Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Do women doom their own selves regarding equality?

Default Re: Do women doom their own selves regarding equality?

Rush is rather liberal in some things, actually, such as drug policy. Vuk here is a Christian fundamentalist, and we all know what that means.

yeah at least rush is fun and even knowledgeable in what he talks about
    Sired by Niccolo Machiavelli
    Adopted by Ferrets54
    Father of secret basement children Boeing and Shyam Popat

Gwendylyn's Avatar Citizen

What's so inhumane about women fighting that isn't inhumane about men fighting?

Hurts more if you shoot rock salt in a girl's titties.

Adopted by Ferrets54

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Sextus Loverlord View Post
    When you say that all Muslims treat women like they're animals or worse, you're accusing me, my family and most people I know of something that they don't go. I have never, in my life, misbehaved with a woman I don't know, I have never looked down on a woman because of her gender or clothing and I have never harassed anyone either. How dare you make such an accusation, you misguided and misinformed little kid?

Don't generalize. Use your head, stop thinking with the "logic" you get from Fox News (or your local bartender or wherever you get your "news" and "facts" from). Just because the type of ghetto you mention has people harassing women doesn't mean we all do it. Do you know what people here would think of a man who would do such a thing to a woman?

I've been angry with my girlfriend, my mother and my sisters but whenever I talk to any of them in that sort of situation, I'm extra careful so that I don't say something that would hurt them. That would certainly not be the case if I were angry at, let's say, my brother.

Yes, of course, there are problems. There are people who treat women like cattle. But to say that everyone is like that (which would include me, my father, my brother and my friends) is as ignorant as it is childish.

You fail at that low, petty attack, my friend. I think people who wrongfully accuse and attack others shouldn't die but instead, they should live to repent.
    In holland Fox News does not even exist, I see muslim men harass women often, especially when they are with a group. Both my sisters have to deal with this issue often. Things like this made one of my sisters rather racistic towards muslims. She has been harassed by muslims even when she was holding the hand of her boyfriend.

I do know that it all can differ quite a bit though. Turks are a lot friendlier than muslims from Marocco. And It is also those from the poor regions of muslim countries that come to Holland. Those that live well in their own country dont have a reason to leave after all.

I do know kind muslims, but sadly not much. I once was in a class on school with 1 Italian, 1 jamaican, 3 turks, 1 maroccan, 1 from the dutch antilles, 1 from Iraq and the others all dutch. We were a tight bunch exept for the maroccan guy, so you cant really tell me I get these things from the news. I talked often directly to them about various topics. Many cultures live in Holland, I meet people from many countries here, I see them every day. I would hardly call myself misguided and misinformed.

Quote Originally Posted by Vuk View Post
    The Bible never incited people to do evil things because the Bible doesn't order people to do evil things. People have used it as an excuse to do evil things, but the things they did flew right in the face of the Bible.
    lol your credibility after that statement has dropped to -5.

All religious text is fundamentalist in itself. You can argue for or against it collectively. I can bet that if I give any random Muslim a passage from the Bible without telling him, he'd think he's reading the Quran and the same goes for Christians.

Have people used the Quran as an excuse to kill, murder, pillage and mistreat people based on their religion and gender? Yes.

Have people used the Bible as an excuse to kill, murder, pillage and mistreat people based on their religion and gender? Yes.

I know this hurts but it's the truth.
    Death be not proud, though some have called thee
    Mighty and dreadful, for, thou art not so.

Vuk's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Sextus Loverlord View Post
    lol your credibility after that statement has dropped to -5.

All religious text is fundamentalist in itself. You can argue for or against it collectively. I can bet that if I give any random Muslim a passage from the Bible without telling him, he'd think he's reading the Quran and the same goes for Christians.

Have people used the Quran as an excuse to kill, murder, pillage and mistreat people based on their religion and gender? Yes.

Have people used the Bible as an excuse to kill, murder, pillage and mistreat people based on their religion and gender? Yes.

I know this hurts but it's the truth.
    You don't know what you are talking about. The koran orders horrible things to be done to Jews, Infidels, and women. The Bible never orders its followers to do anything like that.
    Just as people have used WOW as an excuse for killing people, so they have used the Bible. Show me one place in the Bible where it condones the Crusades?
    (I am not saying that the idea of reclaiming take land is bad, but that doing it under the pretense of religion is)

The koran is full of filth about 180 foot sex toys and little virgin boy sex toys and all other crap. You find nothing like that in the Bible.

This thread is not devoted to religion, and (as we have created a new thread for the discussion of religion) I do not see why you continue to argue it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrets54 View Post
    Rush is rather liberal in some things, actually, such as drug policy. Vuk here is a Christian fundamentalist, and we all know what that means.
    You two both use the word fundamentalist as an insult, I wonder if you even know what it means.
    It means someone who believes that the Bible is absolute. (basically)
    You cannot be a true Christian unless you are one.
    I am proud of my beliefs.

Vuk

You don't know what you are talking about. The koran orders horrible things to be done to Jews, Infidels, and women. The Bible never orders its followers to do anything like that.
    codswallop, the bible is full of nasty **** about stoning women and killing and taking women for yourself (unless they are not virgins where you kill them and their children)
    Adopted by Ferrets54

Vuk's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Gary88 View Post
    codswallop, the bible is full of nasty **** about stoning women and killing and taking women for yourself (unless they are not virgins where you kill them and their children)
    In the US women are put to death for crimes also. Don't say it as if it is something reserved for women, stoning was the best way to execute back then (or at least the used method) and criminals judged worthy of it were stoned.
    As I proved in another thread (which you should be typing this in) women were taken as slaves and NOT as sex slaves.

