Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: [Submod] Strategikos

Default Re: [Submod] Strategikos

Quote Originally Posted by stupides Throwawayoui View Post
    i cant seem to make the mod run properly, when trying to launch it using the m2tweop exe, the shortcut for it in the data folder never works, and the original one for it in the ebii folder works 1/3 times, it either crashes on startup or gives me a fatal graphics error

when it does work however, it crashes when I load a campaign, it shows initially the first loading screen for when loading a campaign, then after a second it changes to another background, with no quote, and it crashes
    I can, however, start a new campaign but never load one (((((((

I can use SOME of the mod features, by using the EB2 launcher, and I get to use features like the toggle regions, all the text changes and independent tribe names, and the "attack enemies in front" commands which are super convenient, but the battle scripts and surrendering only happen so rarely, that I don't know if they only work at the beginning of the campaign and cease working later, or if they are fine but are rare. however I never got a conspiracy event or the event where you take a city by treachery/break down the walls etc. and in the loading screen on startup I dont see "M2TWEOP 1.9"

helpppppppppppppppp :c
    Partially answered on discord.

So there is a problem of CTD with saves when they are loaded from the campaign map, but it can be circumvented by loading saves from the main menu.

About the random scripts (conspiracy, stratagemata, etc...), well they are...random^^...so it can be too frequent or too rare, that's really a question of chance (and random things are also not very reliable on this game). In the next version, using lua scripting, there will be a (better) option menu where you will be able to modify some parameters like you want (chance, etc..) for each script.

For the surrender, it partly depends on the situation, and the script works how it can xD (with a shameful system of automatically deleted messages). The increase of the lethality with the last version of the mod probably doesn't help also (the script was done before), so the window to check the army strength is smaller and the battle could end before the next verification. I will rewrite this script later in lua, it will be more reliable and precise.

For "M2TWEOP 1.9" not showing, it's a known bug of this old version of the tool, it's not a problem.

can i use localization? Or is it just English?

Quote Originally Posted by Olegmudrii View Post
    can i use localization? Or is it just English?
    No, not without editing the text files of the translation you use (for historic_events, advices, traits, ancillaries, etc...).

I have a question: It is not possible to enable point (h - Question marks are no more visible for enemy settlements and character details.)?
    Last edited by Mattus; January 07, 2023 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Erken View Post
    - Fixed: heir traits are now removed when the character is no longer heir (potential successor is maybe still here though...)
    Was this fixed? I downloaded this version and the trait is still there (also trying to remove it through console commands only gives an error message, for whatever reason...).

Sorry the vaguely late answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattus View Post
    I have a question: It is not possible to enable point (h - Question marks are no more visible for enemy settlements and character details.)?
    No, the UI files are edited for this. The next version will use another system, more complex, but which can be disabled at will (and partly customizable).

Quote Originally Posted by Aodh Mór Ó Néill View Post
    Was this fixed? I downloaded this version and the trait is still there (also trying to remove it through console commands only gives an error message, for whatever reason...).
    I don't remember sorry^^'. I'll check this for the next version.

Looking forward to Strategikos submod update for EBII v.2.4x, but I'm aware that it could take some time!

In the meantime, would it be possible to only use the "choose your heir" through the family tree (with penalties) from Strategikos in EBII v.2.4x? If so, how could it be done? I could upload this small adaptation if it helps, but unsure how easily doable is.

It's really surprising that this fundamental and removed feature from RTW within M2TW, which have been missed for more than a decade among modders and players, is not already included by default within EBII after having made it possible through M2TWEOP for some time.

Thank you very much for all your work in Strategikos and EBII!!
    Last edited by jdofo; January 14, 2024 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jdofo View Post
    Looking forward to Strategikos submod update for EBII v.2.4x, but I'm aware that it could take some time!

In the meantime, would it be possible to only use the "choose your heir" through the family tree (with penalties) from Strategikos in EBII v.2.4x? If so, how could it be done? I could upload this small adaptation if it helps, but unsure how easily doable is.

