplomat as Poland is the theologican guild. Otherwise everything was very fine. I now will take the challlenge an start a vh/vh-Campaign with Poland. Hopefully I survive and can report.
    Hello Macaras, I start over with unchanged files regarding the Priests. If you have some advice, what I exactly should change, please tell me and I'll test.
    Best regards QK
    Yeah, we need to solve this issue indeed.
    A diplomat in Poland you should get from St. Adalbertus in Poznan.
    wonder_poznan_gniezno2_rotunda requires event_counter dummy 1 or not event_counter OSTSIEDLUNG 1 and factions { northern_european, poland, hungary, southern_european, } and event_counter faction_turn_catholic 1 and hidden_resource poland and hidden_resource unique1 and building_present_min_level builders builders1 {
    capability
    {
    law_bonus bonus 1 requires factions { northern_european, hungary, poland, kievan_rus, russia, southern_european, greek, }
    law_bonus bonus -1 requires factions { middle_eastern, lithuania, cumans, } and not event_counter is_the_player 1

religion_level bonus 1 requires factions { northern_european, hungary, poland, southern_european, }
    religion_level bonus -1 requires factions { middle_eastern, lithuania, cumans, greek, kievan_rus, russia, } and event_counter is_the_player 1

trade_base_income_bonus bonus 1

;-Diplomat recruitment (unique building)
    agent diplomat 0
    agent_limit diplomat 1

;-Bonus for AI
    law_bonus bonus 1 requires event_counter ai_level_easy 1
    law_bonus bonus 2 requires event_counter ai_level_medium 1
    law_bonus bonus 3 requires event_counter ai_level_hard 1
    law_bonus bonus 4 requires event_counter ai_level_veryhard 1

;-copied from landowners2

recruit_pool "Polish Nobles" 0 0.04 0 0 requires factions { poland, } and region_religion catholic 25 and not event_counter POLAND3_FIRST_TOURNEY 1
    recruit_pool "Polish Nobles" 0 0.03 0 0 requires factions { poland, } and region_religion catholic 25 and event_counter POLAND3_FIRST_TOURNEY 1 and not event_counter POLAND5_COUNCIL_OF_LECZYCA 1

recruit_pool "Dismounted Polish Nobles" 0 0.04 0 0 requires factions { poland, } and region_religion catholic 25 and not event_counter POLAND3_FIRST_TOURNEY 1
    recruit_pool "Dismounted Polish Nobles" 0 0.03 0 0 requires factions { poland, } and region_religion catholic 25 and event_counter POLAND3_FIRST_TOURNEY 1 and not event_counter POLAND5_COUNCIL_OF_LECZYCA 1

;---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ; UPKEEP/INCOME
    income_bonus bonus -100 requires factions { northern_european, southern_european, poland, hungary, } and not event_counter is_the_player 1
    }
    material stone
    construction 3
    cost 3000
    settlement_min town
    upgrades
    {
    wonder_poznan_gniezno3_romanic
    wonder_poznan_gniezno4_gothic
    }
    }

Libertus

England VH/H turn 75.
    Noticed that the wealth generated by merchants has been drastically reduced, in my sicillian campaign back in September I could make 10k per turn in Tuscany with a maxed out marchant.
    Now with the same ressources I can barely reach 600.
    Also In my current campaign there was a dozen norwegian generals called "Brusilev the bloody".
    Encountered the cardinal bug during my playthroug, back in the September vesion I could recruit priest for every provinces I had and there was no cardinal bug

Quote Originally Posted by JB59114 View Post
    England VH/H turn 75.
    Noticed that the wealth generated by merchants has been drastically reduced, in my sicillian campaign back in September I could make 10k per turn in Tuscany with a maxed out marchant.
    Also In my current campaign there was a dozen norwegian generals called "Brusilev the bloody".
    Encountered the cardinal bug during my playthroug, back in the September vesion I could recruit priest for every provinces I had and there was no cardinal bug
    Upload a save at the later stage ;-)
    Merchants - ok, we'll check in the next version another number (you may change it yourself in the descr_campaign_db:
    <merchants>
    <base_income_modifier float="1.5"/> <!-- multiplier of the base price of a resource, SSHIP098: 1.8 was too much, 1.0 too little -->
    <trade_bonus_offset float="4.5"/> <!-- distance effect: 1.0 makes a far-away resource the same value as a resource next to capital: SSHIP098: 6.0 too much, 3.0 too little -->
    </merchants>
    Bursilev - error in code for Kuninghalla event, fixed.
    Priest - yeah, thats the feature-bug of the current version, we'll try to fix it B-)

