Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Looks indeed bad. Could you upload a save? And perhaps previous saves to see the dynamics?

The shield issue - I don't know, I don't think we've modified Lithuanian roster (but renaming "Followers of Perkunas" into "Pagan Fanatics")
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; August 18, 2023 at 02:08 PM.

In this turn there is 1 Ducal Noble Axeman in Riga. The next there are 2, even though Riga doesn't have the building to recruit them.
    The capital also recruits them.

This turn I destroy the big army and few turns later there are many Ducals again to attack me.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hey there, first of all, i want to thank the team for the amazing job done with this mod, it let me came back to medieval after long long time. I'm currently playing a campaign with Norway (H/H) and i also noticed something wrong with the replenishment of AI unit. Danish kingdom has just two cities and one wooden castle but keeps sending me full armies with early elite units, even if should be some limit to recruit them, above all during the first years of campaign. Having very little money with my faction, it's very very hard to manage these armies with basic units. Apparently there is something wrong, or at least, some replenish mechanism i still don't get. I noticed the same problem during my previous campaign with abbassid (H/H) fighting byzantinies. After literally butchering almost twenty full stack elite armies, it apparently doesn't seem to bother them and avoiding them to keep trying steamroll me with strong elite armies. Nevertheless, this second situation is far more manageble, having more resource to resist, but probably needs however to be someway balanced. As far as i know, many victories should at least compulse ai to seek peace but it doesn't seem always work. It's not wrong giving some help to AI but maybe this aspect could be improved more. As far as i noticed, other issues are the lack of titles for some cities (i noticed it for Tripoli and Al-Wasir) and some little issues about historical aspect, for example pisa and venice can recruit full plate armor broken lances during high period (this last one i fixed personally working on the descr_events and export_descret_buildings). However, it's a very enjoyable mod and i'll keep sending feedbacks as far as i'm going to play it.

As denmark im getting the notre dame event that says i can begin building it (dont know if this is a bug) . Im also getting the Saxon invitation

Quote Originally Posted by William the Silent View Post
    In this turn there is 1 Ducal Noble Axeman in Riga. The next there are 2, even though Riga doesn't have the building to recruit them.
    The capital also recruits them.
    This turn I destroy the big army and few turns later there are many Ducals again to attack me.
    It doesn't look dramatic so I'd conclude there's no bug of this type:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The AI gets special support if it's a "small" faction (1-3 settlements). This include also special recruitment of units normally not available at lower stages of settlements - for Lithuania it's indeed Ducal Noble Axemen.
    I've prepared a patch for you (both), removing all such support, maybe it'd suit you better. Although I'm not sure it was the

btw, watch out Twangste. I've prepared a special historical script for it, I"m curious if it works

@Sannitico:
    - upload a save, I'm always curious to see the evolution - and this is 300 turns!
    - in your case the Romaioi shouldn'd be a small faction, so I'd again be interested to see it.
    - also apply this patch.
    - al-Wasit title I've noticed, but Tripoli should be fine. I'll check. Anything else?
    - when the units appear - it's as it was in SSHIP 092, we haven't yet dealt with it.

Thanks for the feedback for you both!
    JoC

Quote Originally Posted by Stivanderen View Post
    As denmark im getting the notre dame event that says i can begin building it (dont know if this is a bug) . Im also getting the Saxon invitation
    Saxon invite - it'll be fixed for the next version

Notre Dame - if you get it once (ie 3 different events, but each once), then it's ok - it's a global Gothic event.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    It doesn't look dramatic so I'd conclude there's no bug of this type:

The AI gets special support if it's a "small" faction (1-3 settlements). This include also special recruitment of units normally not available at lower stages of settlements - for Lithuania it's indeed Ducal Noble Axemen.
    I've prepared a patch for you (both), removing all such support, maybe it'd suit you better. Although I'm not sure it was the

btw, watch out Twangste. I've prepared a special historical script for it, I"m curious if it works

@Sannitico:
    - upload a save, I'm always curious to see the evolution - and this is 300 turns!
    - in your case the Romaioi shouldn'd be a small faction, so I'd again be interested to see it.
    - also apply this patch.
    - al-Wasit title I've noticed, but Tripoli should be fine. I'll check. Anything else?
    - when the units appear - it's as it was in SSHIP 092, we haven't yet dealt with it.

Thanks for the feedback for you both!
    JoC
    Hi Jurand, thanks a lot! I'll try the patch and i'll let you know. It's a good mechanism helping small AI factions, maybe in some cases - for example my norway campaign - if you are human (without bonuses of) and you are using already a small weak faction in the first turns, this mechanism could become quiet punitive.

Unfortunately i don't have anymore the save of my abbasid campaign because i modified some _strat files but i broke the game so i deleted everything and tried again (second time was the good one). However, it was a late game and being a late game powerful faction i have been able to manage the stacks (it wasnt' easy but neitheir extremely hard). I can only say that around turn 300, Romaioi was a very strong faction and i expected huge stacks of armies but not so many! After countless huge battles - maybe ten around - i feared war they are never going to negotiate so i tried to let hungarian and pisa attack them and only in this way i've been able to stop them (however when they accorded peace other armies were ready to attack Konya or Attaleia).

I don't know if Tripoli works for christian factions but for muslim ones when i put a general here he doesn't get the title. Currently i didn't notice other missing titles

I found some broken lances around turn 340, but checking the export_descr_buldings they are technically recruitable already with transitional armor reform. Personally i don't like the "robocop" effect with soldiers in full plate armour already hanging around at the beginning of the XIV century so i tried to delay the reforms of the armor, but this is just my personal taste.

Thanks for all the help and looking into issues.
    You're the greatest.

Quote Originally Posted by Sannitico View Post
    Hi Jurand, thanks a lot! I'll try the patch and i'll let you know. It's a good mechanism helping small AI factions, maybe in some cases - for example my norway campaign - if you are human (without bonuses of) and you are using already a small weak faction in the first turns, this mechanism could become quiet punitive.

Unfortunately i don't have anymore the save of my abbasid campaign because i modified some _strat files but i broke the game so i deleted everything and tried again (second time was the good one). However, it was a late game and being a late game powerful faction i have been able to manage the stacks (it wasnt' easy but neitheir extremely hard). I can only say that around turn 300, Romaioi was a very strong faction and i expected huge stacks of armies but not so many! After countless huge battles - maybe ten around - i feared war they are never going to negotiate so i tried to let hungarian and pisa attack them and only in this way i've been able to stop them (however when they accorded peace other armies were ready to attack Konya or Attaleia).

I don't know if Tripoli works for christian factions but for muslim ones when i put a general here he doesn't get the title. Currently i didn't notice other missing titles

I found some broken lances around turn 340, but checking the export_descr_buldings they are technically recruitable already with transitional armor reform. Personally i don't like the "robocop" effect with soldiers in full plate armour already hanging around at the beginning of the XIV century so i tried to delay the reforms of the armor, but this is just my personal taste.
    thanks for Tripoli, indeed it required a fix. I've fixed also Qus.

I fully share your feelings about the armour reforms - they should be later. The problem - as with the other mods, like EBII - is the lenght of the game. One need to play a really long game to experience the reforms. So for now it's a compromise, but it may change in the future.

concernig your battles - I'm thinking about compensating the player from battles more...

I fully share your feelings about the armour reforms - they should be later. The problem - as with the other mods, like EBII - is the lenght of the game. One need to play a really long game to experience the reforms. So for now it's a compromise, but it may change in the future.
    Yes, i figured out it. Personally i like a very slow playing style and it doesn't bother me using "simply" feudal knights with mail till late game. Nevertheless, faction's roasters are very rich and i don't feel this lack. This is why i delayed in my personal SSHIP the dates of the armor reforms in the descr_events.

p.s concerning historicity, in the middle east you can recruit at the end of the XIII century strange mercenary units like elephants with musketeers. I bet that they are a sort of "fantasy" unit flavor. As far as i remember, Timurids used elephants at the end of XIV century and, however, i strongly doubt they used them with musketeers in "napoleonic" style (their gun is long barrel rifle) on the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Sannitico View Post
    p.s concerning historicity, in the middle east you can recruit at the end of the XIII century strange mercenary units like elephants with musketeers. I bet that they are a sort of "fantasy" unit flavor. As far as i remember, Timurids used elephants at the end of XIV century and, however, i strongly doubt they used them with musketeers in "napoleonic" style (their gun is long barrel rifle) on the top.
    absolutely. and use of bombards in the battlefield in XIV c., or units of ribaults... we're slowly getting to get rid of them.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Spoiler for amazing pool number
    A recruit pool of 28832 units? Cool.

Hi Luna, I am looking at the family tree for Kiev and I cannot figure it out, what happened with the last name.. There are only two unmarried women - Olga and Eudokia and both have no surenemes except received from their fathers. Can you describe exactly what happened in the surname problem that you reported ? Whose daughter was she ? I cannot open the sav you provided, I guess I have already a newer version and its not compatible..
    Last edited by Macaras; August 20, 2023 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Macaras View Post
    Hi Luna, I am looking at the family tree for Kiev and I cannot figure it out, what happened with the last name.. There are only two unmarried women - Olga and Eudokia and both have no surenemes except received from their fathers. Can you describe exactly what happened in the surname problem that you reported ? Whose daughter was she ? I cannot open the sav you provided, I guess I have already a newer version and its not compatible..
    Ok @Macaras Here goes my explanation with images again. I also leave you my current save to see if you can download it again...

MY SAVE FROM MEGA

https://mega.nz/file/1QxCSKIB#74o9Xl...qHSWFw8CBltI_M

As I told @Gigantus, the princess I'm quoting is Olga Dolgorukii, daughter of Yuri Monomakh (which I don't understand because she has a different last name than her father...) here the images...

this princess married a foreign family member from Novgorod, a certain Domazhir Novgorodoskii and they had a daughter called "Iuliania Udinets", therefore she has a different surname from her father and mother (since the princess adopted her husband's surname "Novgorodoskii") .

