Thread: CBUR in 6.2?

Default CBUR in 6.2?

Hey everybody, first post!

I played 6.1 and I wanted to thank you guys for that. But I've also downloaded what you guys have so far for 6.2, in whatever stage in its development its at. So far (turn 4, so not far), it's going pretty well for me, I hope that "more difficult" stuff kicks in soon.

Anyway, I'm playing as the Byz. Empire, and I remember for 6.1 there was a CBUR submod that could be downloaded & I was wondering whether or not there was going to be any work for that in 6.2 - although I will say that CBUR probably needs to tweaked a little, the Scutatoi were way to powerful to be available that early - maybe a more advanced spear unit (Scutatoi - plus) & enabled me to beat up on my enemies way too easily way too early: I'm good on the tactical map, but not that good.

Also, in the current version of the Late Campaign - which I am not playing due to a CTD at loading, I did notice that the Byz. Empire is given way to much territory for 1220 - the Late Campaign in 6.1 got the territory right. Also, is the CTD there because I downloaded CBUR for 6.1 and there is a conflict somewhere, or is it a problem with the current version of 6.2? I would really love to not have to go reinstall 6.1 b/c that takes forever!

Loose Cannon's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Re: CBUR in 6.2?

CBUR is not in 6.2 yet. It will be worked in after 6.2 is finished. As will RR/Rc, bftB, BGR and any other submods Gracul can put in along with a nice & easy choice of installations. With that said, yes your CBUR right now is in conflict with 6.2 and causing the CTD.

6.2 needs to be installed on a clean copy of 6.1 with none of the choices chosen when 6.1 is installed on 6.0. It shouldn't take more than 30 minutes to reinstall everything. It just took me 15 minutes to install 6.1 on one of my M2tw backup copies (and a grand total of six SS copies)

I had to do that to check the files but I found that the number of provinces Byzantium starts with is the same in both 6.1 & 6.2 (late era)

I actually remembered after I posted that that the CBUR modification actually changed the starting position of the Byz. Empire in 6.1 for the Late Empire. For the Record, at the time of 1220 the Fourth Crusade had happened, so Byz doesn't control Constantinople, Thessalonia, Athens, Corinth or Adrianople - or Cyprus & Rhodes either if those were still on the Byz side, I couldn't tell from the loading screen, and the state that eventually reconquered it all (named by historians the Empire of Nicaea) controled only Nicaea, Smyrna & Canakkale (of the cities on the map). There were other successor states in Epirus (Arta & Durazzo) & in Trebizond (Trebizond) that CBUR added to the Byz. Empire faction in order to not make them completely impossible & start with only 3 provinces!

Those other provinces were owned by the Latin Empire, although I'll support the decision to keep them out of the game, as they didn't actually ever do anything active, they spent most of their time trying to avoid being reconquered by the Byzantines - which Rebels can do just as well, and they never attacked or acted aggressively diplomatically.

Oddly enough, I was able to start an Early Campaign fine, just not the Late, go figure. Maybe it was a tick.

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Moving to the submods forum

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team