It's really surprising that this fundamental and removed feature from RTW within M2TW, which have been missed for more than a decade among modders and players, is not already included by default within EBII after having made it possible through M2TWEOP for some time.

Thank you very much for all your work in Strategikos and EBII!!
    I have updated the old version of Strategikos for eb2 2.4a: download

Before to install it, you need to delete the following files (eop v2xxx) from your ebii folder though:

- eopbattles
    - eopdata
    - eopredistributables
    - youneuoy_data
    - m2tweop gui.exe
    - m2tweoplibrary.dll
    - imgui.ini
    - lua5.1.dll
    - openal32.dll
    - libfbxsdk.dll
    - d3d9.dll

Since i don't know when the next one will be ready, it's probably the best (temporary) solution. Nevertheless, the Poliorketika script is disabled. The inner walls of the new carthaginian cities is a problem for the command breaching walls, so don't use it (otherwise you will sometimes be able to start a siege battle, but the breach will then be on the inner wall, and without siege engines, you will then lose the battle).

I will also do a little preview of the new version in the coming days (so you can see why it's taking so long xD).

So, here's a preview of some of the things to come in the next version:

First, a new options menu with clickable buttons. Each time the scroll is closed, the settings are saved, and remain valid for all campaigns. In all, there are currently around 170 adjustable parameters (mainly checkboxes), and 19 global parameters (on/off) for disabling each script category.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Next, a new version of the civil navigation script that can be used by agents as well as generals without armies. A scroll appears when the character is in a port. For agents, a choice of destinations is available (inspired as far as possible by historical sea routes), while for generals, only a customized destination is accessible due to the exceptional nature of the convoy (the destination port must not also be under enemy control). Passengers can also be killed by storms or pirates, or held to ransom.

Foreign armies and settlements scrolls have also been reworked to enhance intelligence gathering. Thus, information about an army in enemy territory is only available when a spy is adjacent to it, or if a military force is on the edge of the control zone (inside the zone, the encounter is considered fortuitous, so no reconnaissance could have been carried out). Depending on the settings, reconnaissance reports can be minimalist (number of infantry and cavalry units only), fragmentary (units can be reported as heavy, light, etc...), or detailled (no indeterminate units).

Also, the description of the train allows to know if the army is well supplied or not, while the pace if there is wounded soldiers.

For fleets, the scroll only indicates the number of squadrons (accompanied with pictures of the ships ordinary used by the faction). Navigation conditions, weather and activity give an advantage to the attacker or defender, depending of the situation (through a trait). The system follows this rules:

- In the event of a significant swell, the most experienced fleet has an advantage, especially if there is a large difference in level.
    - Depending on the strength of the wind, vessels under sail only will be favoured or penalised.
    - If the weather is unstable, a storm can damage fleets, regardless of the outcome of the battle.
    - A fleet landed ashore will have to embark urgently, and will therefore be penalised (the effect will depend on the admiral's level).
    - A fleet travelling at high speed will suffer a fatigue penalty, while a fleet at anchor will benefit from a freshness bonus.
    - An admiral fighting in his territorial waters will have an advantage thanks to his knowledge of the coastline and sailing conditions.

The number of towed ships is an indication of the presence of troop transport or captured ships.

For foreign settlements, you need to have a spy or a diplomat close to the city or having commercial agreements with the owner (in this case your (virtual) merchant network gathers intelligence). It's rather complicated, so i won't go into detail, but in brief all characters don't have access to the same information and options (diplomats have a mercenary viewer and diplomatic options), and when no character is present you can only see the last report.

There is much more things, but let's say it sufficient for a first preview^^.

Really impressive work, I'm already salivating and craving for more!!!

Does it imply that there would be deeper/more possible diplomatic actions (e.g. make specific agreements with towns/cities within a faction, in order to get supplies and local troops)?

Really curious about "Domestic Politics" and "Economics" too, but one can only dream about a good representation of internal politics/sub-factions fighting for power and their interests, civil wars and dynamic gameplay: you could become one of the major powers but suffer instability periods, when good part of what had been achieved is lost and have to be recovered, if possible, or could be the decay of your faction.

