Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    thanks, I've discerned a bug in the code, it's why there're so many Urban Militias. It'll be fixed for the next release.
    in both cases you've achieved the necessary threshold, but you haven't built the necessary level of farms. Once you do, you'll be able to build the walls.

Peasant - yes, @Belo has deleted them from a file they lingered.
    Landowners - yeah, technological swith (Heavy Mail event) gives you additional unit to the recruitment pools, going above the limit. I can't count everything, but I'd think it's the reason. Well spotted.
    Yes Jurand but I want to say that in the other settlements the figure appears on the cursor to go to the next level (example for long stone wall you need 30000 population) but in Palermo and Al Mandiya this figure does not appear...

- Regarding the peasant unit, a unit in a rebel army did appear to me, from what I understand that this unit has not been definitively eliminated in the mod.

And as our dear tutor and professor of total war @Gigantus would say: i'm glad to serve
    Last edited by j.a.luna; August 01, 2023 at 03:09 PM.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

I removed the peasant unit from rebel armies pool, this will be effective in the next release. So for now in your version it can indeed still appear
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    Yes Jurand but I want to say that in the other settlements the figure appears on the cursor to go to the next level (example for long stone wall you need 30000 population) but in Palermo and Al Mandiya this figure does not appear...
    you have achieved the threshold and this figure is not shown anymore. Shall you fall below (eg due to a plague), it will reappear. Now, what you need to do, is to build the farms to be able building an upper tier of the walls.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    you have achieved the threshold and this figure is not shown anymore. Shall you fall below (eg due to a plague), it will reappear. Now, what you need to do, is to build the farms to be able building an upper tier of the walls.
    ok thanks Jurand, now i understood perfectly, I'll do that!
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

This is interesting:
    The wife of my King holds many passports/religions.
    She was Serbian when I got them married.
    I guess I should not have married him to a Orthodox princess anyway, because now he cannot get his 6 crosses for crowning together
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wife.jpg  
    Last edited by William the Silent; August 02, 2023 at 12:33 PM.

I'm stuck again.
    I believe a witch.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi,

So started a new campaign as Venice got the crown finally but then I got a crash on Castille's turn.
    Initially I got over it by getting rid of the Castille faction (surrender regions cheat) and managed to play some more turns... But then things got wild and I got random crushes here and there, after a battle, before a battle or even when I'm trying to save the game Probably wasn't the best idea to delete Castille. Can you have a look please?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11vI...ew?usp=sharing

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by William the Silent View Post
    I'm stuck again.
    I believe a witch.
    Here you have 3 saved turns.
    I had one crash (but without any log, it was that RunTime error).
    There's one obvious bug: the Kerman province has a Mongol general in Kerman but it's depicted as belonging to the Moors. He's 73 and I don't know what happens if he dies.
    Then Georgia suddenly disappeared on the first turn I've run your save. It could have been the reason of crash: if the FL and FH died at the same time.
    Anyway, this game looks very interesting. The Mongols failed to make huge headways, there're large factions (Pisa, Rhomaioi, Kiev) but also middle ones (Poland). And most are still on the map, obviously there's very frequent re-emegence.

Thanks.
    I must say that Pisa's power was influenced by me. I allied with them to make them stronger against HRE, so they could move all their armies against HRE, which was my biggest enemy. RHE is overwhelmed by Pisa right now. So my biggest enemy is going to be Pisa.
    Had I not done that Pisa would have been weaker I believe.

Crusades and Jihads have a lot of influence on balancing power I believe. Katholic factions send big armies.

Crusades and Jihads have a lot of influence on balancing power I believe. Katholic factions send big armies.
    This is interesting - can you elaborate? Whom are they weakening?

Little bug find at the beginning of hungarian campaign , the hungarian princess Adelaide Arpadhazi have the trait "of Castilian blood" instead of " of hungarian blood"....
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    Little bug find at the beginning of hungarian campaign , the hungarian princess Adelaide Arpadhazi have the trait "of Castilian blood" instead of " of hungarian blood"....
    thanks, fixed!

This is interesting - can you elaborate? Whom are they weakening?
    Murabitun(?) has been threatening the spanish factions most of my english campaign. Portugal and and Aragon have been their vassals.
    I sometimes helped them with money to stay alive and keep them alive as a buffer.
    Lately Marubitun took Valencia, but a Crusade was called and it ended up with Aragon. Since then Marubitun has been weaker.

At one time Maributin had Arles and the city above that taken from the HRE. They lost one by riots and Arles to Pisa.

If a Crusade is called most nations seem to participate. Even the 2 weak spanish factions send armies (Portugal I don't know).

Pisa is the black sheep of the christian nations. They always hanging on the bottom of the Popes favourites list.

