Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: v1.0 Discussion Thread

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

Default Re: v1.0 Discussion Thread

Thank ya
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

I did that config edit to find why I crash, where does the detail file appear so I can report it? Or does it make a separate file config? :| I was awestruck for 10min to find out u can recruit infantry general units not family related, will we get cavalry commander in the future?! My newly recruit general is currently strongest in my faction this option is no doubt the one of the coolest addition feature ever

Quote Originally Posted by cheesegrader View Post
    I did that config edit to find why I crash, where does the detail file appear so I can report it? Or does it make a separate file config? :|
    You can find it in the Medieval II Total War/logs folder. You will only have one log file, and it gets overwritten with new data each time you play. So if you crashed, then edited the config file, you are going to need to get the crash to happen again for it to show up in the log file.

I was awestruck for 10min to find out u can recruit infantry general units not family related, will we get cavalry commander in the future?! My newly recruit general is currently strongest in my faction this option is no doubt the one of the coolest addition feature ever
    I completely forgot that I had added that feature Doubtful that cavalry-buqu generals will be included; recruited generals will remain as infantry-buqus. Being able to recruit generals is meant to help the player manage settlements and command armies; being able to also recruit powerful cavalry units on top of that is OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    You can find it in the Medieval II Total War/logs folder. You will only have one log file, and it gets overwritten with new data each time you play. So if you crashed, then edited the config file, you are going to need to get the crash to happen again for it to show up in the log file.

I completely forgot that I had added that feature Doubtful that cavalry-buqu generals will be included; recruited generals will remain as infantry-buqus. Being able to recruit generals is meant to help the player manage settlements and command armies; being able to also recruit powerful cavalry units on top of that is OP.

thanks! I got the log, just need to upload it.
    either way this feature means I dont got to worry about adopting random general into the family and ruining a bloodline

Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    You can find it in the Medieval II Total War/logs folder. You will only have one log file, and it gets overwritten with new data each time you play. So if you crashed, then edited the config file, you are going to need to get the crash to happen again for it to show up in the log file. I completely forgot that I had added that feature Doubtful that cavalry-buqu generals will be included; recruited generals will remain as infantry-buqus. Being able to recruit generals is meant to help the player manage settlements and command armies; being able to also recruit powerful cavalry units on top of that is OP.
    I dunno about you, but I never use my generals in combat now after Guan Yu died in melee combat to archers literally right after the fight started. I do like training generals for governors, as I'm reaching the point where I lack good governors (but I'm at least 20 turns away from being able to do so given I'm putting more priority on economic growth buildings and don't have any plans to go on offensives). Should have used my spies better to figure out which AI generals I should've bribed instead of just killing them in battles.

anyone manage to get to xinye? seem zhang xiu is ahead despite all the shortcuts i tried

In my game all the generals that I've adopted don't have better stat even after winning 5 battles. For exmple one of my general have won and captured 3 cities but doesn't have any star in command. Is this a bug?

Quote Originally Posted by andrej84 View Post
    In my game all the generals that I've adopted don't have better stat even after winning 5 battles. For exmple one of my general have won and captured 3 cities but doesn't have any star in command. Is this a bug?
    its possible, but rare? i assume but odds are your adopted, or newborn child are not great majority have low loyalty, dishonor, almost no command, 1 or 2 piety

I adopted him to the family and he got high health, and attack, but he is like lu bu no skill in management and he died within two turns. i was hoping he could become the next leader too
    oh he got very high command too lol its such a shame tho! the general next to him is also a family member adopted however he is very weak, but min governor skill.
    Last edited by cheesegrader; August 08, 2014 at 03:54 AM.

anyone manage to get to xinye? seem zhang xiu is ahead despite all the shortcuts i tried
    With starting armies having been increased, chances are you won't get it first. It doesn't matter who gets it first; all that matters is that you (Liu Clan) conquer it.

Quote Originally Posted by andrej84 View Post
    Traits are different in this mod than in vanilla, as well as how command stars work, and have been discussed in various posts such as here and here.

its possible, but rare? i assume but odds are your adopted, or newborn child are not great majority have low loyalty, dishonor, almost no command, 1 or 2 piety
    I adopted him to the family and he got high health, and attack, but he is like lu bu no skill in management and he died within two turns. i was hoping he could become the next leader too
    oh he got very high command too lol its such a shame tho! the general next to him is also a family member adopted however he is very weak, but min governor skill.
    Traits are randomly assigned, for the most part, for adopted children. The character you showed, with 9 command stars, looks to be a rarity.

he is isnt he but I failed to conquer any part of the map and eventually got corner on all sides, what you mention even allies will turn on you is so spot on. cao cao attack hong nong march toward my capital, ma teng attack jie ting and an ding, and wudomi take san pass and chen cang, and heishan took ping yuan and two other minor city.

before I used cavalry as blitzkrieg to lower their defenses and march in with infantry but seem like the cavalry doesnt push back as much, or at least that what it feels like to me compare to the previous verison. since i used to mass light cavalry as frontline units now they toppled even against volunteer units.

Senator

Well I actually managed to get a long lasting alliance with the Yuan Clan,but they are in a constant war against Cao Cao so they are probably distracted.(Liadong,VH/VH)
    Elder Scrolls Online :Messing up the Lore since 2007...

Well overhand or underhand: 3:50 Onwards...

I love the 3 Kingdoms books and games I'll have to try this out.

If you guys like the 3 kingdoms settings and like strategy games you should check out the Romance of the 3 kingdoms games made by Koei. They were the most in-depth strategy games before Paradox came along imo.

Afaik, 0.5% population growth bonus from merchant guild doesn't seem to work (?) Anyone else have observations? Dropped from 0.5% pop growth/turn (before built) to 0% on the same turn it was built.
    Also, would it be possible to give a very small pop growth bonus (-0.5) to high acumen governors (maybe a 0.5% pop growth bonus to the public gardens building chain cause I never build that building). This is done via adding +1 to health since that translates to 0.5% pop growth? Currently I am just shy of the ability to upgrade my capital to a huge city (so I can get the imperial college) even with the best governor I have (Pacifier and City planner feats) with all pop growth upgrades.
    (Will break your savegame)
    Code:
    ;------------------------------------------
    Trait Jn2000
        Characters family
        NoGoingBackLevel  1
        Level Jn2001
            Description Jn2001_desc
            EffectsDescription Jn2001_effects_desc
    ;        GainMessage Jn2001_gain_desc
            Threshold  1000
        Effect Law -5
        Effect Unrest 3
        Effect Squalor 2
        Level Jn2002
            Description Jn2002_desc
            EffectsDescription Jn2002_effects_desc
    ;        GainMessage Jn2002_gain_desc
            Threshold  2000
            Effect Law -4
        Effect Unrest 2
        Effect Squalor 1
        Level Jn2003
            Description Jn2003_desc
            EffectsDescription Jn2003_effects_desc
    ;        GainMessage Jn2003_gain_desc
            Threshold  3000
        Effect Law -3
        Effect Unrest 1
        Level Jn2004
            Description Jn2004_desc
            EffectsDescription Jn2004_effects_desc
    ;        GainMessage Jn2004_gain_desc
            Threshold  4000
        Effect Law -1
        Effect Unrest 1
        Level Jn2005
            Description Jn2005_desc
            EffectsDescription Jn2005_effects_desc
    ;        GainMessage Jn2005_gain_desc
            Threshold  5000
        Effect Law  1
        Level Jn2006
            Description Jn2006_desc
            EffectsDescription Jn2006_effects_desc
    ;        GainMessage Jn2006_gain_desc
            Threshold  6000
        Effect Law  2
        Level Jn2007
            Description Jn2007_desc
            EffectsDescription Jn2007_effects_desc
    ;        GainMessage Jn2007_gain_desc
            Threshold  7000
        Effect Law  2
        Effect Unrest -1
        Level Jn2008
            Description Jn2008_desc
            EffectsDescription Jn2008_effects_desc
    ;        GainMessage Jn2008_gain_desc
            Threshold  8000
        Effect Law  3
        Effect Unrest -1
        Effect Health 1
        Level Jn2009
            Description Jn2009_desc
            EffectsDescription Jn2009_effects_desc
    ;        GainMessage Jn2009_gain_desc
            Threshold  9000
        Effect Law  3
        Effect Health 1
        Effect Unrest -1
    Trait Jn2001
        Characters family
        NoGoingBackLevel  1
        Level Jn2010
            Description Jn2010_desc
            EffectsDescription Jn2010_effects_desc
    ;        GainMessage Jn2010_gain_desc
            Threshold  1000
        Effect Law  4
        Effect Chivalry 1
        Effect Unrest -1
        Effect Squalor -1
        Level Jn2011
            Description Jn2011_desc
            EffectsDescription Jn2011_effects_desc
    ;        GainMessage Jn2011_gain_desc
            Threshold  2000
        Effect Law  5
        Effect Chivalry 1 
        Effect Unrest -2
        Effect Squalor -1
    Code:
    {Jn2007}Acumen: 6
    {Jn2007_desc}Acumen represents a general's aptitude for governance.\n
    {Jn2007_effects_desc}Law +2\nUnrest -1
    {Jn2008}Acumen: 7
    {Jn2008_desc}Acumen represents a general's aptitude for governance.\n
    {Jn2008_effects_desc}Law +3\nUnrest -1\nHealth +1
    {Jn2009}Acumen: 8
    {Jn2009_desc}Acumen represents a general's aptitude for governance.\n
    {Jn2009_effects_desc}Law +3\nUnrest -1\nHealth +1
    {Jn2010}Acumen: 9
    {Jn2010_desc}Acumen represents a general's aptitude for governance.\n
    {Jn2010_effects_desc}Law +4\nUnrest -1\nSqualor -1\nHonor +1
    {Jn2011}Acumen: 10
    {Jn2011_desc}Acumen represents a general's aptitude for governance.\n
    {Jn2011_effects_desc}Law +5\nUnrest -2\nSqualor -1\nHonor +1
    Lastly, I've had 3 generals with 0 acumen (but with city management feats) sitting in my capital for 50+ turns now with an rank 2 academy, and I have yet to see a single one of their acumen go up. I looked at the character traits file and it seems to be coded fine, and the odds aren't that low it is broken. The thresholds are too high. At a ~10% chance/turn to +1 to acumen, the thresholds for acumen are in the thousands, so you need 1000+ successful dice rolls at ~10% each, or ~10000 turns on average before you gain acumen.