Erik fixed
    Crossbows fixed - as an example:
    it was:
    if I_EventCounter OSTSIEDLUNG > 0 ; Baltic Crossbowmen available from Hanseatic buildings
    and RandomPercent < 5
    historic_event OSTSIEDLUNG_CROSSBOWMEN factions { poland, hre, france, england, norway, denmark, hungary, lithuania, kievan_rus, russia, }
    end_if
    now it is:
    ; Baltic Crossbowmen available from Hanseatic buildings:
    if not I_EventCounter OSTSIEDLUNG_CROSSBOWMEN == 1
    and I_EventCounter OSTSIEDLUNG == 1
    and RandomPercent < 5
    historic_event OSTSIEDLUNG_CROSSBOWMEN factions { poland, hre, france, england, norway, denmark, hungary, lithuania, kievan_rus, russia, }
    end_if
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; May 14, 2023 at 11:37 AM.

Here is a feedback to a campaign with Poland vh/vh turn 83: Upload here: https://mega.nz/file/HrJ32LxB#A4qIix...piuZLzx7YovxwE

Overall it was very challenging and fun. Around turn 60, a well organized full invasion from Denmark brought me near doom. It took me by surprise, lost Warzawa and Gdansk at one point with three important family members trapped inside. Got one scripted army with a crazy warlike general that basically saved the kingdom. It took about three years to reconquer the lost provinces and it was very close, also with the money going deep into the red and several rebel armies emerging and trying to take advantage of the chaos. Also a temporary excommunication. Now I am almost back to normal but this war hurt me seriously, mostly because of the lost family members. Also, you need a quite healthy economy to survive this. Also, Hungary attacked later and now Lithuania tries again, but this seems to be manageable.

Army upkeep mechanics on vh: They work and add more challenge. You have to be prepared better and the decision to wage war is harder to take. Good!

Diplomacy mechanics on vh: There is a point system with with reputation-penalties for aggressive explained in a popup-window. I like that too but could not find a possibility to look at my standings. It would be good to have a king's trait to add more transparency. Could not restore my reputation from "dubious" though.

Diplomat: Was indeed recrutable in Poznan in the unique religious building. Thank you for the information.

Army-composition: Is much better, because lesser feudal units than in the September version.

Priests-Issue: As reported by other users it is not solved and the cardinal college is nearly empty at turn 83. Only one cardinal got replaced after turn 40. Also, my bishop is not elected, maybe because he has not enough piety.

Also, being not used to play vh battles I have to remind myself to be careful especially with young family members, who get killed much more easily than on hard.

Best regards QK

England VH/H turn 75.
    JB59114, the merchants I think bring less income because there was a problem of too much money in the late game. Another thing is that probably you made 10k in the past much later than turn 75. If you wait a 100 or 200 turns you will see that it's not a problem to get 1,2 thousand or more also now.

QK - I played recently a Polish campaign and I think the most difficult moment is around 100-150 turns, you may be attacked by everybody if you are not careful and very reliable and have decent relations with your allies. I made a mistake and took over Halych, which lowered my rep to reliable in the wrong moment when most of my neighbors were at peace with everybody. I was attacked immediately by Germans, Denmark and Kiev, with Lithuanian and Novgorod sending stacks close to my border.. Anyway, I gave some money to HRE for peace, lost two cities to denmark, but one reconquered immediately, and the war with Kiev took long time. Lithuanians were my allies so when my rep went to very reliable they didn't attack me, but attacked Novgorod (probably just to do something with their army) so I was saved. But at one moment I thought I am going to lose 5 cities.
    It is good also to have an alliance with the Pope and very good relations, because then when you are attacked from the west, the Pope almost immediately orders them to ceasefire. Even the HRE agrees for peace 100% in that case.
    Last edited by Macaras; May 14, 2023 at 06:46 PM.

My experience playing as Pisa VH/VH, both in the September version and the current Mauy version, has been that the HRE is often but not always quite happy to keep fighting when facing excommunication.

