Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Will There be Another DoW Game?

~Beren~'s Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Will There be Another DoW Game?

Quote Originally Posted by The Mongol View Post
    I have my doubts. "Commander" is even spelled wrong.

Funny, that's what the other members in Filefront said too.

But the teaser trailer, I can't deny that.

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    Not really, very few Space Marine Primarchs really "died" actually, most are missing or falling into deep sleep (Ultramarine Primarch was like that).
    Most of the Chaos Primarchs are alive.

as demon princes.
    Hammer & Sickle - Karacharovo

And I drank it strait down.

00Jebus's Avatar Foederatus

"while the enemies of the emperor still draw breath, there can be no peace"

in game quotation... out of game.. Im guessing this means they'll carry on making them until theres a deffinante winner in universe or everyone gets borred of DoW

of course this could just be wishful thinking on my part and just an epic in universe quote relic found....

I agree with the mongul, looks like a hoax, its a shame, it sounds like a fantastic idea, if a little short on races.
    someone stole my prefered user name!
    ahwell they got here first

I am Jebus from TWC wiki

VOP2288's Avatar Smokey the Bear
    Civitate

"while the enemies of the emperor still draw breath, there can be no peace"

in game quotation... out of game.. Im guessing this means they'll carry on making them until theres a deffinante winner in universe or everyone gets borred of DoW

of course this could just be wishful thinking on my part and just an epic in universe quote relic found....
    What are you talking about? That quotation is something that the Space Marine troops say in the game...that's not some hidden clue that Relic is gonna keep making DoW games!

I'm thinking the trailer is a fake...look under it at all the people saying its for a 40k game on the N-Gage called Glory in Death (which is coming out and is real).

As for that little snippet article there...I believe that more than the trailer. The concept for the campaign play sounds about right but the fact that you ONLY play as 3 races just doesn't seem like the DoW series we were left with in Dark Crusade (in which you could play as 7 races in the campaign).

Tyranids are probably gonna be an added race in whatever DoW game Relic makes next (if any). I'm playing through DC again this time as the Eldar and it seems as though the Eldar turn into the Dark Eldar throughout the campaign in DC...they went from being that whitish color to being mostly black and darker colors just randomly at some point in the campaign.
    Under the patronage of Pra

Addicted-Gamers.com - Up-and-coming game news website! Please support us!

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by VOP2288 View Post
    I'm playing through DC again this time as the Eldar and it seems as though the Eldar turn into the Dark Eldar throughout the campaign in DC...they went from being that whitish color to being mostly black and darker colors just randomly at some point in the campaign.
    Really? In skirmish the uniform of the Eldar clan you are playing in campaign is black actually. There is another Eldar clan has white uniform.

Civitate

Really? In skirmish the uniform of the Eldar clan you are playing in campaign is black actually. There is another Eldar clan has white uniform
    Yeah - I started a campaign as the Eldar and the first two skirmish battles I played they were white dressed...then the next battle - BOOM they're all black.

This is also the same Eldar clan that appears in both previous games though - and they were white based in color remember?

You misunderstood my meaning. The Ulthwé clan, which can be selected in skirmish game (not campaign), has a black uniform.

Civitate

You misunderstood my meaning. The Ulthwé clan, which can be selected in skirmish game (not campaign), has a black uniform.
    That may be but it doesn't change the fact that 1) They began my campaign with white uniforms and 2) That in the original DoW and WA the Ulthwe clan (which is the SAME that appear in DC) are in white uniforms.

As a random question: what the heck are Eldar? They come off as space elves to me...are they straight up aliens or what? What do they look like under all the armor and such?

NaptownKnight's Avatar Praeses

That may be but it doesn't change the fact that 1) They began my campaign with white uniforms and 2) That in the original DoW and WA the Ulthwe clan (which is the SAME that appear in DC) are in white uniforms.

As a random question: what the heck are Eldar? They come off as space elves to me...are they straight up aliens or what? What do they look like under all the armor and such?
    Space Elves describes them pretty well.

The Mongol's Avatar Primicerius

My biggest problem with DoW was I couldn't pick a damn race to stick with lol.

It started with Orks... then Chaos intruiged me, then Winter Assault came out and I played Imperial Guard, then I went back to Orks when they were buffed in a patch, and then I played Tau a bit when DC came out then went back to Chaos and nowadays I find myself playing Eldar.

I think out of all the factions I liked IG the best, something about playing the Humans, I felt more compelled to kick ass. Not to mention when you get the Baneblade out... oh god it's better than watching a movie.

It's going to be even harder if they have all of the old factions + Tyranids in the new one.

Relic are genius developers though really, the voice acting in Dawn of War and Company of Heroes is just second to none. I love the Eldars robotic weird voices, the crazy Chaos, the badass Space Marines and the hilarious Orks.

Not to mention the foul mouthed Americans and badass/funny Germans in CoH.

P.S. That trailer looks fake to me, kind of badly put together and like some people are saying it's N-Gage footage.

Civitate

I find myself sticking with Space Marines quite often but I have yet to fully get into playing the Tau and Necrons

The SM are just sweet - I love the infantry units...you can basically win any game with just upgraded SM squads...you don't need tanks or armor of any sort at all with them.

1. Eldar = Space Elf. Ok, just kidding. I feel responsible to provide some link about Eldar's history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eldar_%...er_40%2C000%29

2. They are alien.

3. I am not sure... However I remember I saw a Warhammer 40K fiction cover shows Eldar actually has a human-face, but prettier than Mankind.

My biggest problem with DoW was I couldn't pick a damn race to stick with lol.
    I stick to Imperial Guard, Space Marine and Chaos SM. Of course, I am good at all three, but only Space Marine I know how to play in Insane way.

The Mongol's Avatar Primicerius

I think I play IG the most because I have some sympathy for mankind lol.

Having badass voice overs doesn't hurt either. "WHO TOLD YOU TO DIE?"

Commissars kick ass.

FOR THE EMPORER!!!

I think that describes who I play as...I'm a sucker for an empire.

I think I play IG the most because I have some sympathy for mankind lol.
    Lol, I play Imperial Guard only because I want to enjoy the scene of massive laser fire (same as Tau here, but Fire Warrior is too weak against vehicles).

To Aristocrat: I guess you love to play Ork.

Farnan's Avatar Saviors of the Japanese
    Right behind you starring over your shoulder.

I prefer Space Marines over the other factions, because I like their hero in campaign.
    “The nation that will insist upon drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking by cowards.”

—Sir William Francis Butler

I play as Chaos, cause thats what i played as in the table top game.

Everyone wants 'nids but they don't have bases they just spawn from spores that infect planets so its kinda impossible for them to appear in the game.

unless they ignore all the background info about them

Also Ulthwé Eldar live on a Craftworld, and are not a clan.

Eldar without a helmet
    Hammer & Sickle - Karacharovo

And I drank it strait down.

~Beren~'s Avatar Primicerius

Well hoax or not, I'll keep my fingers crossed.

And here's a better pick of an Eldar without a helmets:

When I first played DoW, I myslef always wondered how Eldar looked like. I thought they would look a bit like the Protoss from starcraft because of the shape of their helmets...

Civitate

Ok - so it's settled then....Eldar = Space Elves