Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: There will be NO modding tools

Icon4 Re: There will be NO modding tools

Quote Originally Posted by Skyline Pete View Post
    He has every right to voice is opinion mate and he is in no way out of line for doing so.

PC Gamers do seem especially spoiled, crying out when things don't go their way. A company does not have to release mod tools or even after release support if they don't want to.
    What can you do about it? Not purchase their products, plain and simple, the very basic principles of capitalism.

I didn't approve of the way Infinity Ward treated their latest offering of Modern Warfare 2 and thus I didn't buy it, do you see me over at their forums ing and moaning? No.

Is ETW a perfect game? Definitely not. Is it an enjoyable product with which I don't regret spending my hard earned dollars on, yes. From my Steam account I can see that I've logged over 490 hours of playing Empire Total War so it's definitely been value for money in my eyes.
    Total fanboy bends over and asks "CA - may I have another" "CA - may I have another".

Default Re: There will be NO modding tools

Quote Originally Posted by pajomife@iol.pt View Post
    In the future moding will be like cracking , if the companies think they are losing money due the mods, they just forbid a site like this, a legitim one, to share links to any mod.
    If they actually think that, then they are retarded. I bought most of their games just for the mods...

Well its sad, wasnt really planning on buying NTW. But I was planning to buy Rtw 2, but without mods for that, it will be a game. So this might be my farewell to ca.

Clayton Gold's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Skyline Pete View Post
    He has every right to voice is opinion mate and he is in no way out of line for doing so.

PC Gamers do seem especially spoiled, crying out when things don't go their way. A company does not have to release mod tools or even after release support if they don't want to.
    What can you do about it? Not purchase their products, plain and simple, the very basic principles of capitalism.

I didn't approve of the way Infinity Ward treated their latest offering of Modern Warfare 2 and thus I didn't buy it, do you see me over at their forums ing and moaning? No.

Is ETW a perfect game? Definitely not. Is it an enjoyable product with which I don't regret spending my hard earned dollars on, yes. From my Steam account I can see that I've logged over 490 hours of playing Empire Total War so it's definitely been value for money in my eyes.
    <Sigh>

Another one who simply doesn't get it.

The issue in this thread has nothing to do with how enjoyable the game is, present bugs, or dissenting opinions.

The issue here is officially-promised-features being held back, and CA deliberately going back on their word.

One of the main features advertised for this edition of TW was very high modability, and an SDK to be released shortly after game release. As I am sure you know - none of these features exist.

You did not buy MW2 because you were not happy with the development. You're the man.

I bought ETW because of the entire package that was promised to be included in this game. Very similar, see ?

Are we out of line to ask for what was promised ?

How about simply asking for developments or news ?

CA has not been forthcoming with either - hence the need for "crying".

You can continue to cry about crying; or you are obviously welcome to ignore this discussion if you have no interest in it - as you claim.

People can stand up for themselves, and ask questions; or they can bend over and take it, repeatedly.

I choose the former. You choose the latter. No problem !
    Last edited by Clayton Gold; December 18, 2009 at 04:12 PM.

I suggest every single ETW modder and gamer hack CA and Sega's network, Then extract the modding tools to a safe location and distribute it to the community..... Some of us may go to jail but hey, It would be worth it....

Quote Originally Posted by Tissot View Post
    I suggest every single ETW modder and gamer hack CA and Sega's network, Then extract the modding tools to a safe location and distribute it to the community..... Some of us may go to jail but hey, It would be worth it....
    jail mixed with tons of fines? not only will you screw yourself off but Sega might pull a Valve and have a corporate revenge that damages the community...so no not worth it

Watch some of me replays for RTW http://www.youtube.com/user/TeutonicJoe

Quote Originally Posted by Tissot View Post
    Seriously, how would possible jail time (which I doubt) but at least large legal fines be "worth it?" That's got to be one of the most childish points I've ever read. It's a game, hell...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345