I have also observed that the AI does not like to gang up on AI HRE, even when the HRE is excommunicated. My guess is this is due to the HRE being so powerful none of their neighbors are willing to attack them, and this allows the HRE to happily eat away at their neighbors without trouble, especially France who as AI I have noticed consistently fares very poorly against the HRE and England. The same seems to be true for the Byzantines, but at least they have the mongols to worry about eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmalk View Post
    My experience playing as Pisa VH/VH, both in the September version and the current Mauy version, has been that the HRE is often but not always quite happy to keep fighting when facing excommunication.

I have also observed that the AI does not like to gang up on AI HRE, even when the HRE is excommunicated. My guess is this is due to the HRE being so powerful none of their neighbors are willing to attack them, and this allows the HRE to happily eat away at their neighbors without trouble, especially France who as AI I have noticed consistently fares very poorly against the HRE and England. The same seems to be true for the Byzantines, but at least they have the mongols to worry about eventually.
    Thanks! Upload a save from Pisa campaign, it's one of the factions I don't have here in the list ;-)

True, except that there is a rule in descr_campaign_ai_db that tells any faction that received ceasefire mission from the Pope to agree for peace with human. So they continue war most of the time unless somebody asks them for peace. I was testing it many times, I think it works every time.. The thing is that human doesn't know when they receive the ceasefire orders (unless checks the log), so the only way to benefit from this is asking for peace every turn, hoping that the Pope intervened. Regarding AI fight between themselves, truly many times they fight even when excommunicated, I tried to get rid of excommunications, but I only managed to lowered its frequency, not to eliminate it completely.

True, except that there is a rule in descr_campaign_ai_db that tells any faction that received ceasefire mission from the Pope to agree for peace with human. So they continue war most of the time unless somebody asks them for peace. I was testing it many times, I think it works every time.. The thing is that human doesn't know when they receive the ceasefire orders (unless checks the log), so the only way to benefit from this is asking for peace every turn, hoping that the Pope intervened. Regarding AI fight between themselves, truly many times they fight even when excommunicated, I tried to get rid of excommunications, but I only managed to lowered its frequency, not to eliminate it completely.
    This deserves a pop-out window in the mod! Can you draft it ?
    {INFO_DIPLOMACY_HINT1_BODY}....
    {INFO_DIPLOMACY_HINT1_TITLE}How to end an unwanted war?

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Upload a save at the later stage ;-)
    Bursilev - error in code for Kuninghalla event, fixed.
    I don't suppose it's possible for the player to easily fix this event in an ongoing save? I don't mind the event window appearing on each turn, but I didn't realise it always also spawns the general for Norway until reading it from here

Quote Originally Posted by vovery View Post
    I don't suppose it's possible for the player to easily fix this event in an ongoing save? I don't mind the event window appearing on each turn, but I didn't realise it always also spawns the general for Norway until reading it from here
    Unfortunately, it's not. The engine reads script.txt at the beginning from the game and it's not possible to change it during the game. A new one is necessary :-(

Unfortunately, it's not. The engine reads script.txt at the beginning from the game and it's not possible to change it during the game. A new one is necessary :-(
    No worries :-) I don't think it affects Lithuania too much, maybe only by making Denmark more tied into Scandinavia by having a more competitive Norway bordering them. I'll upload my Lithuania save later once I get more turns in (currently at ~50), but so far having less heavy infantry & cavalry troops for AI factions is a very noticeable difference from the September version!

I'm expecting hard times in the future though, as taking Plock and Krakow from Poland made my reputation very untrustworthy. Still managed to get the weakened Poland agree to a truce (without paying any gold) after trying for many turns in a row. Perhaps them being at war with my ally Hungary (the AI proposed the alliance in early game) too made them agree to my peace offering after some time. Novgorod attacked me so far only once before my Polish conquests, but agreed to a peace soon after I had beaten them back from the Lithuanian lands. But if diplomacy is indeed heavily dependent on reputation, perhaps Poland and Novgorod will soon be knocking on my walls again, as they are allied with each other after all. In the mean time I'm focusing on improving my settlements, pacifying Plock and Krakow, and trying to slowly restore my reputation.

Pagan priests seem to be blockheads who can't do much at all, but this is acceptable with the old ways being suppressed from the East and the West by both Catholics and Orthodox.

Guys, in the first entry there's a new version (of May 17), with the reported errors fixed.

