Thread: How to Delete a Unit From the Campaign Map

Default How to Delete a Unit From the Campaign Map

I'm playing as England, and I married my princess off to that young general Genoa gets after a couple of turns. Well, he is in an army with the Genoan faction heir and a couple of other units, and somehow I get them along with him! I figure it is a glitch, so I move the faction heir out of the army, and he goes back under Genoan control. However, I'm left with three units of badly damaged soldiers with portraits of Roman peasants from R:TW, and a small group of peasant archers. I am able to disband all but one group of those Roman peasants (which I believe are Italian Spear Militia). Every time I disband them the game CTDs, and now I am at a point where when I end my turn the game CTDs, and I assume it is becuase of them. How can I get rid of them right now, as they are out of movement points and I really like my current campaign?

Default Re: How to Delete a Unit From the Campaign Map

i hope this will work

get the captain name of those glitchy units

open console and type character_reset "Captain X"

Tell them to attack something, and hope that they all die. If they dont, use the command again and keep on repeating until they all die.

Your units are probably going to be a massive silver surfur army but they should not CTD

Alright I'll try that and post what happens. Thanks.

Well....using that cheat worked...sort of. I had to walk them from southern France to that really crappy African city. And now, whether I fight the battle myself or auto-resolve, the game CTDs.

-Aquila-'s Avatar Campidoctor

You said then when you moved the Genoan heir out he returned to Genoan control, what happens if you move the RTW peasants out fo the army?

And can you still try taking the Peasants out with the Genoan Heir and see what happens by reloading the auto-save?

Also if are trying to kill them why not try and sink them in a fleet that way they are not actually involved in the battle so it shouldn't CTD and hopefully it chould solve yuor problem.

Hope one of these works for you.

YATS - Quintus Licinius Cato [31], Plebeian Senator

The first turn won't work, as this is probably three turns after I did my thing with the princess. I did try and move them out of each other, but that didn't work. And I think they are Italian Spear Militia, but it has a picture of the Roman peasants.

The third option might work though. I'll try that.

Oh, and here is what they look like in battles.

This is the second time something appeared like this on a battle map. The first time didn't glitch anything though.

the silver captain looks sweet
    You cant spell slaughter without laughter!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I bet I can make you press the "show" button!

Quote Originally Posted by baabaaloo View Post
    the silver captain looks sweet

LOL, wow your useful!

right ok, so the battles CTD when you return to the campaign map? OK well give the boat trip a try and tell me what happens.

Oh and I just thought of something, what if you add the Italian Spearmen to England so then they are recruitable and then see if you can a, fight a battle with them with real skins and b, see if you can disband them.

Its worth a shot I suppose.

Oh and I just thought of something, what if you add the Italian Spearmen to England so then they are recruitable and then see if you can a, fight a battle with them with real skins and b, see if you can disband them.

Its worth a shot I suppose.
    That might work, except I'm usually not to good at editting the game codes. So I'll try the boat idea first.

Alright I tried it once...sort of. It looks like having them enter a boat makes the game CTD.

I guess I'll need to make another England campaign.

I hope yuo havnt deleted the save file, as i had a go in adding them to England. Hope it works for you!

But remember to make backups of the england related files in the ui folder (in units and unit_info) and of export_descr_unit and of export_descr_building.
    If I have missed something please say here as I dont really do this often.