Code:
    Trigger AcademyEducation_a
        WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd
        Condition Trait Jn2000 <= 3
              and EndedInSettlement
              and SettlementBuildingExists >= academy
              and AgentType = named character
        Affects Jn2000  500  Chance  5
    Trigger AcademyEducation_b
        Condition Trait Jn2000 <= 4
              and EndedInSettlement
              and SettlementBuildingExists >= scriptorium
    Trigger AcademyEducation_c
        Condition Trait Jn2000 <= 3
              and EndedInSettlement
              and SettlementBuildingExists = ludus_magnus
        Affects Jn2000  500  Chance  10
    Trigger AcademyEducation_d
        Condition Trait Jn2000 <= 4
              and EndedInSettlement
        Affects Jn2000  500  Chance  8
    Trigger AcademyEducation_e
        Condition Trait Jn2000 <= 5
              and EndedInSettlement
    Kinda ironic I was the one to complain about high pop growth before. xD
    Last edited by limith; August 08, 2014 at 11:24 PM.

Yuko's Avatar Campidoctor

how do faction leader titles work exactly? does every different character get a different title or something? or are they faction based? I killed the leader of that faction Sun clan is fighting at the start (forgot their name, the one with taishi ci) and his son had a different title.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuko View Post
    how do faction leader titles work exactly? does every different character get a different title or something? or are they faction based? I killed the leader of that faction Sun clan is fighting at the start (forgot their name, the one with taishi ci) and his son had a different title.
    wait..children can inherit titles? cause Liu Yao the one you killed had a title, but his son also have an original title, which as more cities they gain will change, same with your generals. not sure about newborn offspring tho

in my game each faction is so unpredictable lol sun clan became Liu Yao vessel haha

Quote Originally Posted by limith View Post
    [snip]
    Ah, yes, those super high thresholds. Gig and I were just discussing them the other day, so nice job catching them. Your changes, with a few tweaks are good and should expect them in the next patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuko View Post
    Characters all have different titles that are unique to the character (only non-scripted children don't have them). The only titles that can be passed on are the "King" and "Emperor" titles (and traits) from faction leader and heirs.

Senator

Is it normal that I can't build the Imperial level barracks in Lu Jun?

Quote Originally Posted by Sint View Post
    Is it normal that I can't build the Imperial level barracks in Lu Jun?
    only capital cities can build imperial unit. Lu Jun is not a capital city

Senator

Ahh okay.But it's the only ciy I could get that large

ExtremeBG's Avatar Decanus

So i installed the mod following the instructions and when i try to run it from the regular shortcut it searches for the item "rise of three kingdoms.exe ". I searched for the file in the whole Medieval folder and it can't be found anywhere . I tried reinstalling but the problem remains. Do you have a solution ?

Macedonia(FYROM) is Bulgarian. If you don't believe me, read a book.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast