Thread: severity rate of riots?

Default severity rate of riots?

i've been keeping the pope under control because i assassinate each new one every turn. they can't stop me from taking on my neighbors, they would stop me every damn turn. i got unlucky, and my master assassin got killed on the job, getting me excommunicated on the spot. next turn, i lose 3 of my generals in riots. how are they so easy to kill?

i'm pissed because one of them was a young prodigy, with a mentor or tutor, already at commander-in-chief master training and was going to see a long campaign for me. he's instantly killed, and the castle he took will somehow eject my full army and then spawn their own full army, as if there weren't just occupied by me.

it wouldn't make sense that a civilian riot could kill the general, especially since they're completely suppressed and theres a gigantic elite army in the city. these citizens must be from assassins creed to get through my entire guard and kill my general.

so i guess my question is, whats the severity rate of these riots? i feel its too high if next turn i instantly lose 3 generals/governors. i would be forced to have every family member exit their cities and let them burn, instead of risking their life

Default Re: severity rate of riots?

What's more infuriating than being kicked out of a garrisoned settlement, losing the settlement income, losing the free upkeep, and then simultaneously getting hit with full upkeep, "campaigning in foreign lands" for 1-2 turns, "besieging settlement" for 1 turn, and army-without-a-general for a turn? having it happen in multiple places simultaneously.

I would agree that the severity rate is too high.

If anything, these should be rebel armies spawned that immediately besiege the settlements, and then if you lose, you lose the province. not losing it by default and then you have to scramble to take it back. again, infuriating.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Sllhouette View Post
    i've been keeping the pope under control because i assassinate each new one every turn. they can't stop me from taking on my neighbors, they would stop me every damn turn. i got unlucky, and my master assassin got killed on the job, getting me excommunicated on the spot. next turn, i lose 3 of my generals in riots. how are they so easy to kill?

i'm pissed because one of them was a young prodigy, with a mentor or tutor, already at commander-in-chief master training and was going to see a long campaign for me. he's instantly killed, and the castle he took will somehow eject my full army and then spawn their own full army, as if there weren't just occupied by me.

it wouldn't make sense that a civilian riot could kill the general, especially since they're completely suppressed and theres a gigantic elite army in the city. these citizens must be from assassins creed to get through my entire guard and kill my general.

so i guess my question is, whats the severity rate of these riots? i feel its too high if next turn i instantly lose 3 generals/governors. i would be forced to have every family member exit their cities and let them burn, instead of risking their life
    I'd think this turn of the events is not so bad. Assassinating the pope turn after turn is not so historical. Excommunication should have some consequences, so riots are justified. Then the mob rebellions were feared so much excatly because they could bring death to those otherwise spared from the difficulties of life.
    Severity rate of excommunications - frankly speaking: I don't know. Never modded this part of the game.

you're right. i did abuse the pope-killing, and i'm rightly excommunicated, should've been ages ago. riots do matter, and its why i took great pains to avoid unrest, and i put all my conquests and plans on hold to restore order when it happens. my only issue with it is how easy family members die in those riots. if i wanted to, i could annihilate the entire city with those full garrison stacks. its ridiculous some angry peasant can throw a brick at my satan's-avatar-on-earth of a general's head, without the whole city being put to the sword. higher soldier/citizen deaths is okay, even greater chance of city rebellion is okay. general death is too punishing