Thread: Unable to Recruit Lithuanian Religious Units

Default Unable to Recruit Lithuanian Religious Units

Hi there,
    just a quick question - Ive been playing 6.1 with both submods on vh/vh the last 2 weeks as Lithuania and am thoroughly enjoying it. I was dissappointed when the teutonic order collapsed under its own financial weight but am gearing up for immenent war with Poland and Hungary as they become more and more hostile. Im about 100turns into the late campain and own about 8 or 9 provinces which are all fairly maxed out. In my cities I have 3rd level temples each to a different god, but I cant recruit their units. Same goes for the Lithuanian swordsmen. It shouldnt be a matter of general as I have a war council general in two of these cities and it shouldnt be religion as one city is 100% pagan. Is it just a time factor for these units to become available?

Thanks very much in advance for any help in this matter.
    Mick

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Default Re: Unable to Recruit Lithuanian Religious Units

If you have RR installed then yes it could be that you need to wait for those units to become available.

edit: I just checked the RR EDB and there aren't any time restraints on the temple units :hmmm:

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Actually there are no year restrictions on the Lithuanian religious units. Are the units showing up and greyed out, or not showing at all? If its the former then its a BGR III issue. Did you download the BGR III patch before starting your campaign?

Thanks for the fast reply Clivus,
    I wonder what it is then? They each say 'next available unit: 5 turns' (this never changes) and then underneath it says "no more of this unit type is available for recruitment."

BGR? what was that again? I think I just installed whichever submods 6.1 offered, would it have been included? Thanks for everyones help on this.

Edit: Yeah Im sure I installed Byg's Grim Reality too. In case this is the problem, is there a way of checking point blank?
    Last edited by *Atlas*; September 04, 2008 at 01:40 AM.

If you installed Byg's Grim reality using the SS6.1 installer, then you need to also install a fix located at the bottom of the first post in the Byg's Grim Reality thread in the submods forum.

Okie dokie, ill give that a go now.

Just ran a couple of turns now after installation and they say the same thing. Might have to restart the campaign for it to take effect.

Quote Originally Posted by *Atlas* View Post
    Just ran a couple of turns now after installation and they say the same thing. Might have to restart the campaign for it to take effect.
    yes you do

Ok then, thanks very much for your help clivus and point blank.