Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance 1.0 released June 26 2022

Can you upload your save?

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by HannibalExMachina View Post
    Can't load your save. If someone else is able to load it let me know.

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

i checked again. worked before i posted it, now it doesnt. seems both saves i had for this campaign are corrupted or stuff. i guess you could simply try to attack the settlement as NK, the bug happens no matter what.

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

I moved an army there and took the settlement without any issues. I can only hazard a guess that there is a problem with your installation. If anyone else can check I would appreciate it.

Found an error in your Elendil model, Louis. The tassets (under the designation of plates), instead of attachments, it went to figure.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Elendil tasset.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	165.4 KB 
ID:	368276

It's not necessarily an error, sometimes the converter scrambles things to the invisible realm and they migrate towards figure even though they are UV mapped under attachments. What should be done is move the UV coordinates and reassign it to figure. Otherwise in game it will be assigned to attachments.
    DCI: Last Alliance: Unit maker. Proud member of The Imperial House of Hader

Titus le Chmakus's Avatar Biarchus
    Skiing on the Spine of the World or hunting in Lurkwood

Hi guys I'm experiencing something weird. The game CTD when begining a battle. Right after the loading screen. It does not even end the loading bar, CTD just before it gets completed...
    The weird thing is that it does not happen with DaC. I have 2 TATW folders (the DaC one renamed) and only my DCI crashes. It happens when sieging a settlement. I have tried sieging a settlement on DaC and everything loads properly. Not DCI...

Any idea ?

Here is the end of my log (which is huge btw)

14:46:41.168 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 149129 in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    14:46:41.169 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 149141 in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    14:46:41.169 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <dismiss_advice> at line 91773 in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    14:46:41.169 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <select_ui_element> at line 91774 in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    14:46:41.169 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <simulate_mouse_click> at line 91775 in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    14:46:41.221 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/Third_Age_3/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing
    14:46:41.222 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/Third_Age_3/data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga.dds is missing
    14:46:42.167 [system.io] [warning] open: data/models_effects/building_fire_glow.cas is missing
    14:46:42.167 [system.io] [warning] open: data/models_engine/heavy_onager_torches.cas is missing
    14:46:42.342 [system.io] [warning] open: data/models_effects/grape.CAS is missing
    14:46:42.380 [system.io] [warning] open: data/models_effects/textures/weapons_spears.texture is missing
    14:46:42.387 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/Third_Age_3/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing
    14:46:44.520 [system.io] [warning] open: data/descr_fire_texture_list.txt is missing
    14:46:44.658 [system.io] [warning] open: data/textures/#al_outline.tga.dds is missing
    14:46:44.665 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/Third_Age_3/data/text/prebattle_speeches_subtitles.txt.strings.bin is missing
    14:46:44.805 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/Third_Age_3/data/text/prebattle_speeches_subtitles.txt is missing
    14:46:44.806 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/Third_Age_3/data/text/battle_event_subtitles.txt.strings.bin is missing
    14:46:44.964 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/Third_Age_3/data/text/battle_event_subtitles.txt is missing
    14:46:44.965 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/Third_Age_3/data/text/historic_battles_subtitles.txt.strings.bin is missing
    14:46:44.973 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/Third_Age_3/data/text/historic_battles_subtitles.txt is missing
    14:46:46.493 [system.io] [warning] open: data/unit_models/_Generals_and_Captains/Northern_Captain/slave_general_lod0.mesh is missing
    14:46:47.218 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Thanks for any help

>14:46:46.493 [system.io] [warning] open: data/unit_models/_Generals_and_Captains/Northern_Captain/slave_general_lod0.mesh is missing

Hmmmmm, did that particular model exists in the files?
    Better check it.

I think I found our problem.
    The folder in question doesn't exist, clearly a BMDB error.
    The file in question located on unit_models/_generals_and_captains/generals.
    Just replace the word Northern_Captain with Generals in the BMDB, and you're good to go.

This is strange because in my own folder I do have the folder \unit_models\_generals_and_captains\northern_captain that contains the slave_general_lod0.mesh in question.
    DCI: Last Alliance: Unit maker. Proud member of The Imperial House of Hader

Maybe the public release doesn't have it, even though it's there by default after you overwritten the TATW files.

Titus le Chmakus's Avatar Biarchus
    Skiing on the Spine of the World or hunting in Lurkwood

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Memory View Post
    This is strange because in my own folder I do have the folder \unit_models\_generals_and_captains\northern_captain that contains the slave_general_lod0.mesh in question.
    I do have it too. And I'm using public release...

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderofMordor View Post
    I think I found our problem.
    The folder in question doesn't exist, clearly a BMDB error.
    The file in question located on unit_models/_generals_and_captains/generals.
    Just replace the word Northern_Captain with Generals in the BMDB, and you're good to go.
    Should I replace ALL the Northern_Captain with Generals in BMDB ? Ot just one of them ? There are 190 occurences of Northern_Captains in the BMDB ... If I replace them all with notepad, CTD when launching game...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Titus le Chmakus View Post

Should I replace ALL the Northern_Captain with Generals in BMDB ? Ot just one of them ? There are 190 occurences of Northern_Captains in the BMDB ... If I replace them all with notepad, CTD when launching game...

Thanks
    Either replace it or import that file from vanilla TATW.

My recommendation: replace it, all of it.
    Before you do that, check if the model and textures are there from the actual location before replacing the BMDB entry.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12