Page 24 of 44 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: SSHIP ver. 0.98 - April 25th, 2024 - DOWNLOAD HERE

Default Re: [DOWNLOAD] SSHIP 0.98 ver. September 8th, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    1- The late campaign is not working at the moment
    2- You cannot choose to play the Teutonic order but units of this order should be recruitable in the second half of the 13th century. There will probably be some unit upgrades on this side, but that's not for a while
    3- Custom battles are playable with SSHIP. Both with the September release and with the May release. I don't know why it doesn't work for you. Maybe a bad installation?

I mean, I installed the game via steam and then added the 4gb patch, then just plopped the SSHIP folder into mods folder and started game via shortcut. I think the installation is foolproof unless I am braindamaged and forgot to do some crucial part? I havent really tried a manual battle in campaign yet...maybe it would crash as well.

As far as I am aware I don't have to do the method of renaming exe files or whatever it is that people needed to do in the past to play Stainless Steel properly after the steam patch ed it all up.

Edit: after I wrote this reply I went into the game and can apparently now play custom battles after all...I guess the game just needed a PC restart or something...? Anyways all good, thank you for the information on all the rest !
    Last edited by Frostelis; May 22, 2023 at 10:42 AM.

Hi Frostelis, I think the answer for you question is in the selection of the units you used for the custom battle. Please try to use the same settings and the same units as you did when the game crashed. And please let us now the result, because maybe some specific unit causes ctd and this type of error is very difficult to detect later in the campaign.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

@FlavioGalerio - I belive they are not bugged but there might be a problem with the cardinals appearing. I've played like 40 turns and the 3 cardinals who died were replaced by others, so maybe there's none anymore? Let's see

@Frosteli:
    neither Late nor High campaign.
    there'll be the Teutonic Order units appearing after some special events - and in the historical timeframe (early 13c.)
    iirc, the religion determines if the units are recruitable.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; May 22, 2023 at 01:04 PM.

Hello developers,
    I found some time to play with the latest version (May 17th without the Scotland patch) in the last days, so here is my feedback. I played Poland until the year of 1198, vh/vh. Here is the save: https://mega.nz/file/nvJFzCQC#RU7YDt...43uJvgeKb4E4oc

In General:
    This is to my opinion a really great Medieval Mod. I am an experienced but casual TW-player for many years and I have to say that the testing of SSHIP was one of my best experiences, that keeps me interested in the game. One has to make careful decisions, that really matter and there was no boredom in the 130 rounds I played so far. Capeau!

I managed to keep my reputation high mostly by releasing prisoners and by not acting evil. Only in desperate situations I stepped aside from this rules, knowing that it could have serious repercussions. For me, the knowledge, that alliances are really important and that backstabbing is much more unlikely, when you have good reputation, adds much to the game. As Poland, you have to rule Stettin for instance, to get your King crowned. But conquering Stettin leads to trouble with the mighty and much stronger HRE, so you have to build a stable alliance with them first to avoid doom.

Merchants:
    They are much weaker in the new version, maybe a little bit too weak, although they were quite overpowered before. My two merchants are trading amber at the Ostsee, which is a really profitable resource. One is a quite capable merchant (8/10) and makes about 550 florins, the other one is not so talented (4/10) and makes about 110. Maybe you should tweak them a little bit, so that they matter but not to the point, that was before the new version. My financial situation as Poland was constantly tense in the game, so 800 or 1000 florins instead of 550 would really matter.

KI-behaviour:
    This is a decisive topic of course. I had constant trouble with Lithuania in the early game, they attacked without provocation at round 13 or so. Once you conquer Twangste, they will attack from time to time but also agree to peace in between wars. One decisive moment of the campaign was the backstabbing from Kiev and attack of Lithuania at the same time around Round 66. That turned a relatively reasonable campaign into a very crazy and risky one, with dead family members, heroic victories, the acceptance of characters from outside, (that I always rejected before) because of simple need, the interruption of building the economy and, to the end, the doom of Lithuania and conquer of one Castle of the Kiewan Rus. Then of course the need to stabilize the new situation. Later I made a stable alliance with Kiew, but the conquered Lithuan Provinces were constantly and well organized attacked by Novgorod. Also Norvegia attacked from Stettin. The attacks of Novogorod, a not so powerful faction, were extremely well organized. Always coming with family members, 2 or 3 great armies and attacking the two bordering provinces at the same time, so I really had trouble. But so far I kept the HRE calm and managed to make an alliance thanks to the negotiation of an extremely charming princess and 5000 florines. Also, it was possible to by peace and trade from Novgorod, although it was “demanding”, with 3000 florins at one point.

Rebellions/Public-Order:
    Shortly before I stopped playing yesterday I experienced a Lithuanian rebellion. Their former capital was ruled by an extremely capable but now aging Lord, who I sent to put down am army of rebels and who did not make it back to town in time. That simple, avoidable mistake caused a serious crisis for the whole realm, the town rebelled (from public order 55%) to Lithuania, the faction reemerged and now I have to deal with a full Lithuanian doomstack, while the HRE, although allied, is threatening me in the west. A very thrilling situation. Very good mechanics here!

Conquering abroad:
    The mechanics work, it costs much money to conquer abroad. This is simply a good and realistic feature, I think.

Mechanics according aggressive player-style:
    Here I experienced some kind of a bug: when I conquered Stettin from Norway, provoked by a Norwegian attack, this happened: I got a message, that I conquered 5 provinces so far, which was true. At the same turn, I got a message, that my playing style was too aggressive, causing rebellions throughout my realm, suggesting to slow down. Also about 7 “resistance” messages in my provinces popped up. That was certainly not right, because Stettin was the first province I conquered since the war in round 66, that was 30 years ago. Certainly not an aggressive playstyle. One turn later a message came, that the seat of power in one of my provinces was removed to another place, an my faction heir, in his 40ies, who conquered Stettin, died at this unusual age. But no seat of power was removed. Anther turn later, a message came, that I now conquered 15 provinces, which is obviously not true, and another message, that I had successfully slowed down my conquering and the rebellions would now stop. This seems to be bugged scripts.

Loyality:
    I experienced the betrayal of one of my characters in the early game around round 25. Unfortunately I did not realize the circumstances of the betrayal but only saw it a few years later. Maybe he was married off by a foreign princess. He was an important figure, 19 years old, not disloyal (I think 6/10 loyality), intelligent, firstborn son of the King. Had to carry on without him. Maybe I sent him to another town and he was caught on his way. I looked into old saves and tried to reproduce it, but could not find the reason.

Priests: Cardinal College is getting empty again.

So, I hope that helps a bit and I thank you so much for all the thrill and fun I had with this campaign so far.
    Best regards QK

A very nice report by QKuhlmann above!

Is this doomstack recruitment by rebel faction intended, as shown in Sigtuna? The original army there was the one marked with green, and since the beginning of the game, they've kept on recruiting Huskarls and King's Hirdmen, two strong and expensive units to upkeep. Those eight heavy infantry units alone would cost over 8 000 per turn for the player as upkeep costs, and make Sigtuna an impossible target for the very poor Norway, and even AI-controlled Denmark is hesitant to attack it. Somehow the situation seems to be making Denmark gather its armies near Kalmar; they have been there for at least ~10 turns already. A little before Denmark started gathering armies near Kalmar, they sent a weak army near Sigtuna to scout it, and now they have three quite strong armies just outside Kalmar.

Denmark has also attacked me at Skara for multiple times with weaker armies, and I've managed to fend them off so far. For some reason their reputation stays at very reliable, even though they have started a war against me three times already, and agreed to a peace on the next turn after I've beaten them at Skara. The third attack even made the pope order a ceasefire for my side too, as I blockaded the port of Lund as a retaliation. I guess that wasn't a smart move, as my reputation stays at mixed, and I have only four relation-points with the pope. Denmark somehow still has six. They don't even have a cardinal anymore, as he died of old age some time ago, and I have one cardinal.

Edit: also is the Jarls' support money for Norway working correctly? When playing on Lithuania, the locals pay 3 000 florins per turn when the player has under was it four or five settlements, and IIRC that money isn't shown on the finances page. However, when playing on Norway, and when I had even just the two initial settlements, I didn't seem to get extra funds not shown on the finances page. Rather the estimation shown on finances page before ending each turn seems to be almost strictly accurate, but still I receive the message about the support by Jarls' each turn. I currently have four settlements after conquering Skara and Visby.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sigtuna.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	354.6 KB 
ID:	369015
    Last edited by vovery; May 22, 2023 at 03:57 PM. Reason: A question about Norway

Quote Originally Posted by vovery View Post
    Edit: also is the Jarls' support money for Norway working correctly? When playing on Lithuania, the locals pay 3 000 florins per turn when the player has under was it four or five settlements, and IIRC that money isn't shown on the finances page. However, when playing on Norway, and when I had even just the two initial settlements, I didn't seem to get extra funds not shown on the finances page. Rather the estimation shown on finances page before ending each turn seems to be almost strictly accurate, but still I receive the message about the support by Jarls' each turn. I currently have four settlements after conquering Skara and Visby.
    Ah, thanks, yes - a small forgotten line in the script. Sorry, will be fixed in the next version. I've checked other factions, and there're no similar omissions.

Quote Originally Posted by vovery View Post
    Is this doomstack recruitment by rebel faction intended, as shown in Sigtuna? The original army there was the one marked with green, and since the beginning of the game, they've kept on recruiting Huskarls and King's Hirdmen, two strong and expensive units to upkeep. Those eight heavy infantry units alone would cost over 8 000 per turn for the player as upkeep costs, and make Sigtuna an impossible target for the very poor Norway, and even AI-controlled Denmark is hesitant to attack it. Somehow the situation seems to be making Denmark gather its armies near Kalmar; they have been there for at least ~10 turns already. A little before Denmark started gathering armies near Kalmar, they sent a weak army near Sigtuna to scout it, and now they have three quite strong armies just outside Kalmar.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sigtuna.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	354.6 KB 
ID:	369015
    Another good insight. It shoulnd't be this way, the garrison should stay at 7 units. The reason is the initial availability of the recruitment pools for the rebel faction, combined with the large purse (and maybe the debt script adds to it). Now, I need to find which building it is coming from.

EDIT: I have checked and the heavy units are not recruitable from the EDB by the slave faction. I don't know who the process of recruitment by this faction works, what're the mechanism. If anybody could help with info, this would be great as the phenomenon fo additional heavy troops in the rebel settlements creates a big gameplay problem.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; May 23, 2023 at 02:53 AM.

Encountering a persistent crash while playing as Pisa on turn 279 when it reaches Frances turn. Using the current May version with the additional patch.
    Attached Files Attached Files

What Voodoo ritual do you have to practice to launch the may version ?
    Seriously, i run the september version with no problem but the game encounters a fatal ctd everytime i launch the new version.
    Did i miss something ?

Quote Originally Posted by Procrastinator maximus View Post
    What Voodoo ritual do you have to practice to launch the may version ?
    Seriously, i run the september version with no problem but the game encounters a fatal ctd everytime i launch the new version.
    Did i miss something ?
    No idea. But I admit to have just pack the version I'm using, delete some it git files, and upload. I haven't made any special tests beforehand. But the other players could run it already, so it's not bugged, I'd guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmalk View Post
    Encountering a persistent crash while playing as Pisa on turn 279 when it reaches Frances turn. Using the current May version with the additional patch.
    I'll have a look when I can. But it may be as late as Tuesday. Maybe somebody else would do.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

@Fismalk : My browser (Chrome) refuses the download of your file which it considers dangerous. If you have another solution I could try your backup.

@Fismalk : My browser (Chrome) refuses the download of your file which it considers dangerous. If you have another solution I could try your backup.
    that's usual situation with Chrome but you can download it with the built-in MS Edge

All I did was compress my .sav with 7zip. Here is the save file on dropbox if that works for you: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ix210thi0j...20252.sav?dl=0

@Fismalk: I tested your save. It is actually turn 242 and the year 1252 (yet your file is called pisa turn 252???).
    The fog of war is disabled and the world map looks beautiful and well balanced. I did not have a CTD.
    I used the May version with Patch 20.05 - for SSHIP098.
    Maybe you should try running the Map and Bin file cleaner.bat in the SSHIP_098 folder. The patch modifies text and the .bin must be cleaned for the operation to work.

@Fismalk: I tested your save. It is actually turn 242 and the year 1252 (yet your file is called pisa turn 252???).
    The fog of war is disabled and the world map looks beautiful and well balanced. I did not have a CTD.
    I used the May version with Patch 20.05 - for SSHIP098.
    Maybe you should try running the Map and Bin file cleaner.bat in the SSHIP_098 folder. The patch modifies text and the .bin must be cleaned for the operation to work.
    My apologies, I uploaded the wrong save. This is the correct save with the crash, occurring on Frances turn 279: https://www.dropbox.com/s/46u520911q...20ctd.sav?dl=0

I did try running the cleaner once again, still crashing.

