Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [FoTS] Imperial/shogunate vanguard units retexture v1.0

Default Re: Imperial/shogunate vanguard units retexture

Excellent stuff. I'm loving the new look. THOSE guys look like they serve the Emperor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Brian de Bois-Guilbert View Post
    the Church has only improved mankind in history

For this there are words, but none that abide by the ToS.

MightyMouse's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by robinzx View Post
    Seeing as there is some demand for this sort of thing I've gone about reskinning imperial/shogunate units to have their vanguard colour scheme regardless of clan colours. The immediate effect will be that these units will have a different colour to the rest of your men. Should hopefully make them stand out and feel more special in your mass of dark green/blue/brown clad infantry.

Sneak peeks below - colours and design are taken from an Osprey book on the matter.

Imperial infantry

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Imperial guard infantry

Imperial guard cavalry

Why is Fidel Castro on a horse? o.0

Shogunate infantry done. I will use the same (more faded) blue for the other shogunate units.
    The Wings of Destiny - A FotS AAR (Chapter 12 - Updated Apr 24)
    Takeda - a Shogun 2 AAR (Completed) Reviewed by Radzeer

My writing | My art | About me | Sekigahara Campaign - Developer

~~Under the proud patronage of Radzeer, Rogue Bodemloze. Patron of Noif de Bodemloze, Heiro de Bodemloze, and Hitai de Bodemloze~~

Kind of makes them look like there wearing pj's
    Rome > Darthmod Med2:K > SS6.4, Rule_Brittania, Broken Crescent Empire > Empire Realism Napoleon > Darthmod Shogun 2 > True Samurai, [WIP] Mettle Blades and Skills

Tired of changing steam Launcher options for Med 2/Kingdoms mods? use Kingdoms App Launcher

Funniest Thread in Rome 2 history: The new "you got the sandals wrong" thread.

Looks great except for the shogunate infantry . The jacket with the white stripe at the side looks like the cheap jogging sweater I once owned .
    Thanks for your effort and btw , are you still working on your vintage portraits mod ?

Quote Originally Posted by Elchnase View Post
    Looks great except for the shogunate infantry . The jacket with the white stripe at the side looks like the cheap jogging sweater I once owned .
    Thanks for your effort and btw , are you still working on your vintage portraits mod ?
    Is it just the blue colour or something else? Because if you look at the book source I posted that's how these things looked. I'll take a look at readjusting the blue once I've got everything sorted.

The portraits mod is kind of at a standstill right now, mainly because there's this. I'm looking to add agent pics but struggling for historical pictures at the moment. It's not forgotten don't worry

~~Under the proud patronage of Radzeer, Rogue Bodemloze. Patron of Noif de Bodemloze, Heiro de Bodemloze, and Hitai de Bodemloze~~

Iīm not sure whether itīs the colour . I think itīs the white stripe down their side that doesnīt really fit . Anyway ,itīs an improvement to the original look and Iīll certainly download your mod at completion .

And it is done! Preview pics updated in the OP. Feedback and suggestions on further changes welcome

Thinking of maybe adding some more vanguard units in a future edition. Artillery corps perhaps?

Awesome! I think it was the colour that didn`t really fit for the shogunate blokes . Download and rep !

Default Re: Imperial/shogunate vanguard units retexture v1.0

Nicely done! I am implementing this into my current campaign after I type this message!
    Thanks again to devoting your time to produce this mod...

Awesome stuff! The new Shogunate colors definitely look better.

Downloading Now!
    Rome > Darthmod Med2:K > SS6.4, Rule_Brittania, Broken Crescent Empire > Empire Realism Napoleon > Darthmod Shogun 2 > True Samurai, [WIP] Mettle Blades and Skills

Tired of changing steam Launcher options for Med 2/Kingdoms mods? use Kingdoms App Launcher

Funniest Thread in Rome 2 history: The new "you got the sandals wrong" thread.

How about the Republican elite units ? Iīve never dared to switch from Shogunate or Imperial allegiance to Republic in a campaign but there should be some elite units,too.

There are republican infantry/guard/cavalry units but for the first release I figured it would be more logical if those stayed in the clan colours since they're....your units fighting for you.

I might make a set for them later on though - perhaps based on the black uniforms of the historical Meiji/Taisho era armies.

Jokern's Avatar Mowbray of Nottingham

Default Re: [FoTS] Imperial/shogunate vanguard units retexture v1.0

Maybe you could give the Republican Guard Infantry epaulettes? It would give them a more separate look from the Republican Infantry. And maybe also give them those trousers that are stuck into the boots, like the ones Imperial Infantry have? But stick with the faction colour in my opinion as they are "your own".

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by robinzx View Post
    No disrespect taken whatsoever. This is still very much at the experiment stage so suggestions are welcomed. Right now the colours I'm following are what the game has in the historical battles. If you have pics that reference how they actually looked in history then I'd be happy to use those.

EDIT: OP updated with a couple of pics of the imperial troops. Thoughts welcome.

EDIT 2: Found This website selling replica gear from the Boshin War. Anyone have an authoritative view on whether these are legit? I actually think they look rather boring (as military uniforms of the era and beyond generally did, admittedly) so I might stick with the game's interpretation, but nonetheless it would be interesting to know if these are authentic.
    Excellent work. I very much more prefer their historical vanguard colours vs palette swapping for clan affiliation. I hate palette swapping...that is what has ruined the Shinsengumis haori...
    by the way,what is the title of this osprey book,i have been looking for books in english concerning the boshin era units

mattebubben's Avatar Senator

Default Re: [FoTS] Imperial/shogunate vanguard units retexture v1.0

Nice mod just a few notes on the shogunate troops.
    Why is the Jingasa Blue? =P on all the pictures i can find its Black.
    And also i like the Cap u made but its not working fully =( there are jagged gaps and holes where u can see right through for example.
    But keep up the good work =).

I don't even see a download option lmao.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12