Thread: Need help instaling Medieval 2 Total War using CD

Default Need help instaling Medieval 2 Total War using CD

Currently I have Medieval 2 Total War Gold Edition and I am trying to install it onto my computer but every time when it gets somewhat through the install I get an error I have looked over other people that had problems similar to me and tried what was recommended for them but nothing worked anything that might be able to help me would be very nice the error that I keep getting is

Feature transfer error

Feature: English
    Component: english game
    File: D:\m2tw\Disk1\disk2.cab
    Error: Data error (cyclic redundancy check)

Any help would be very nice thanks to anyone who comments

Default Re: Need help instaling Medieval 2 Total War using CD

Do you have steam by chance? Bc I don't many ppl use disc for m2tw anymore. My best guess is uninstall and then reinstall, but if that does not help then install it through steam and that might help you out. Here is the invite to m2tw modder server if you want anymore help. https://discord.gg/WJfxsg6H

John Doe's Avatar Primicerius

A few years back there was a windows update that made all CD copy of M2 unusable, so no point trying to fix the cd, go straight for the steam version. Back then i had the version of M2 for free on steam by using the serial number from the cd, don't know if it's still working like that.
    Last edited by John Doe; April 29, 2024 at 04:12 PM.

I think it only affected older versions of m2tw but the thing is i also have the kingdoms expansion but you need m2tw to be installed to even install the kingdoms expansion and i cant download it on steam as i bought it second hand and the person had already used the code

I do have steam but i bought the disk second hand and the person who had it before had already used the code

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

A cyclic redundancy check in a compressed file (cab) usually means that the file is corrupted and that it needs to be downloaded again. But then this is a CD, is it?
    Reason I ask is because of the path - there is no 'disk1' in my CD setup. Just a simple d:\data1.cab - D: being the drive the CD is mounted on, the first disk's name (which does not appear in the path, being a mounted disk) is MED2TW_1.

Yah this is the medieval 2 total war gold edition cd