This has already happened to me in previous campaigns like the previous Sicilian one in which I married a Siculo-Norman princess named Guiskard with a Fatimid family member and they had a daughter with a different last name from her parents... here are more images (from IMGUR ):

I hope that everything has become clear to you and you can find out why this is due, since it takes away a lot of immersiveness from the game, especially if you want to keep a surname and foreign royal blood in your kingdom, for example marry your princess to a Byzantine general with the name Konmneno and that he and his offspring can rule Russia (of Byzantine origin)

***By the way, I would appreciate it if you could guide me on how to paste a clear image from IMGUR in the forum, that is, it looks like an image and not as a link...
    Last edited by j.a.luna; August 21, 2023 at 09:58 AM. Reason: IMGUR IMAGES, THANKS JURAND!
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

In imgur you hover over a pics, click on choose the three dots ... , choos "Get shared links", copy link "BBCode", and paste that code here, on TWC.

In imgur you hover over a pics, click on choose the three dots ... , choos "Get shared links", copy link "BBCode", and paste that code here, on TWC.
    PERFECT!!!now it works great, thanks for the tip Jurand!
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    Ok @Macaras Here goes my explanation with images again. I also leave you my current save to see if you can download it again...

MY SAVE FROM MEGA

https://mega.nz/file/1QxCSKIB#74o9Xl...qHSWFw8CBltI_M

As I told @Gigantus, the princess I'm quoting is Olga Dolgorukii, daughter of Yuri Monomakh (which I don't understand because she has a different last name than her father...) here the images...

this princess married a foreign family member from Novgorod, a certain Domazhir Novgorodoskii and they had a daughter called "Iuliania Udinets", therefore she has a different surname from her father and mother (since the princess adopted her husband's surname "Novgorodoskii") .

This has already happened to me in previous campaigns like the previous Sicilian one in which I married a Siculo-Norman princess named Guiskard with a Fatimid family member and they had a daughter with a different last name from her parents... here are more images (from IMGUR ):

I hope that everything has become clear to you and you can find out why this is due, since it takes away a lot of immersiveness from the game, especially if you want to keep a surname and foreign royal blood in your kingdom, for example marry your princess to a Byzantine general with the name Konmneno and that he and his offspring can rule Russia (of Byzantine origin)

***By the way, I would appreciate it if you could guide me on how to paste a clear image from IMGUR in the forum, that is, it looks like an image and not as a link...
    I just checked again that the sons of foreign generals married to princesses of your faction have random surnames... I married my Rus surnamed princess "Eudokia Monomack" and daughter of the current king to a Byzantine nobleman "Ioannes Angelos", they had a daughter named " "Ekaterina Buturlin", which is a random last name... something is wrong...
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

It looks like whenever there is some problem the engine takes a random name. I think the error is I gave to the children a different surname then their father and that was causing problems in this case, both for son and daughter. I will check also other factions' family trees.

I'm sorry, I gave up on my Polish campaign.
    Still have to keep beating armies with lots of Ducals from Lithaunia. Now Novgorod is attacking me with army and blocking my harbor; Denmark attacks in the North West and Hungaria from the South.
    I can only afford 2 armies and they cannot cover all that ground; I cannot replenish, because all good affordable units are gone.
    My King is 73 and if he dies all my cities loose 1 free upkeep spot.

I hoped to improve my Kingdom, but that is impossible now at only turn 50.
    Last edited by William the Silent; August 21, 2023 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Macaras View Post
    It looks like whenever there is some problem the engine takes a random name. I think the error is I gave to the children a different surname then their father and that was causing problems in this case, both for son and daughter. I will check also other factions' family trees.
    This would in line with the tangled logic of the Med2 engine.

Quote Originally Posted by William the Silent View Post
    I'm sorry, I gave up on my Polish campaign.
    Still have to keep beating armies with lots of Ducals from Lithaunia. Now Novgorod is attacking me with army and blocking my harbor; Denmark attacks in the North West and Hungaria from the South.
    I can only afford 2 armies and they cannot cover all that ground; I cannot replenish, because all good affordable units are gone.
    My King is 73 and if he dies all my cities loose 1 free upkeep spot.

I hoped to improve my Kingdom, but that is impossible now at only turn 50.
    Yeah, this is difficult even on M/M... We're analysing the issue of Ducal Axes indeed. My thinking is going into nerfing the Lithuanian units as their comparative strenght is unhistorical in my eyes.
    Indeed the problem of Poland (and of Hungary) is from how many factions they can be attacked. You've got contact with Novgorod through Grodno? How the HRE and Kieve behave? Any other thoughts?
    @Macaras, what do you think about switching off the initial Polish-Hungarian war? Historically, it was just a short incident (even if recrurrent), while in the Med2 engine it's very difficult to end the war?