Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738 LastLast

Thread: [Release]KCC (Kostic Chronology Costumes) - included in the SSHIP 098

Semisalis

Default Re: [Release]KCC (Kostic Chronology Costumes)

yes you are perfectly right. in this regard MEDII is probably even harder than recent TW games, where you can just upgrade an old unit into a new one altogether. i was just sharing some random ideas from the top of my head. i must admit that your units are the most good looking and historical accurate i have ever seen on a MEDII mod. MEDII always lacked a purely historically focused mod like EB for rome 1. keep up the good work please!

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

@Goffredo85 : Thank you for your support. Here is a redesign of the EE Spear Militia for their 3 levels (here for the Russians from kyiv)

yes kostic, good job! The old vanilla model has finally been replaced by the new EE spear militia, I understand that they will be available for Poland, Hungary, Nogvorod, Kievan Rus and Cumans?The rusichi models along with your personal touch have turned out very well
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

I think two versions of Russian infantry spearmen would be better:

1. Peasants - with hats, clothes and simple shields without ornaments
    2. Militia spearmen - with helmets, light armor and shields with ornaments
    Georgian Medieval Shields By Khevsur

https://www.mediafire.com/file/017uq....2023.rar/file

The mounted servants are now available for Scottish ...

Good kostic!! But irc scotland have many light cavalry units no? Hobilars, Border horses and now mounted sergeants...
    Don't you think there are too many units with similar functions? Or is it planned to transform and give unique units?
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

it's good. But the Scottish Highlanders and
    Scots warriors(shields,axes) with two-handed axes(helmets) is similar to vanilla and boring. An artistic remaster would be nice

Does this work with SSHIP 0.9.8?

@Sinctova : This will probably be available when the next version SSHIP 098 comes out
    @j.a.luna : I follow @Jurand's guidelines. The Mounted sergeants must be available in the event of conquest according to what he explained to me.
    @Khevsur : Indeed, many of Scotland's units will be rebuilt one of these days.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinctova View Post
    Does this work with SSHIP 0.9.8?
    It's included in 0.98. New posts here tell what will be in the next edition of the SSHIP.

Default Re: [Release]KCC (Kostic Chronology Costumes) - included in the SSHIP 098

I saw the feature rich models on the campaign maps and now I see that is your work! Nice job!
    "See that they are well supplied with beverages, with their drink avidity satisfied by giving them as much beverages they want. Then they will easily get defeated by their lust of yeast as by roman arms" Tacitus, Germania 23

Default Re: [Release]KCC (Kostic Chronology Costumes) - included in the SSHIP 098

Thank you but I didn't redo all the models for the campaign map; many originate from Rusichi Total War.
    Most of my work consists mainly of redoing the battle units so that they are more beautiful and more historical !

As promised but a little late, here is my work in progress on garrison units to respond to @Jurand's plan.
    What's special about this spear garrison is that these 3 examples show the same unit!
    It is by combining various elements from each culture and putting mattes on the layer behind the texture that I manage to give this same unit different appearances. A lot of patience, but since it works, it's rewarding!

Spear garrison for west faction

Even Spear garrison but for middle east faction

And even Spear garrison for east faction

The work is in progress. Each faction will have its garrison (except the rebels because there is only one name to describe the rebels whether they are from the west or the east, from the north or the south)
    This requires making around sixty new textures...

Woow friend! This will be a great improvement for sship mod!I guess you'll have to explain to us how it works...
    - I suppose there are several types of garrison units, spearmen, archers, crossbowmen...
    - Will they be military levies or militiamen?
    - Will they have free upkeep?
    - They will be both for castles and cities but according to their level? For example, a castle can get 3 garrison units and a citadel 6 units...
    -If I understand correctly, there will be 3 cultural types of units (western, eastern Europe and middle east) and there will also be differences between each faction, right?
    - For the steppe culture like Cumans and Mongols, I understand that they used the Easter European models, right? or maybe you can also add it for them...
    - Will they have armor upgrades? Will they differ in stats from militias or other lower class troops such as levy crossbowmen?

*** I know there are a lot of questions but the truth is that it has caused me a great sensation to know that there will be a garrison script for sship, this will make the sieges even more real and difficult!

+++ rep for your hard work cost! On many social networks and YouTube I see comments from people where they love the mod, plus there are more and more playgames and videos about sship mod and that is thanks to your unpaid work! Keep it up!
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Kostik I have a few questions
    1. How to make a map of textures - where all the textures will be for the unit