CA didn't seek/manage to create innovative gameplay for too many years already, so only modders can still make us dream of what could have been, or it's maybe somehow closer since M2TWEOP.

Many thanks for the quick update to v.2.4a too!!

The relationships with each region are important for different reasons (supply, mercenary recruitment, etc...), and some minor agreements can then be conclude with independent cities (in return for a military protection).

Domestic politics is still wip, but it notably contains conspiracy scripts, military coups, etc...

For the economics, it's finished but i have a minor (but boring) bug to fix:

Semisalis

Amazing features and very professional UI elements. What about an auto replenishment script for AI stacks, so to avoid full stacks with 20 man units. It would really help the AI out.

Quote Originally Posted by Goffredo85 View Post
    Amazing features and very professional UI elements. What about an auto replenishment script for AI stacks, so to avoid full stacks with 20 man units. It would really help the AI out.
    Good idea, i will add an option for this. I have a similar thing for the player, but only for allied states. Otherwise, the replenishment (for the player) is based on the recruitment region (e.g. units recruited in the Latium can only be replenished in this region).

Semisalis

Glad that you liked the idea! It's good that the system is there for the player too, albeit with severe restrictions, as you said. i must say that as much as the auto replenishment of newer total wars is dumb, so the old retraining is extremely tedious especially in mods with an extensive AOR like EB II. But imho the AI should be able to auto replenish at a reasonable rate in any place and circumstance, be it generals or captains, inside settlement or outside. just not when embarked or under siege ofc. this would really help keep fully replenished AI stacks around so we can enjoy more challenging battles. Which version of the EOP are you going to use? The lastest 3.0.1?
    Last edited by Goffredo85; January 21, 2024 at 06:17 AM.

I am already on the v 3.0.1, and i have updated all my scripts for this version. There was a major change in the way events are used in the v 3 though, so i still have to check a few things.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Incredible work

Semisalis

another nice addition would be regarding armour upgrades, but i dont know if it is possible at all through the EOP. since the ai cannot retrain units it means that once a certain armour upgrade becomes available for certain units, all units recruited before it was made available will not be upgraded. granted all newly trained units will get it at least. but even worse are mercenaries which can only get an armour upgrade if retrained so it basically means that the AI cannot get access to this bonus at all. it would be nice to have a system that checks if an upgrade has been made available and then checks for AI units that could get it and automatically upgrades them. or something along those lines. again not sure it is possible at all, even with the EOP.

Quote Originally Posted by Goffredo85 View Post
    another nice addition would be regarding armour upgrades, but i dont know if it is possible at all through the EOP. since the ai cannot retrain units it means that once a certain armour upgrade becomes available for certain units, all units recruited before it was made available will not be upgraded. granted all newly trained units will get it at least. but even worse are mercenaries which can only get an armour upgrade if retrained so it basically means that the AI cannot get access to this bonus at all. it would be nice to have a system that checks if an upgrade has been made available and then checks for AI units that could get it and automatically upgrades them. or something along those lines. again not sure it is possible at all, even with the EOP.
    Armour can be upgraded depending on buildings, that's not a problem with eop. But i have already a lot of thing to finish, improve, polish, so i will avoid to add other things for now, otherwise i will never release anything^^.

Quote Originally Posted by Erken View Post
    But i have already a lot of thing to finish, improve, polish, so i will avoid to add other things for now, otherwise i will never release anything^^.
    Good decision, Erken.
    Also: your preview for the new version is mouthwatering anyway, already, so no need to add even more to the plate.
    I may perhaps have some spare time to actually play EB II again (after literally years of absence from the game ) so I'd love to see you release the next version of your fantastic mod sometime this year, if at all possible.

Keep up the great work - I may not be much active here anymore but I'm still reading and anticipating.
    Last edited by Shadowwalker; January 26, 2024 at 03:30 PM.

Semisalis

yes ofc it was just a suggestion, maybe for future releases...