Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: v1.0 Discussion Thread

Default Re: v1.0 Discussion Thread

Hooray for Heishan Emperor.

Is there where actually a short description of the different "religions"?

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

Go to your data\text\export_vnvs.txt file. Search for "Jn-catholic1". Starting at Jn-catholic, down to Jn-revolution, you can see what each of the 7 "religions" entails. In-game, the only way is to view a character's traits.
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

Revive the Dynasty
    The people want to revive the Han Dynasty and restore it to its former glory.

Birth of a Dynasty
    The people wish for the Han dynasty be replaced by a new and vigorous Dynasty.

Isolationist
    The people desire internal security and peace free of interference from all outside influences.

Factionism
    The people want to form an independent factional state free from central administration.

Foreign Culture
    The people dislike Han customs and want a new and foreign culture to follow.

Daoism
    The people are inclining towards the extremely metaphysical teachings of Lao Zi.

Daoist Revolution
    The people believe that the old order has collapsed, and that a new Heaven, faith and order will take its place to lead the people to the era of Great Peace.

Deciphering The Zodiac - Check It Out!

Yuko's Avatar Campidoctor

The icon for Lu Bu's "ferocity of the dragon" unique skill is a crescent and a star, is that supposed to be it?

None of the icons for Hero abilities have yet to be changed from vanilla.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Qingzhou general, he has no unit card.

oh and two more questions, is there any way to make all of the units in battle have banners? not just the general unit. and is it normal that random adopted or born generals have no traits or stats at all?

EDIT: oops, ignore the second question, already saw that they get all their stuff after a turn or so.
    Last edited by Yuko; August 04, 2014 at 07:38 PM. Reason: I R DUMB

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Masaky View Post
    great mod, having a lot of fun with my Lu Bu playthrough! although I'm curious, which factions have family trees?

oh btw, this ambushing general doesn't have textures. he's just south from Xu Shi ( i think that's his name)
    It appears the unit hasn't got a texture for the weapon either. Should be a simple follow up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masaky View Post

Qingzhou general, he has no unit card.

oh and two more questions, is there any way to make all of the units in battle have banners? not just the general unit. and is it normal that random adopted or born generals have no traits or stats at all?
    unit card - will be provided
    battle banners - we have not provided the small (experience) banners but each category should have at least the main banner.

ninja'd by Gig

Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    ninja'd by Gig

My game will only start up in a windowed mode :/ Also I started a campaign with lubu and the first battle i had game just crashed.

Quote Originally Posted by PUNKK View Post
    My game will only start up in a windowed mode :/
    Please search the forum, as this has recently been addressed.

Also I started a campaign with lubu and the first battle i had game just crashed.
    That by itself does not help in any way. Please use the Error Reports forum and submit a thread based on the Error Reporting Readme.

Playing on normal, currently at war against Cao Cao... Now we have a problem http://i61.tinypic.com/30vkqdu.jpg

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by andrej84 View Post
    Playing on normal, currently at war against Cao Cao... Now we have a problem http://i61.tinypic.com/30vkqdu.jpg
    Yeah than can be slighly annoying,had the same in my recent campaign.How many are that?20,000 of them ?Probably also twice the ammount of troops that they will spam once you beat the troops in the picture and the same amount in the cities.At least 80.000 men.To be honest I find the amount of stacks a bit too high,which is currently the only probem I have with the mod.
    Last edited by Sint; August 05, 2014 at 04:08 PM.
    Elder Scrolls Online :Messing up the Lore since 2007...

Well overhand or underhand: 3:50 Onwards...

Do the AI factions also give themselves titles and stuff? or is that only for the player? and does anyone know what that "fate: danger" trait that both Sun Ce and Zhou Yu have does?

You guys really outdid many total war mods. This is pretty awesome. I've been waiting for a good RotK mod forever.

Quote Originally Posted by andrej84 View Post
    This is tied to the WIP economy. But, yeah... have fun fighting through that But seriously, thanks for the screenshot. We'll keep tweaking the economy mechanics until we can greatly lessen this.

On a side note, who is the Cao Clan at war with? Have they been at war or at peace a lot for the past 20-30 turns? Have they lost a lot of settlements are squeezed in by Xu Chang? All of these, along with the economy, can play a role in to why there are so many armies in the same vicinity.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuko View Post
    Do the AI factions also give themselves titles and stuff? or is that only for the player? and does anyone know what that "fate: danger" trait that both Sun Ce and Zhou Yu have does?
    If you're talking about King and Emperor, I'm pretty sure it is just for the player, as the AI can't make the event decisions to get those titles. Other than that, each character has specific titles/ranks for them, based on the size of the faction.

As far as the "Fate" trait, they could be nothing. They could mean that fate has bad things in store for those that have them. It's a mystery
    Last edited by Seether; August 05, 2014 at 11:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    This is tied to the WIP economy. But, yeah... have fun fighting through that But seriously, thanks for the screenshot. We'll keep tweaking the economy mechanics until we can greatly lessen this.

On a side note, who is the Cao Clan at war with? Have they been at war or at peace a lot for the past 20-30 turns? Have they lost a lot of settlements are squeezed in by Xu Chang? All of these, along with the economy, can play a role in to why there are so many armies in the same vicinity.

If you're talking about King and Emperor, I'm pretty sure it is just for the player, as the AI can't make the event decisions to get those titles. Other than that, each character has specific titles/ranks for them, based on the size of the faction.

As far as the "Fate" trait, they could be nothing. They could mean that fate has bad things in store for those that have them. It's a mystery
    INB4 some crazy sorcerer curses poor Sun Ce ;~;

That gives me an idea for the upcoming Wu missions...

quick question about installing the 1.0, when u say main medieval directory isnt it suppose to be in the mod folder? do I replace the current three kingdom, or delete the old one and replace it with this new one? the download tread didnt allow reply

Icon1 Re: v1.0 Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by cheesegrader
    quick question about installing the 1.0, when u say main medieval directory isnt it suppose to be in the mod folder?
    When we say main Medieval directory, we mean the main Medieval directory. For example, mine is C:/Users/Name/SEGA/Medieval II Total War/

do I replace the current three kingdom, or delete the old one and replace it with this new one? the download tread didnt allow reply
    The directions say to delete both the Three_Kingdoms folder and the desktop shortcut before installing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus from the download thread View Post
    Installation Procedure
    1. Delete the mods\Three_Kingdoms folder and the desktop short cut if you had a previous version of Rise of three Kingdoms installed
    2a. Torrent Download - Make sure all files listed in the 'Content' picture are in one directory
    2b. Media Fire Download - Extract all three downloads into one directory, compare with 'download content' picture
    3. Run\double click the EXE (Application) file - the DO files will install automatically
    4. Check the patches section below for additional installations\patches (once we have some)

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

If you have the beta version installed, delete this directory: ...\Medieval II Total War\mods\Three_Kingdoms and the desktop short cut
    Quote Originally Posted by Installation\Download page
    Installation Procedure
    1. Delete the mods\Three_Kingdoms folder and the desktop short cut if you had a previous version of Rise of three Kingdoms installed

As to installation directory (it's mentioned during installation as well), see this
    Quote Originally Posted by Installation\Download page
    Please note

• Should you get 'MyProduct' in the installation path simply point your browser (button with three dots) to the MAIN Medieval 2 directory - nowhere else!
    Edit: ninja'ed by Seether

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast