Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

William, here is the updated file for AI - the medium level should be easier, the ai will observe the alliances more and the invade priority is lowered.
    I added the new script and I noticed a change in the Lithaunian character: less Ducal Demons and soft behavior .
    But now they are being slapped all over the place by Novgorod it seems.
    Pretty soon I'll have to deal with them, but that's all good. I have time now to improve my economy and make Poland great again.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by William the Silent View Post
    I added the new script and I noticed a change in the Lithaunian character: less Ducal Demons and soft behavior .
    But now they are being slapped all over the place by Novgorod it seems.
    Pretty soon I'll have to deal with them, but that's all good. I have time now to improve my economy and make Poland great again.
    you're using it together with this one?

I would like to report a fairly annoying but thankfully not game-breaking bug. Playing as the HRE ( again. Think I might have an addiction ) and Kaiserdom has been completed after building up Speyer to a City. Fast forward a few turns and it has a major fire, I had to rebuild the whole cathedral starting from its foundations. I had a very high income at the time so why not, it keeps embezzlement away.

After rebuilding the entirety of Kaiserdom, 40 turns later the exact same-- maybe duplicate-- fire breaks out, and the game crashes. Reloading the game is fine, and it doesn't immediately happen again.

The Cathedral burns down seemingly at random. Even mid-way through a turn when all the other notifications have passed. Everytime it burns, the game will crash. And I will reload the save to find everything back to normal again.

Just noting this out in case it gets worse, and for the sake of tracking a bug. I could give you the save if any of you want, although it happens at random so you may have to wait tens or more of turns for Kaiserdom to burn.

In the meantime I guess I can fix this simply by demolishing the Cathedral. Seems a shame but it shouldn't affect my game that much.

Quote Originally Posted by PishPosh View Post
    I would like to report a fairly annoying but thankfully not game-breaking bug. Playing as the HRE ( again. Think I might have an addiction ) and Kaiserdom has been completed after building up Speyer to a City. Fast forward a few turns and it has a major fire, I had to rebuild the whole cathedral starting from its foundations. I had a very high income at the time so why not, it keeps embezzlement away.

After rebuilding the entirety of Kaiserdom, 40 turns later the exact same-- maybe duplicate-- fire breaks out, and the game crashes. Reloading the game is fine, and it doesn't immediately happen again.

The Cathedral burns down seemingly at random. Even mid-way through a turn when all the other notifications have passed. Everytime it burns, the game will crash. And I will reload the save to find everything back to normal again.

Just noting this out in case it gets worse, and for the sake of tracking a bug. I could give you the save if any of you want, although it happens at random so you may have to wait tens or more of turns for Kaiserdom to burn.

In the meantime I guess I can fix this simply by demolishing the Cathedral. Seems a shame but it shouldn't affect my game that much.
    Thanks a lot for this detailed report. I was looking for one.
    To be sure - you're playing the August version, or the June version?
    I have worked on it in between as I have found a bug crashing the game indeed (lack of wait 1.0 in the code...), then I've checked the mechanism and it worked. So if it was the August version, then I'll have to check. If it was the June, then it should be ok now.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; August 24, 2023 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Macaras View Post
    It looks like whenever there is some problem the engine takes a random name. I think the error is I gave to the children a different surname then their father and that was causing problems in this case, both for son and daughter. I will check also other factions' family trees.
    @Macaras have you finally been able to find a solution to the last name problem?I have just verified in my Rus campaign that the same couple has had another daughter but with a totally different last name from her sister's (we had previously commented that she had a different last name from her parents).
    This confirms that the game provides random surnames to children when you marry your princess (character) to a foreign general from another faction...
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    @Macaras have you finally been able to find a solution to the last name problem?I have just verified in my Rus campaign that the same couple has had another daughter but with a totally different last name from her sister's (we had previously commented that she had a different last name from her parents).
    This confirms that the game provides random surnames to children when you marry your princess (character) to a foreign general from another faction...
    I think so, thanks for the feedback. I removed the potential problems with the children last names being different than their parents. The fix will be in next version.

you're using it together with this one?
    Yes !!!?

Yeah, it's the August Version.

Kaiserdom has been completed after building up Speyer to a City.
    Fast forward a few turns and it has a major fire, I had to rebuild the whole cathedral starting from its foundations.
    After rebuilding the entirety of Kaiserdom, 40 turns later the exact same-- maybe duplicate-- fire breaks out, and the game crashes.
    The Cathedral burns down seemingly at random. Even mid-way through a turn when all the other notifications have passed. Everytime it burns, the game will crash.
    Yeah, it's the August Version.
    that's depressing. I need to come back to the code... I've spent so much time on it. So the first time it works ok, but then it crashes.
    The Cathedral burns at random, but there's a cool-down period of the script, and there should be different levels of damage. A major fire should be once in a century or so.
    upload a save, I'd be interesting to see the situation of HRE.

Quote Originally Posted by William the Silent View Post
    Yes !!!?
    ok, it gives us a indication that the assisstance for the AI works in a buggy way (but it works ;-). will be fixed (or: we'll try to fix it) in the next version.
    I've seen your save at turn 55. When you'll feel like to, upload a next one, pls.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    that's depressing. I need to come back to the code... I've spent so much time on it. So the first time it works ok, but then it crashes.
    The Cathedral burns at random, but there's a cool-down period of the script, and there should be different levels of damage. A major fire should be once in a century or so.
    upload a save, I'd be interesting to see the situation of HRE.
    Sure, here's the latest save. I will say that it's been quite a while since the last random fire. Either it fixed itself by not happening at all or I'm just lucky.

Also another thing I'd like to add is that I seemingly lose 90% of all my Free Upkeep units on the next turn. I made a thread about it outside of this thread, if you want more details you can go check that one out. As I'm not sure if it was a bug, I didn't post it here as a bug report.

Also just- good work on the mod overall. Sure there are bugs but credit where credit is due.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by PishPosh; August 25, 2023 at 02:37 AM.

I don't know if they are features or bugs, but, trying the two scandinavian factions, i noticed that 1) Lanvarnarmenn can be recruited by AI since the first turns, even if it hasn't necessary buildings to do it 2) norway and denmark can't recruit merchants

Quote Originally Posted by Sannitico View Post
    I don't know if they are features or bugs, but, trying the two scandinavian factions, i noticed that 1) Lanvarnarmenn can be recruited by AI since the first turns, even if it hasn't necessary buildings to do it 2) norway and denmark can't recruit merchants
    1 - yes, that's the future: assisstance for the AI when it's small. The fix for William removes all assisstance altogether.
    2 - iirc, they must build a Market to have the access
    btw, if you've played some more turns previously, upload a save :-)
    Code:
    ;===================  MARKET   ====================================================================================================
    ;==================================================================================================================================     
        market city requires factions { northern_european, middle_eastern, eastern_european, greek, southern_european, } and building_present_min_level builders builders1
        {
          capability
          {
            agent merchant  0  requires factions { northern_european, } and hidden_resource capital
            agent merchant  0  requires factions { middle_eastern, } and hidden_resource capital
            agent merchant  0  requires factions { eastern_european, } and hidden_resource capital
            agent merchant  0  requires factions { greek, } and hidden_resource capital
            agent merchant  0  requires factions { southern_european, } and hidden_resource capital

agent_limit merchant 0       
            agent_limit merchant 1  requires factions { northern_european, middle_eastern, eastern_european, greek, southern_european, } and hidden_resource capital

trade_base_income_bonus bonus 4
            population_growth_bonus bonus 2 requires factions { northern_european, middle_eastern, eastern_european, greek, southern_european, } and hidden_resource river
            population_growth_bonus bonus 1 requires factions { northern_european, middle_eastern, eastern_european, greek, southern_european, } and not hidden_resource river
            law_bonus bonus -2

Sure, here's the latest save. I will say that it's been quite a while since the last random fire. Either it fixed itself by not happening at all or I'm just lucky.

Also another thing I'd like to add is that I seemingly lose 90% of all my Free Upkeep units on the next turn. I made a thread about it outside of this thread, if you want more details you can go check that one out. As I'm not sure if it was a bug, I didn't post it here as a bug report.

Also just- good work on the mod overall. Sure there are bugs but credit where credit is due.
    thanks for the save. if you could do me a favour - don't destroy the Cathedral, but test if - and how often - it happens.

90% - you mean for militia. It's because the old Spear / Axe Militias are outdated: you cannot recruit them anymore. The free upkeep is only for the units that can be recruited in this settlement.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; August 25, 2023 at 03:30 AM.

thanks for the save. if you could do me a favour - don't destroy the Cathedral, but test if - and how often - it happens.

90% - you mean for militia. It's because the old Spear / Axe Militias are outdated: you cannot recruit them anymore. The free upkeep is only for the units that can be recruited in this settlement.
    Whaa- wait. Noo, my Urban Militia! Damn. Well, goodbye.

I think so, thanks for the feedback. I removed the potential problems with the children last names being different than their parents. The fix will be in next version.

Perfect! Thanks @Macaras, we Let's hope it works in the next version since it is very immersive in the game to keep the surnames of your lineage or famous foreign lineage
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Did anybody notice that strictly religious trait seems to increase the number of priest much more than in the description? It seems to me that I can recruit suddenly 6 priest, while before I could only two ?

Did anybody notice that strictly religious trait seems to increase the number of priest much more than in the description? It seems to me that I can recruit suddenly 6 priest, while before I could only two ?
    That maybe why i can recruit a lot of Imam as Zengids and why Fatimids just casually have 5 Imam in Jerusalem

ok, it gives us a indication that the assisstance for the AI works in a buggy way (but it works ;-). will be fixed (or: we'll try to fix it) in the next version.
    I've seen your save at turn 55. When you'll feel like to, upload a next one, pls.
    Maybe the original version was not that bad. Ducal Demons help Lithaunia to survive against Novgorod.

The problem for Poland is that they cannot stop Lithaunia from attacking them, which maked it impossible to grow economy. Taking all of Lithaunia seems impossible with all the enemies lurking at your borders and a weak economy.
    There just has to be a way to make Lithaunia stop attacking with stacks of Ducals other then totally defeating them.

When I played England, Germany attacked me many times, but after I defeated their armies they came asking for peace. And that peace lasted for a while then.
    Lithaunia never stopped attacking.

Maybe the Lithaunians are supposed to be warlike because of their pagan culture, like the scandinavians during Charlemagne's reign. The only way to stop them was by forcing them into Christianity or headlesness. They also never stopped raiding.
    I believe Charlemagne didn't lose reputation over that. It brought peace.
    Same way I should not get bad reputation if I put them to the sword after battle. They are vicious bad dudes these Ducal Demons. They never stopped attacking me
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by William the Silent; August 25, 2023 at 08:50 PM.

I think the phenomenon "if a condition is incorrect then there's no limit" may kick in here, and there's an unlimited number available. Good catch, I'd say, if proven right.

Quote Originally Posted by eyelurker View Post
    That maybe why i can recruit a lot of Imam as Zengids and why Fatimids just casually have 5 Imam in Jerusalem
    No, this is because the AI factions get bonus in number of their immams:

Code:
        small_masjid city requires factions { egypt, abbasid, moors, turks, rum, zengid, } and building_present_min_level builders builders1
        {
          convert_to 0
          capability
          {
    		recruit_pool	"Mutatawwi Warriors"  0.8   0.09   2  0  requires factions { turks, rum, abbasid, moors, zengid, egypt, } and event_counter jihad_ongoing 1
    		recruit_pool	"Mutatawwi Warriors"  0.8   0.25   2  0  requires factions { turks, rum, abbasid, moors, zengid, egypt, } and event_counter jihad_ongoing 1 and not event_counter is_the_player 1

agent priest  0  requires factions { middle_eastern, } and hidden_resource capital
            agent_limit priest 0	
    		agent_limit priest 1 requires factions { middle_eastern, } and hidden_resource capital
            agent_limit priest 1 requires factions { middle_eastern, } and event_counter FL_policy_strictly_religious 1
            agent_limit priest 1 requires factions { middle_eastern, } and not event_counter is_the_player 1

religion_level bonus 1

law_bonus bonus 1
            population_health_bonus bonus 1	

;---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ; UPKEEP/INCOME		
    		income_bonus bonus -50
          }
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; August 26, 2023 at 02:40 AM.

Is he a teenager? What intelligence does he have?
    He is 21 years old with normal intelligence. But I think I moved him to the city when he was younger.

Quote Originally Posted by Desperado Outlaw View Post
    He is 21 years old with normal intelligence. But I think I moved him to the city when he was younger.
    So now it's too late for him.
    It's possible that he hasn't learnt enough to get the level. It's always stochastic. See here.