Quote Originally Posted by Olaszv View Post
    Hi,

So started a new campaign as Venice got the crown finally but then I got a crash on Castille's turn.
    Initially I got over it by getting rid of the Castille faction (surrender regions cheat) and managed to play some more turns... But then things got wild and I got random crushes here and there, after a battle, before a battle or even when I'm trying to save the game Probably wasn't the best idea to delete Castille. Can you have a look please?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11vI...ew?usp=sharing

Thanks!
    Jurand, can you have a look on my crash please?

Quote Originally Posted by Olaszv View Post
    Jurand, can you have a look on my crash please?
    I haven't had any problem, for a couple of turns - have a look.

Pisa is the black sheep of the christian nations. They always hanging on the bottom of the Popes favourites list.
    It should be the other way around, Pisa was almost always on good terms with the Papacy. It'd think it's something @Macaras should consider.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; August 07, 2023 at 12:16 PM.

It should be the other way around, Pisa was almost always on good terms with the Papacy. It'd think it's something @Macaras should consider.
    It's probably because the only way to expand for Pisa is attacking christian nations. And there are a lot of them in that area.

I installed the LAA stuff.
    My campaign did good for a while but now: CTD right after "next turn".
    Attached Files Attached Files

I installed the LAA stuff.
    My campaign did good for a while but now: CTD right after "next turn".
    Did you apply LAA to both - medieval.exe and kingdoms.exe ? I am not sure if it should be like this, but I did it and it helped a lot. Another thing what I would do is to reinstall the game and the mod. Because I just runned a test for 200 turns and there was not even one ctd. I think what you experience is not related to coding mistakes but rather to some problem in the installation.

Icon4 CTD on all saves!

Hello there. Newcomer here. I've created an account seeking help with a strange issue.

I've been playing SSHIP for a while. Thanks to the tips outlined on these forums, I've dealt with all CTDs up to this point. All involving buggy armies ( Damn you, Captain Colin! ) and using commands to whisk them far away into Central Asia.

However, I've encountered a new issue. Currently on Turn 298, after ending my turn or otherwise fighting a battle, I crash immediately. And this CTD is instant, as soon as I hit the "End Turn" button. So it's impossible to follow any AI action, if another buggy army was even the cause. Faced with nothing else to do, I loaded previous saves. . . however, even those saves were broken too. Ending my turn on them resulted in a CTD just as on Turn 298. Even though just a few minutes ago I was on those turns, able to pass along just fine.
    A bug so powerful it was able to destroy previously fine saves.

And this is specific to my save. Other saves, such as new campaigns or the myriad of existing saves that already come with the mod, don't have this issue. I can end my turn on them just fine.

For information about my game: It is a Steam Install. I have no other mods installed and have not modified the game in any way ever since I ran Installed SSHIP and ran LAA.

Unfortunately, I also do not have saves 30, 20, even 10 turns ago. All my current saves are recent, about 2 or 3 turns before the turn that started this all.

And after checking my full.log, apparently the issue has to do with Building Gaps. More specifically, all World Wonder buildings like Marienkirche and Kaiserdom. However I do not want to risk modifying this file without any programming knowledge, let alone familiarity with how this game works.

--------------------------------------------------------
    Here is an example of the final lines of my full.log:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Building DB error - faction mongols has gap in building prior to alcazar8_fes (unavailable at level zero)
    12:35:30.205 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SSHIP_098/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 41244, column 2
    Building DB error - faction mongols has gap in building prior to alcazar9_tunis (unavailable at level zero)
    12:35:30.205 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SSHIP_098/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 41244, column 2
    Building DB error - faction mongols has gap in building prior to wonder_poznan_gniezno2_rotunda (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction mongols has gap in building prior to wonder_poznan_gniezno3_romanic (unavailable at level zero)
    12:35:47.469 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt, at line 20885, column 45
    Could not find Piety, in traits database
    12:35:47.469 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt, at line 20909, column 45
    Could not find Piety, in traits database
    12:35:47.692 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt, at line 164459, column 51
    faction type not recognised
    12:35:47.692 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt, at line 164807, column 42
    counter value not declared

The rest of the log is just more Building DB errors. Just with other factions, and other Wonders.
    Attached to this post are my saves too: Contaminated Saves.zip

I'm willing to give anything else that is needed.

Please advise, and thank you.

Another thing what I would do is to reinstall the game and the mod.
    I might reinstall the mod, but I'm not going to reinstall the game. That's too much work.
    My other mods are running fine on MTW2.
    I'll run LAA on the Kingdoms.exe.

I'm already on turn 360.
    Last edited by William the Silent; August 09, 2023 at 06:27 AM.