Thread: How to remove the new models and miscell (RR/RC)

Default How to remove the new models and miscell (RR/RC)

The new portrait for character and miscellaneous model for princess; especially the princess's one. Whoever made them did a rrly crappy job. Hair mismatch and redundant add-on. It's rrly annoying. Again the princess model, someone tells me what to do to to reset it. And even the portrait for char. Thanks

Default Re: How to remove the new models and miscell

You might want to look in the mod worskhop for help.
    And don't diss peoples work unless it's truly bad, they won't appreciate it.

Kind Regards
    Will
    Fancy Sigs are pointless.
    Also I use that Avatar on every forums, cba to get a different one.
    I've finished with "Kind Regards" in my post for years so dont feel you have to reward me for it(like someone kindly did).

Will

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

SS doesn't add any portraits for princesses. Are you running any submods?

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Nope, just the standard 2 parts from the compilation thread. Dissing is to intentionally put it down for no good reason, I however have good one. For ex. One of the add-on for the princess model (French) has a ponytail... Not so bad (ponytail are pretty cool personally) but the thing is the color contrast one another. Resulting in a rrly odd looking model. That's still not as bad as another princess model (Italian) that has literally a wig extension to the side hairs for that fantastic shoulder hug. How is it a wig? the add-on is black while the actual hair is Blond.

If I did not know any better, I would have assumed that the model-job was half-done. Some might not care, but some do. The princess portraits are alright.

I dont care about it. For the other characters like generals and diplo etc, they are REALLY small for the eye. Again I dont mind, but it's just annoy you as the game progresses.

I need to know how to revert back to vanilla princess model and possibly portrait for generals and diplo, merchant, etc. Not necessary for spouse or children though; although the portrait for boy is sort of creepy as hell.
    Last edited by Ahura-sama; December 23, 2009 at 06:24 AM.

Sounds like something might have gone wrong during the installation. I've never seen anything like what your describe in either 6.1 or 6.2.
    Do you perhaps have a Screenshot?

Quote Originally Posted by Ahura-sama View Post
    Nope, just the standard 2 parts from the compilation thread.
    Compilation thread? So you're running RR/RC? Then you should ask in the RR/RC thread.

The new French's ponytail is odd and not because it's a tail but it's just awkwardly looking.
    The original I believe is one that wears one of those cone hat. I'd like that back please.

And then the Genoa model, w/ black hair. I mistook the clip-on mentioned above; regardless it's still awkward. I dont remember what the vanilla model is, but Im pretty sure it was not black like that. Even the black color is out of place. Again, I'd like it to be reverted back to vanila.

Also the new assassin model looks like cult member.

Oh and please move this to the submod if necessary since I guess it has more to do w/ that.
    Thanks

Default Re: How to remove the new models and miscell (RR/RC)

Done.
    Last edited by Caesar Clivus; December 23, 2009 at 06:42 PM.

At least could someone tell me where the files for princess model are located??

What Im asking is rrly simple, just reset the model. Shouldnt be this hard :@

Oh and where the portrait files are held too.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ts#post6500200

Perhaps you could try looking for the information yourself before demanding it of other people. Answers for modding questions can easily be found in the Mod Workshop forums.

In the spirit of the season though, the models are in data\models_strat

Ok thanks for portrait. And I did, I've looked around in the model_strat folder. I tried removing the new_princess_milan and 2 other new_princess files, but game does not load after that. So, that's where Im stump. I've also tried messing w/ the northern_princess and southern_princess, but same thing happened - crashes. That folder in mod SS is the only one that has any princess denoted file whatsoever; that and the data from the main directory. Wat do

That means that the new models use different names than the old ones so once you delete them, the game can't find them. You'll have to edit the entries in descr_character.txt and/or descr_models_strat.txt and revert them back to the old models.

Ok got it

Problem:

The file for princess_france.tga.dds is missing from my folder. NOT the princess3_france.tga.dds. Currently my French princess (the starting out one) wears white dress as opposed to the vanilla which wears BLUE.

Im not sure what model the white dress one is from anyway; could be Poland or Crusader State. She has a ponytail.

So can someone get me that file?? Not sure why game still load even though that file is missing.