2. If I want the horse version of the infantry, how can I put the infantry on the horse?

3. How to give several types of weapons and helmets to the unit?

4. Can I do all this with only Blender, Gimp and Itwe?

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    Woow friend! This will be a great improvement for sship mod!I guess you'll have to explain to us how it works...
    - I suppose there are several types of garrison units, spearmen, archers, crossbowmen...
    Yes
    - Will they be military levies or militiamen?
    According to @Jurand, these units will only appear in towns or castles when they are depleted or with too few defenders
    - Will they have free upkeep?
    I guess
    - They will be both for castles and cities but according to their level? For example, a castle can get 3 garrison units and a citadel 6 units...
    The more important the city or castle, the more potential defenders there will be.
    -If I understand correctly, there will be 3 cultural types of units (western, eastern Europe and middle east) and there will also be differences between each faction, right?
    Yes
    - For the steppe culture like Cumans and Mongols, I understand that they used the Easter European models, right? or maybe you can also add it for them...
    Based on the eastern culture, I could indeed make a slightly different texture to better characterize the Cumans. Maybe not in my first version because each storage modification in my textures takes time
    - Will they have armor upgrades? Will they differ in stats from militias or other lower class troops such as levy crossbowmen?
    Overall, these will be rather weaker units than the militia because they lack training. These garrison units represent ordinary citizens who arm themselves to save their city

*** I know there are a lot of questions but the truth is that it has caused me a great sensation to know that there will be a garrison script for sship, this will make the sieges even more real and difficult!

+++ rep for your hard work cost! On many social networks and YouTube I see comments from people where they love the mod, plus there are more and more playgames and videos about sship mod and that is thanks to your unpaid work! Keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by Khevsur View Post
    Kostik I have a few questions
    1. How to make a map of textures - where all the textures will be for the unit
    If I understand your question correctly, the textures are located in the "textures" or "attachmentsets" folders and must be converted to .dds to be read

2. If I want the horse version of the infantry, how can I put the infantry on the horse?
    To put infantry on horses, you just need to give them the right animation.
    This can be found in the battle_models.modeldb in the last lines assigned to a unit.
    Be careful that riders often have a first animation (for example attack with a lying spear) and a 2nd when they are in contact (they then fight with their sword)

3. How to give several types of weapons and helmets to the unit?
    I use Milshape3D and Zar's "Toolbox"...(I forgot the name) which allows the conversion of textures, from .mesh to .ms3D and vice versa, which also allows you to mix two 3D models...
    it's a long learning process and there are tutorials to better explain

4. Can I do all this with only Blender, Gimp and Itwe?
    I don't know. Personally, I use Photoshop and Milshape3D + the texture and .mesh covertifiers that you can find on the site I think. I have no idea how the software you have works.
    Last edited by kostic; December 22, 2023 at 04:20 PM.

Marble Emperor's Avatar Tiro

Good work Kostic! Can’t wait for the next SSHIP update!

Hi kostic some news or new screens about the next version and your great units models?? Looking forward to seeing your new work friend!
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Hi @J.a.luna, we are waiting for @Jurand. It's been several weeks since my patch is ready but it hasn't been seen by the chef yet!
    As I'm a bit lazy about making images for the units, I'll just give you the list of what's been done:

Kostic addon 2024.03.01
    - EDU correction so that light swordsmen are actually available for aragon, france , england, jerusalem

- Minor improvements to light swordsmen, spearmen ug1, norman spearmen

- New image info for Muslim factions

Kostic addon 2024.01.31
    Added the descr_rebel_factions file for the use of garrison units in campaign

Kostic addon 2024.01.25

New units
    - spear garrison - soldier: peasants
    - sword garrison - soldier: southern_peasant
    - archer garrison - soldier: sudanese_gunners
    - crossbowmen garrison - soldier: sudanese_javelinmen

Units rework
    - Slav levies
    - Transilvanian peasants (saxons)
    - Changing the horses of the eastern bodyguards(Rus-Kiev-Lithuania-Serbia)
    - Chude militia (turn javelins into spearmen)
    - Mounted Crossbowmen - also for Jerusalem, France and Hungary
    - Mounted Sergeants - also for England, Poland and Hungary, Denmark and Norway
    - Arab Cavalry - also for the Abbasids
    - Axe Militia - also for Poland, Hungary
    - EE Crossbow Militia - also for Lithuania (after some urbanization)
    - S Peasant Archers - also for Serbia
    - Merchant Cavalry Militia - also for Serbia
    - Urban Crossbow Militia - for Scotland and England (when the faction expands outside Scotland)
    - Halberd Militia - for France, Norway, Denmark - the same reason
    - Change the square shields of the Italian militias
    - Italian cavalry militia (texture for serbia)
    - Images prussian archers for Hungary
    - Dismounted boyars
    - Boyars
    - Spear Militia (for Lithuania)
    - Mounted Sergeants (for Scotland)
    - Light swordsmen for Aragon, France, England, Jerusalem
    - Pavise Crossbowmen (for Hungary)
    - Late Pikemen (for Jerusalem)
    - Portuguese Arquebusiers (for Scotland)
    - Dismounted Arab Cavalry (for Abbasids)
    - Adath cavalry militia ug2
    - Dismounted/Norman knights (textures for Hre, France, Jerusalem)
    - Rus bodyguard/Serbs bodyguard
    - Porte-étendards XIIIe
    - Officiers XIIIe
    - Swabian swordsmen (unit to think about: either late with two-handed sword, or from the 13th century but one-handed sword)
    - Slavic levy archers
    - Slavic spearmen
    - Spear militia (EE_spear_militia)
    - Forest archers
    - Dismounted druzhina
    - Druzhina