Thread: Glitched family tree?

Default Glitched family tree?

turn 243 as scotland. you can imagine my family tree is long and convoluted. i also had some distant and not-so-distant cousin marriages to reconcile Malcolm III's bloodline between the main branch and junior houses, especially when i couldnt get enough sons, and had to let an English lord breed his blood into ours. whats up with all the daughters BTW? i constantly get daughters, 0 sons. my generals are all aging men, and i don't have enough governors that all my lands are suffering public disorder.

anyways, i've gotten multiple family birth notifications now, but everytime i go to check it, there's nothing new. this has happened more than 3 times now, so i know i'm not imagining it, i don't see any babies. could this be related to the free princess mechanic? because the free princesses are "of Scottish blood" (counts as royal family related) but they don't show on the family tree because they were added in manually. i really need kids badly, i never thought that would be my issue in medieval 2. its stopping me from taking over all of england, because i can't govern what i take, with London rebelling multiple times and my faction leader even died in a riot there, which i reloaded because i think thats unfair. that, and the pope not minding his business

i would upload a pic of the family tree but TWC's posting doesn't seem to let me add attachments

Default Re: Glitched family tree?

im past year 1300 now. i have many family members i can't see. my family tree has been rewritten over, but it only shows a small section. is this a known issue? it made me stop caring about family trees now since it no longer works, i just treat them as generals. but i do try to pay more attention to the ones with "of scottish blood" so i know my ancient line is still around

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Sllhouette View Post
    im past year 1300 now. i have many family members i can't see. my family tree has been rewritten over, but it only shows a small section. is this a known issue? it made me stop caring about family trees now since it no longer works, i just treat them as generals. but i do try to pay more attention to the ones with "of scottish blood" so i know my ancient line is still around
    upload a save, I'll be happy to have a look

i see now. its because i had so many usurpers going back and forth through different trees. when someone would usurp, it would show a new royal tree, with only immediate relations. once that line failed to produce a good heir, it reverted back to my old, widespread family tree from 100 years ago. i can see all the old line again. it doesnt mean the usurper royals are dead; their family still exists, they are just no longer THE royal family. when plagues would hit, it would show too many names in a settlement affected, even if i only had one governor there and maybe 2 agents, but they didnt exist in any tree. now i can see these "invisible" families again. i dont remember this tree swapping ever happening in M2 or SS 6.4. this is a new SSHIP thing? its actually kind of cool...

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Sllhouette View Post
    i see now. its because i had so many usurpers going back and forth through different trees. when someone would usurp, it would show a new royal tree, with only immediate relations. once that line failed to produce a good heir, it reverted back to my old, widespread family tree from 100 years ago. i can see all the old line again. it doesnt mean the usurper royals are dead; their family still exists, they are just no longer THE royal family. when plagues would hit, it would show too many names in a settlement affected, even if i only had one governor there and maybe 2 agents, but they didnt exist in any tree. now i can see these "invisible" families again. i dont remember this tree swapping ever happening in M2 or SS 6.4. this is a new SSHIP thing? its actually kind of cool...
    I've heard about two family trees, it's not the SSHIP thing, and me, I haven't deliberately coded it. Maybe it was coded for the previous versions of the SSHIP, but it's rather a legacy of the SS6.4