------------
    Guys The Testers,
    You've already provided some feedback on the issues that are of our (devs) interests, but I'd like to list the issues we're interested in you experience and opinions on:
    [A] Armies that emerge after a province is conquered (when you conquer - there'll be an AI army, while sometimes you'd be given an army when the AI conquers something);
    [B] The evolution of Notre Dame - have you seen it and when, were you able to build other stuff after it happened?
    [C] The evolution of the Latin universities - there are a few events related to it
    [D] Special uprisings - have you seen them (eg in Vienna)
    [E] Regional buildings evolution (Hansa, Norman Stronholds, Rus Monasteries, Palazzo) - have you experienced the progression? what do you think?
    [F] Relative abundance / deprivation of the the missile troops (archers / crossbows / horse archers) - this was a major change, I think.
    [G] The princesses - it the script working for you? How do you assess the number of them in-game? Do you marry them off or use as diplomats?
    [H] Supply traits and associated costs (and additional cost in general) - does it make any change to your game?
    [I] Traits: number of the battles / of years as governor - does you check it, or you'd consider it redundant?
    [J] Pictures: have you comments (specific/general) on the pictures that accompany the events?
    [K] How aggressive the AI is? Does it start the wars? How often? Are there many wars between the AI factions?
    [L] Have you seen the AI Faction Leaders with crowns?
    [M] Have you experienced problems with AI priests (no many of them) and with the college of cardinals?
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; May 18, 2023 at 03:34 AM.

Guys, in the first entry there's a new version (of May 17), with the reported errors fixed.

Hello Jurand, when do you expect work to begin on a Serbia revamp/finish? I am loving the mod by the way, thank you for all the good work so far.

How terrible it must be to face us; the sons of the wolf and the bear! Even now fear works in the bowels of our foes! I do not fight with a cool head today, I admit it. My eyes see only a red mist. I do not want them to run from battle, I want their heads on our pikes by evening! We go now to our bloody business!

Quote Originally Posted by keksimir View Post
    Hello Jurand, when do you expect work to begin on a Serbia revamp/finish? I am loving the mod by the way, thank you for all the good work so far.
    I'd say the work has begun as Serbia has now a unique building - Petrova Crkva
    I have also reviewed part of the recruitment. In the near future Serbia will get access to a few types of units (existing in game for other factions) - they've already been added by kostic, but I need to code it into recruitment.
    However, further modding will take place after another work, in particular the faction's evolution (although it may always happen that I'd get interests in Serbia due, eg, for a trip and visit of the country in RL ;-)

You may also help us drafting the Serbian events, for the moment we've got:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    {SERBIA_INITIAL_SUPPORT_TITLE}Money from the Believers!
    {SERBIA_INITIAL_SUPPORT_BODY}\n\nMy Lord! The loyal bishops of the Orthodox Church have collected funds to support your military efforts! Large number of golden coins has just arrived, you may see them in your treasury!\n\nNote that this is only a temporary relif: after you take a few settlements, the Orthodox clergy will be unwilling to pay for your glory.

{SERBIAN0_STARTING_INFO_BODY}\nThe principality of Raška, the first state to which Serbs attach a political identity, was created by Vlastimir in about 850. This state was centered on an area in what is now eastern Montenegro and southern Serbia known as Raška and extended over the valleys of the Piva, Tara, Lim, and Ibar rivers (or roughly between the Durmitor and Kopaonik mountain ranges). It was located in the Byzantine culture area and accepted distant supremacy of Constantinople for centuries. At times, it was under suzerainity of the Bulgarian khans.\nA stable and continuous state appeared in this area only under Stefan Nemanja in the middle of 12th century. Stefan assumed the throne of Raška in 1168, but he continued to acknowledge the supremacy of Byzantium until 1185. At that time he exploited the breakdown of the basileoi power and declared independence. In 1196, he abdicated in favour of his son Stefan (known as Prvovenčani, the “First-Crowned”), who in 1217 secured from Pope Honorius III the title of “king of Serbia, Dalmatia, and Bosnia.” Under the Nemanjić dynasty, which was to rule the Serb lands for the next 200 years, a powerful state emerged to dominate the entire Balkan Peninsula. It was based on the political vacuum in the area left by breakdown of Byzantium and limited power of Hungary and the Bulgarians, but also on the ability and administrative capacity of its rulers linked to the establishment of clerical structures of the increasingly independent church.
    {SERBIAN0_STARTING_INFO_TITLE}Serbia in the Middle Ages

{SERBIAN1_REFORMS_INFO_BODY}\n\nSerbian reforms are not fully implemented yet and the faction plays quite similar to how it was in SSHIP 0.92 or 0.97. A few new mechanisms are implemented and you will see them in game, they are usually triggered autonomously - in such a situation a pop-out window will inform you about their effects. However, you should bear in mind that Petrova Crkva in Ras is an essential building for the faction as it adds to the recruitment pools, allows recruiting diplomats and priests. It also allows your Faction Leader to be crowned what may be useful in the event he is eligible for crowning based on his deeds, no on the territory he rules (in this case, the faction owns also Constantinople, where any Orthodox ruler can be crowned).
    {SERBIAN1_REFORMS_INFO_TITLE}Serbian Reforms

{SERBIAN2_NEMANJA_STATE_BODY}\nNemanjić was the most prominent dynasty of Serbia in the Middle Ages. The princely, royal, and imperial house produced twelve Serbian monarchs, who ruled between 1166 and 1371. Its progenitor was Stefan Nemanja, scion of a cadet branch of the Vukanović dynasty (1101–1166). After Nemanja, all monarchs used Stefan as a personal name, or a ruler's name, a tradition adopted for the royal pretensions. The monarchs began as Grand Princes, and with the crowning of Stefan Nemanjić in 1217, the realm was promoted to a Kingdom, and the Serbian Orthodox Church was established in 1219. In 1346, Stefan Dušan was crowned Emperor of the Serbs and Greeks, and the Archbishopric of Serbia was elevated to a Patriarchate.\n\nGAME STRATEGY: A few game parameters will change into better. However, the conquest of even close provices will spark objections from the other factions and own people (ie aggressivitiy will increase).
    {SERBIAN2_NEMANJA_STATE_TITLE}Nemanja Dynasty

{SERBIAN3_SAINT_SAVA_BODY}\nSveti Sava was a Serbian prince and Orthodox monk, the first Archbishop of the autocephalous Serbian Church, the founder of Serbian law, and a diplomat. Born as Rastko Nemanjić, he was the youngest son of Serbian Grand Prince Stefan Nemanja. He ruled the appanage of Zachlumia in 1190–92, then he left for Mount Athos, where he became a monk with the name Sava (Sabbas). At Athos he established the monastery of Hilandar, which became one of the most important cultural and religious centres of the Serbian people. In 1219 the Patriarchate exiled in Nicea recognized him as the first Serbian Archbishop, and in the same year he authored the oldest known constitution of Serbia, the Zakonopravilo nomocanon, thus securing full independence; both religious and political. Sava is regarded as the founder of Serbian medieval literature. \n\nGAME STRATEGY:
    {SERBIAN3_SAINT_SAVA_TITLE}Saint Sava

{SERBIAN4_DUSAN_EMPIRE_BODY}\nIn second part of 13th century the primary frontier of Nemanjić expansion lay to the south. Power was seized and consolidated through opportunities offered by a weak Constantinople, and the kingdom extended its authority over an assortment of peoples. Skopje in Macedonia was taken in 1282 by Stefan Uroš II and became the Serb capital. Under the reign of Stefan Dušan (1331–55), the Nemanjić state reached its greatest extent, incorporating Thessaly, Epirus, Macedonia, all of modern Albania and Montenegro, a substantial part of eastern Bosnia, and modern Serbia as far north as the Danube. Dušan adopted the title of emperor at his coronation in Skopje in 1346 (later “emperor and autocrat of the Serbs, Greeks, Bulgarians, and Albanians”), but he is more commonly remembered by Serbs as Dušan Silni, or “Dušan the Mighty.” \n\nGAME STRATEGY:
    {SERBIAN4_DUSAN_EMPIRE_TITLE}Stefan Dusan Empire

{SERBIAN5_WESTERN_INFLUENCES_BODY}\n\n to be drafted.
    {SERBIAN5_WESTERN_INFLUENCES_TITLE}Influences of Western Military Culture in Serbia

{SERBIAN6_BRANKOVIC_LAST_STAND_BODY}\n\n to be drafted.
    {SERBIAN6_BRANKOVIC_LAST_STAND_TITLE}Brankovic Last Stand

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; May 18, 2023 at 02:28 AM.