Vuk

women were taken as slaves and NOT as sex slaves.
    well thats much better...and cancels out the fact they killed all the non virgins their kids and husbands
    Adopted by Ferrets54

kev-o's Avatar Primicerius

Men were taken as sex slaves to ya know. Snip Snip. Eunichy

Vuk's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Gary88 View Post
    well thats much better...and cancels out the fact they killed all the non virgins their kids and husbands
    As I explained in the other thread you should be posting in, these were evil people who deserved death. They kept the most innocent of them as slaves, and killed the rest.

Vuk

IamthePope's Avatar Senator

You two both use the word fundamentalist as an insult, I wonder if you even know what it means.
    It means someone who believes that the Bible is absolute. (basically)
    You cannot be a true Christian unless you are one.
    It's a pretty sad state of affairs when people become so inculcated into the ideology of liberal relativism that they fail to understand anything else. One of the sadest aspects of modernism is that it iconoclastically dismisses the past and the entire history of human understanding.

In this way, modern liberal relativism constitutes a certain kind of narrowmindedness and an intolerance of absolutism, spirituality, and revelation. This illiberal liberalism is a defining aspect of the 21st century.

"Not to know what happened before you were born is to be a child forever. For what is the time of a man, except that it should be interwoven with that memory of ancient things of a superior age?" -Marcus Tullius Cicero

Vuk's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by kev-o View Post
    Men were taken as sex slaves to ya know. Snip Snip. Eunichy
    ???
    ref?
    ???

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrets54 View Post
    Women are perfectly acceptable for all governmental jobs in the western world, too. Britain has had a female Prime Minister. The current German Chancellor is female. The next American President is likely to be a woman.
    , a woman in a position of political leadership. Wouldn't that be a farse?

Women cannot be in postitions of leadership. Despite what your school teacher may have told you about people being able to become anything they dream, in reality a persons form and faculties dictate what they are able to accomplish.

For a woman to be respected, she must be respected as a woman, which entails being a good mother and wife. Motherhood involves caring for children (What kind of woman is a woman without children) and the role of a Wife is to be subservient and subject to her Husband. How can these two roles be compatible with absolute leadership? And if a Women is psycho-sexualy subject to her Husband, wouldn't her Husband be the real figure of leadership?

Women are incapable of earning respect in positions of leadership because women cannot act as women in those positons. If feminity is synomymous with weakness and submission, a woman must discard her feminity in order to lead. In doing this women emasculate themselves, losing the respect they sought to gain in the process.

A woman in a position of leadership would be a sad sad joke. Pray that our civilization doesn't fall so far.

"Not to know what happened before you were born is to be a child forever. For what is the time of a man, except that it should be interwoven with that memory of ancient things of a superior age?" -Marcus Tullius Cicero

kev-o's Avatar Primicerius

???
    ref?
    ???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catamite

And Pirates of the Caribean 2

Vuk's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by IamthePope View Post
    , a woman in a position of political leadership. Wouldn't that be a farse?

Women cannot be in postitions of leadership. Despite what your school teacher may have told you about people being able to become anything they dream, in reality a persons form and faculties dictate what they are able to accomplish.

For a woman to be respected, she must be respected as a woman, which entails being a good mother and wife. Motherhood involves caring for children (What kind of woman is a woman without children) and the role of a Wife is to be subservient and subject to her Husband. How can these two roles be compatible with absolute leadership? And if a Women is psycho-sexualy subject to her Husband, wouldn't her Husband be the real figure of leadership?

Women are incapable of earning respect in positions of leadership because women cannot act as women in those positons. If feminity is synomymous with weakness and submission, a woman must discard her feminity in order to lead. In doing this women emasculate themselves, losing the respect they sought to gain in the process.

A woman in a position of leadership would be a sad sad joke. Pray that our civilization doesn't fall so far.
    I have to disagree completely. I have known several women that would make good leaders. I think that for the most part women couldn't make nearly as good leaders as men, but I also think it is ridiculous to say that it is impossible for a woman to be a good leader.

Vuk

It's not a matter of individual masculine women who show talent for leadership. What's of importance is the aspect of womanhood and the way the aspect of masculine leadership (leadership is a maculine trait) invariably contradicts it. To place a women in a position of leadership is to do her harm because she must emasculate herself, belitteling herself, in the process. True women are wives and mothers. Politics is 'Man's World'.

Vuk's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by IamthePope View Post
    It's not a matter of individual masculine women who show talent for leadership. What's of importance is the aspect of womanhood and the way the aspect of masculine leadership (leadership is a maculine trait) invariably contradicts it. To place a women in a position of leadership is to do her harm because she must emasculate herself, belitteling herself, in the process. True women are wives and mothers. Politics is 'Man's World'.
    I agree that politics is a man's world. I think one of the biggest problems with male politicians today is that they are being feminised as women are being emasculated. Men won't act like men, because they have a free mind (the same way they justify being whores ) I think that it is unnatural and harmful to both.

That is as much as I think on the subject.

Vuk