Thread: Help me install the Game

Icon5 Help me install the Game

Hai all im new here i hope yall can help me with installing The Rise Of Three Kingdoms,

I download the torrentfile and patch
    I install Three Kingdoms v.10 and change the path to C:\ProgramFiles\Sega\Medieval 2 Total War
    i also installed the patch in the same path.
    When i wanna start the game i got and error (FILE CANT BE FOUND)

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Help me install the Game

Is that the directory you have got M2TW installed? The installer should have found the correct directory if you have the main game installed.

I'm having an issue playing the game after installing the patch. I'm using the MediaFire version and again i can play until i try to patch it. It crashes when it's about to load the campaign map. I merge and overwrite files. Is that wrong? It seems to have its' own file folder so I have to merge right? please help and thank you.

It just keeps on crashing. I'm using steam. Path for installment as follows; steam/steamapps/common/m2tw/mods. Again the patch has its' own folder so I copy/paste and replace the files when asked. Then continuous crash. What could I be doing wrong Gig?

OK so I installed in the same directory path so as to not have to manually merge files; it still crashes as soon as the campaign map is about to pop up. I can tell it installed because more contents are in the mod's folder after the patch is done. This is really starting to get on my nerves ya know? lol.

Quote Originally Posted by WickedMortal View Post
    I'm having an issue playing the game after installing the patch. I'm using the MediaFire version and again i can play until i try to patch it. It crashes when it's about to load the campaign map. I merge and overwrite files. Is that wrong? It seems to have its' own file folder so I have to merge right? please help and thank you.
    I just downloaded the game using the Mediafire files, and after uncompressing the files and putting them in the same folder, I clicked on the installer and the mod installed itself on the Steam version without any warnings of replacing any files (the old Steam version of MTW2 still seems to work). It found the Steam version of MTW2 by itself, but I checked where it was going to make sure it was going into the MTW2 folder. The game then played without problems. I then iinstalled the latest patch (1.4) and the game still works just fine. The only problem I can see is that maybe you did not uncompress the files properly, or did not install the files inside the MTW2 folder as indicated. Try reinstalling the MTW2 Steam game. I am not sure whether or not the mod requires the "Kingdoms" addon, but I think that it comes with the Steam version.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WickedMortal View Post
    It just keeps on crashing. I'm using steam. Path for installment as follows; steam/steamapps/common/m2tw/mods. Again the patch has its' own folder so I copy/paste and replace the files when asked. Then continuous crash. What could I be doing wrong Gig?
    The installing path has to end in m2tw, nowhere else. That's why you are getting the 'own' folder.