Indeed, I get a CTD after a retreat against the Fatimids and the turn of the French it seems...
    There may be a script oversight. Way below:

12:10:15.840 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Global_Settlement_Building_Completed> fired
    12:10:15.841 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Global_Settlement_Building_Completed> fired
    12:10:15.841 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Merchants_Building_Completed_LandTrade02> fired
    12:10:15.841 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Masons_Governor_Building_Completed> fired
    12:10:15.841 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <GBC_Eco_Hansa> fired
    12:10:15.841 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Builder_GBC_Intelligent> fired
    12:10:15.841 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Builder_GBC_Intelligent_Masons_Guild> fired
    12:10:15.841 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Builder_GBC_Unschooled> fired
    12:10:15.841 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <GBC_Psycho_Guild_Hansa> fired
    12:10:15.841 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <GBC_Architect> fired
    12:10:15.841 [game.script.anc] [trace] Ancillary <architect> not added - chance 2, random 53
    12:10:15.842 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <inc_counter> at line 55008 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    12:10:15.842 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <inc_counter>, at line 55008, in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Counter number_hansa6_kontor_london_built doesn't exist

12:10:15.842 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <historic_event> at line 55009 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    12:10:15.853 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/HANSEATIC_LONDON_STELYARD.tga
    12:10:15.853 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/HANSEATIC_LONDON_STELYARD.tga.dds
    12:10:15.853 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/HANSEATIC_LONDON_STELYARD.tga
    12:10:15.853 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/HANSEATIC_LONDON_STELYARD.tga.dds
    12:10:15.853 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/HANSEATIC_LONDON_STELYARD.tga
    12:10:15.854 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/HANSEATIC_LONDON_STELYARD.tga
    12:10:15.854 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/HANSEATIC_LONDON_STELYARD.tga.dds
    12:10:15.854 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/HANSEATIC_LONDON_STELYARD.tga
    12:10:15.854 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/HANSEATIC_LONDON_STELYARD.tga.dds
    12:10:15.854 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/HANSEATIC_LONDON_STELYARD.tga
    12:10:15.885 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/historic_event.tga (from: H:\Europa barbarorum)
    12:10:15.886 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/historic_event.tga.dds
    12:10:15.886 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/historic_event.tga (from: H:\Europa barbarorum)
    12:10:15.930 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Indeed, I get a CTD after a retreat against the Fatimids and the turn of the French it seems...
    There may be a script oversight. Way below:
    doesn't matter as a source of a crash. the crash happens much later. no reason for that crash in this log

In the September version, I noticed an untextured "italian_cavalry_militia" unit (silver color) assigned to Serbia.
    However, Serbia should not have this type of unit according to the EDU.
    I think we need :
    - either delete this unit in the EDB
    - either ask me to create a texture for Serbia and register its presence in the EDU

In the September version, I noticed an untextured "italian_cavalry_militia" unit (silver color) assigned to Serbia.
    I think we need :
    - either ask me to create a texture for Serbia and register its presence in the EDU
    The second option is far, far more appealing. Just do it!

I think we need :
    Yes good idea kostic! Also i noticed for levy crossbowmen have not image in the unit card, appear roma villager from Rome TW( irc is for byzantines), also wrong descriptions for symachika tagmata ( they appear as old kastrophilakae unit description) and other byzantine descriptions...
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmalk View Post
    My apologies, I uploaded the wrong save. This is the correct save with the crash, occurring on Frances turn 279: https://www.dropbox.com/s/46u520911q...20ctd.sav?dl=0
    I did try running the cleaner once again, still crashing.
    Still didn't found the cause but noticed that many Portuguese core buildings (walls/castles) and buildings inside are damaged.
    I think the reason is that the bonus on building doesn't work anymore:
    ;---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ; WOODEN PALLISADE - CONSTRUCTION DISCOUNTS
    construction_cost_bonus_wooden bonus 99 requires event_counter is_the_ai 1
    construction_cost_bonus_stone bonus 99 requires event_counter is_the_ai 1
    So I've come out with a solution: core buildings in each settlement will be set to un-damaged:
    log --- (.F.) Oslo Set Full Health for AI buildings ----------------------------------------

if I_EventCounter is_the_player == 0
    and I_EventCounter leap_year_counter == 1

console_command set_building_health Oslo core_castle_building 100
    console_command set_building_health Oslo core_building 100

end_if