Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4294445464748495051525354
Results 1,061 to 1,069 of 1069

Thread: Suggestions

Default Re: Suggestions

What will take to have some faction dedicate units and region unit possible to recruit in castle and cities. Like long bowman in England for all faction or in Minor Asia flame trowers

Quote Originally Posted by republic_bohemia View Post
    Now someone just needs to figure out how to free two slots out,I would merge Knights Templar with KOJ and merge Ireland with Scotland.

So two slots are now free.Now by looking at the poll these factions I think should be pick: Georgia and Serbia/Bulgaria or add instead of Serbia/Bulgaria add the Abbasid Caliph.

Also don't forget about Free-states.
    How about Moldavia and Valachia

Elric von Rabenfels's Avatar The Devil Inside

Okay. Well. I like SS better than other mods, better than the famous DLV.
    But.
    I.
    Want.
    Those.
    Standard.
    Carriers.
    And.
    The.
    Animations!

FLAG BEARERS GODDAMNIT!
    GET THEM IN!
    IIIIINNNN!!!

And when you're on it, new animations would be sweet as well.
    - What can change the nature of a man?

by the way, I'm also for banner carriers, with flags of an appropriate size. Just look at the movie "Kingdom of heavens", where the army of Jerusalem marches on the field! Awesome!

A totally different thing now:
    has it ever been mentionned, or is there iven a small mod out that lets you recruit units from nations you have taken over?!

Lets say; I'm English, conquered Scottland: which makes me now able to build Highlanders, Scottish pikemen and so on...
    (not including the mercenarie-system!)

wouldn't that be an interesting contribution?!

Standard-carriers really would be great -- then you could turn banners off and still see your units clearly, which would really add to immersiveness...

And like Hambi says, being able to recruit a conquered regions units -- even just 2 or 3 of them -- would be a great addition and would really add variety (and realism) to the campaign...

KK,

Just noticed that only NE Bodyguards are recruitable by slave in EDU. Could we add others to models file as would allow minor factions to have accurate leader models.

To err is human, but to really foul things up you need a computer.
    Paul Ehrlich

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Hambi View Post
    by the way, I'm also for banner carriers, with flags of an appropriate size. Just look at the movie "Kingdom of heavens", where the army of Jerusalem marches on the field! Awesome!

A totally different thing now:
    has it ever been mentionned, or is there iven a small mod out that lets you recruit units from nations you have taken over?!

Lets say; I'm English, conquered Scottland: which makes me now able to build Highlanders, Scottish pikemen and so on...
    (not including the mercenarie-system!)

wouldn't that be an interesting contribution?!
    OTZ did a mod like that for SS 5.1. Not sure if he is working on one for 6.0 though as I dont seem to see him here any more.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Edi Birsan's Avatar Libertus

Shipping:
    As an expert of sorts in this field, I can assure you that having a ship loaded with X lbs of catapults or X lbs of troops is not going to change the speed of the ship one bit. I really dislike the change in speed at sea because of catapults.

Trade:
    I still like the idea of introduction of 'Trading Posts' as a provincial terrain build along with Forts/towers. The idea is that a trading post would allow you to have 2 merchants trade the same commodity as well as prevent a challenge from an AI merchant or at least give the defender a heavy bonus.

Hi all,

As always, thanks all for the lot of suggestions.

However, I think it's time to close this thread and open a new suggestions thread.

Those who have already posted their suggestions for SS 6.0 may repeat their suggestion in the new thread, but actually you don't need to, since I'm actually noting all suggestions that may be implemented in future versions...
    Last edited by King Kong; April 28, 2008 at 04:46 PM.

Winner of 'Favorite M2TW Mod' and 'Favorite M2TW Modder' Award 2007 & 2008