Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pants defiling moments

Default Pants defiling moments

Ever have that feeling while playing a game that you don't want to continue because it's too creepy? Ever had a headcrab jump at you and scare you half to death? Well, share your experience.

I was actually playing TESIV: Shivering Isles. Not a very scary game, right? Yeah well, i created an imperial knight and was walking the long way from the gates of Madness to New Sheoth. I was just minding my own business. I turn around, and at that very second some.. creature jumps at me, landing right in my face. As when someone jumps at you in Oblivion and you don't block, your thrown back, further adding to the scare. I really freaked out, and then smashed the thing with my awesome steel warhammer

And the feeling of being out in the wilderness in Stalker, hearing mutant dogs howl.. Really creepy.

The marine campaign in AVP2 is also frightening in the beginning. Most games just throw you into the action at the start, but you got at least 20 minutes of just running around in dark rooms before a couple of aliens come in through the ventilation shafts. First time you play it, you have no idea when it's going to start. You just know an alien will attack sometime. Seeing skinned human bodies and blood everywhere...

Tabell's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Pants defiling moments

System shock 2, the entire game is scary, but the worst bit is the android warehouse.
    In the days of lace-ruffles, perukes, and brocade
    Brown Bess was a partner whom none could despise -
    An out-spoken, flinty-lipped, brazen-faced jade,
    With a habit of looking men straight in the eyes -
    At Blenheim and Ramillies, fops would confess
    They were pierced to the heart by the charms of Brown Bess.

Roy Batty's Avatar Senator

Obviously I have to mention Doom 3. Someone else is bound to have mentioned it eventually, but I figured: "Why not be the first?"

Believe it or not, I was also scared ******** in Tomb Raider. Jumping around in the dark while lions and apes snarled from the shadows... you never knew when one was going to come into the light and take a swipe at you. Filthy mongrels.
    The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all.
    H. L. Mencken

In Oblivion (main game) in the vampire quest (the 1 where u have to go to the cave at night and kill the vampire). I played this with headphones on at night in a dark room. I was creeping stealthly through the cave, which was very dark due to a mod was using and I ran out of torches. I kept on going for a min not seeing anything when suddenly 3 evil looking vampires jumped on me, 1 with a 2h sword, another with a battleaxe and the 3rd blasting lightning, with me armed only with a bow. It scared the **** out of me!!

Several moments in FEAR scared me ****less, particularly ones involving that creepy little girl *shudders* didn't stop me playing it though.

spirit_of_rob's Avatar The force is my ally

pretty much all the project zero games lol
    Former Skinner/Modeller for EB Former Skinner/Modeller for Hegemonia

Patrician Opifex under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I and patron of the Opifex Tone

The opening of Parasite Eve, I don't know why.Could be the opera singing or the melting.Looking back its quite tame really
    Under the protection of jimkatalanos
    with further protection from
    Calvin R.I.P mate, Cúchulainn , Erebus26 , Paggers Jean-Jacques Rousseau
    and Future Filmmaker

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

Half Life 2 had a few moments that made me jump (ravenholm, at night, in my darkened room, hard difficulty). Other than that, FEAR's demo creeped me out. Other than that, not so much.

Osceola's Avatar Protector Domesticus

The Shadow Temple in Ocarina of Time.

... it's the music.
    Team Member <3

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Believe me or not, my pants were wet several times when I was playing Resident Evil 3, especially I was playing at 3am in morning!!

Quote Originally Posted by John I Tzimisces View Post
    Half Life 2 had a few moments that made me jump (ravenholm, at night, in my darkened room, hard difficulty).
    Yes, that is very true, especially the zombies would suddenly wake up behind you, or fast zombies would scream and run towards you.

Besides these two, I have not think a game that makes me jump... probably STALKER can be on the list but it is creepy only in two levels...

Oblivion tends to jump out at you.

VOP2288's Avatar Smokey the Bear
    Civitate

Hmm...well the earliest times I got a little creeped out while playing video games was with the original Doom when I was like...9 and 10.

From there it was like someone else said - the Shadow Temple in Zelda: Ocarina of Time but also just when you had to do anything near those weird zombie things (yikes). Also, the forest temple has some odd music.

Next would have to be moments in games like FEAR (like when you're flashlight will burn out just as you see the girl crawling for you etc) and Doom 3 - but with Doom 3 it wasn't being scared of the creepy atmosphere as much as it was being scared of giant mutant hell demons running at me (those things that look like messed up bear/rhinos?).

Also - near the end of Return to Wolfenstien when those half body super mutants come running at you (frightening until you let loose with that chaingun and mop the floor with them).
    Under the patronage of Pra

Addicted-Gamers.com - Up-and-coming game news website! Please support us!

when I was a kid (not too long ago) playing thief 2. sometimes I had to stop playing because I was too scared to keep going, so I started playing with my big brother

Roy Batty's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by VOP2288 View Post
    (those things that look like messed up bear/rhinos?).
    Pinkies, I believe. Yeah. They suck.
    The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all.
    H. L. Mencken

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by Shyam Popat View Post
    Oblivion tends to jump out at you.
    Oblivion is... not creepy because the music would always change when the enemy spot you, which give you time to run away, find a good ambush spot and loose your arrows. I would rather say I make the enemies feel creepy most time (I love to sneak around).

HL2 had a few of those moments for me. Mostly in Ravenholm but anytime a damn headcrap jumped out suddenly...

Angmar_nite's Avatar Domesticus
    Spearheading the 57000 dollar average salary invasion!!!!!!! CHINA WILL DOMINATE YOU ALL!!!!

Don't go to Ravenholm....

Jesus I hated that place. Nothing quite as fun or scary as making every bullet in your revolver matter while the crazy jumping zombies climb up a pipe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapax
    I guess in modern russia, tank builds you.

Doom 3: Not scary
    Half-Life 2: Ravenholm was scary as hell
    Far Cry: Crygens are scary mofos

VOP2288's Avatar Smokey the Bear
    Civitate

Ravenholm
    I totally forgot about that damn place...yeah...that was pretty scarey with those zombie alien pieces of crap jumping out at you all the time.
    Under the patronage of Pra

Addicted-Gamers.com - Up-and-coming game news website! Please support us!

Roshak's Avatar Senator

Half-Life 2 got my heart pumping. I was just playing the demo and got into Zombie town with all the everything-you-can-possibly-imagine-horrible-happen-to-you bodies. That got me a bit on edge.

I walked into a room where there were mutated bodies but looked dead because of the blood. I heard a noise and looked behind and saw nothing and just went to walk when one the Mutated Head freaks was right in my face bashing me in which I went WOAH!

The part that got me stopped playing was at the revolving blades. Don't know why they were there in the first place ( had a Quinn moment with the Chompers). After tossing a few boxes only to be crushed by the blades another Mutant started to walk towards me from the other side of the revolving blades. I figured it might be stupid enough to just walk through them So I waited a few feet behind the blades. Which it did. First time the blades hit it they sliced its leg, than its torso and finally its head which got sailed at me right on to my visor and plopped to the ground.

Had trouble eating dinner that day.

Arrogance is the Leading Cause of Defeat.

New to the Multiplayer or just Total War games? Check out Roshak's Guide

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast