Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 098 teaser: EVENTS' PICS by Cephalophore

Default Re: 098 teaser: EVENTS' PICS by Cephalophore

Really amazing images! Very inmerssive for the game!
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

very beautiful . I look forward to seeing all of your work
    Georgian Medieval Shields By Khevsur

https://www.mediafire.com/file/017uq....2023.rar/file

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

You can use these georgian miniatures

This is the period of influence of the Ottoman Turks 15th-17th century

https://www.mediafire.com/file/4eval...urebi.rar/file

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Khevsur; May 24, 2023 at 03:56 PM.

Thank you for your contribution, Khevsur

Another Small Preview

Default Re: EVENTS pictures and texts

Noble Women From The East

Abbasiyya
    Misriyya
    Zenkiyya
    Andalusiyya
    Farisiyya
    Turkiyya
    (These are the feminine Arabic forms for people. Misriyya - Egyptian Woman)

Some brief notes I've garnered over the course of researching 'Islamicate' manuscript miniatures in relation to this mod:

- It is important to recognize that much like the 'West' the 'Islamicate' world had many different manuscript painting traditions. There are very clear Turkic, Arabic, and Persian traditions that all interact and influence each-other.

- There is a clear lack of battle-imagery in Arab and North African (by extension Andalusian) manuscripts. The only examples of soldiers in full regalia from the relevant period I have been able to uncover are the Casa de Pinturas in the Alhambra and an odd armed figure in various manuscripts. There is no Arabic manuscript equivalent until much later than I can reasonably include in the mod. I have not discovered any lavishly illustrated Eastern Christian works that depict battle scenes either - which could prove to be extremely useful. This phenomenon seems to be isolated to the West and the handful of illustrated Byzantine Old Testament manuscripts. There are some Coptic and Syriac manuscripts which have proved useful, but nothing comparable to the battle scenes in the Shahnama manuscripts.

- It is a common opinion amongst academic personalities that illustrated Shahnamas must have existed prior to the 14th century, but none have survived. Illustrations in various 14th cent. Shahnamas show clear connection to 12th and 13th century painted ceramics so one can deduce that such manuscripts likely existed.

- Painting thrived under various Turkic and Mongolic dynasties, developing into distinct styles. I.E. Mamluk, which inherited much Arab influence and Ilkhanid which inherited the Turko-Persian style which was already flourishing upon their arrival.

- The manuscript treasures held in certain libraries are not digitized. Only records of their existence in catalogues. This is an issue for all countries, but certain countries have much more developed databases than others.

- Some manuscripts have by this or that way found themselves disassembled, butchered, and scattered across the globe in libraries, private collections, and auction houses. This is especially the case for oriental manuscripts by misfortune of not having the perceived value by their progeny that orientalists had of them. So, sometimes the images are lost forever in the chaos... take the Great Mongol Shahnama. It's an astounding work of medieval art, but has been cut into pieces by Mr. Demotte - may he reside in hellfire.

Beneath is a large image comparing the newest Middle Eastern images with the older Italian and Greek events I have created and you may've seen already. I make some effort to maintain uniformity.
    "Let your own worth expand your chest with pride, don’t cash upon references to the long antiquity of your race." - from a Kalila wa Dimnah manuscript
    Last edited by Cephalophore; June 01, 2023 at 03:07 AM.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Thank you for this impressive research work you are doing for our mod SSHIP. It's an honor you do to our mod!

Default Re: EVENTS pictures and texts

Cities, Cities - Oriental Wonders!

Some of the ME cities...

Can I fool you into believing this is a real miniature of crusaders from an arab/persian/turkic manuscript?

6-22-23:
    This is the zip that contains the events as they are in my own files. A work in progress and do not cover all the new events in SSHIP which I struggle to keep up with. You will find the Italian, Middle Eastern, and Greek events as they currently exist here.
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/4ii5g...Events.7z/file

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345