Thread: The Great Conflicts main discussion thread. Please post here!

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: The Great Conflicts main discussion thread. Please post here!

Looks bloody amazing!

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

What historicaly accuracy meens?

Nottice the fallen shield.
    Made by Leif Erikson long ago.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Any estimation from the team when we might expect the mod to be finished, or at least beta version released?

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blob View Post
    Any estimation from the team when we might expect the mod to be finished, or at least beta version released?
    no,
    it´s ready when it´s ready. it wont get any faster, if people asking this all the time.
    you can help getting this faster: just become active in modding or try to offer some things needed (like short edited videoclips, etc)...

Quizz: Which reference i am trying to reach. Search your knowlege and your books.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

BarnicleBill1's Avatar Centenarius

That looks great!

Almost done!

CREDITS:
    Leif Erikson
    Pacco
    Sumskilz
    Matthaeus
    Lord_Calidor
    Ansinthia
    LuBu
    Stefaneke
    Slash_5
    Rusichi Team
    Πεtr Φροποβ
    hyretic
    Modifications of all materials from all above by AnthoniusII
    Spesial Thanks to:
    Timothy Dawson
    G.Rava
    D.Katsikes (HellenicArmors)
    Mr Skourletis
    That gave me their advices and allowed me use their work as inspiration.
    FOR THAT REASON ITS FORBITEN TO CA/SEGA TO USE IN ANY CASE THAT WORK, NOW OR IN THE FUTURE, THAT LEGALY BELONGS TO THE ORIGINAL CREATORS AND THAT OFFERED THEIR PERIMISION FOR THAT PROJECT AND THAT PROJECT ONLY!

This looks great! I guess those are aristocrate.

SerbianWOLF's Avatar Semisalis

Awesome job !
    No freedom was ever given by any request, nor good speech. Freedom is what you conquer !

BarnicleBill1's Avatar Centenarius

They look amazing, as usual!

Quote Originally Posted by achilles-91 View Post
    I guess those are aristocrate.
    Yes they are.. They gave me the most difficulty so far.
    These are tier 1
    In TGC consept tier 1 has either:
    Leather over chain mail
    Scale or lammelar cuirasses
    Tier 2 will have :
    Metal scale or lammelar over chain mail in varius forms.
    Nottice that they have no leg greaves. Also in their case they will use swords and not maces that are decorative.
    That meens that they wont have the AP bonus and as such they will be inferior in damage than Tagmatic Cataphracts.
    The consept uses:
    5 heads
    4 bodies
    5 legs
    2 arm greaves
    2 coifs
    8 helmets
    6 swords
    6 sword scabbards
    1 decorative axe with 3 decorative maces
    7-8 shields per tier.
    2 lances
    The horses use 6 horse bodies with 6 padded suits (armors).
    Calculate the total number of combilations!

Anthonius II, many thanks for giving all that info about presented unit
    Cant wait to lead my Roman armys... Im great fan of 'greek' history, and of greek people. Even thou im not greek, as many could think because of my name.
    I also love very much idea that Thematic cataphracts will not use maces, this will be great for balancing! Looking forward to see armor upgrade of thematic cataphracts
    May i also aks if norman familia will get possibility of armor upgrade ?

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Great work! I can't believe even the socks have the a little pegasus on them. So much detail!

The details made up by Leif Erikson but also by Sumskilz and Matthaeus.
    Details was a must by the most crazy team organiser (me) from the start.
    All our creations from ALL our modelers and skiners have such level of details.
    Remember TGC is ment to be an educational but fun to use tool.
    Norman Fammilias (both) use armor upgrade (one each), presenting the Lombardic and Roman armor influences Normans had after their settlement in Italy.

dannyalex's Avatar Campidoctor

Will the game have a britannia campaign for the struggle of the emerald island and the conflict betwwen romano- british,anglo saxons and vikings kingdoms?
    Most Chivalrous commander 2020-2021

Quote Originally Posted by dannyalex View Post
    Will the game have a britannia campaign for the struggle of the emerald island and the conflict betwwen romano- british,anglo saxons and vikings kingdoms?
    My friend I want to be honest with you.
    After amost 6 years of development , main campaign is not yet released.
    Whe we started that project though we had in our minds several focused sub campaigns that will require minimum changes in the TGC unit rosters.
    We had in mind two campaigns.
    The Strugle for Italy
    The Strugle for Anatolia
    The 1st will have new map (Italy) and will use Normans as playable faction. Romans will recieve reinforcements like Crusaders do in Broken Cresent mod.
    The 2nd will have Turkomanic Leaque (actually Seljucks) as playable to demostrate the Roman Empire colapse and the birth of the Sultanate of Rum.
    Both sub campaigns will require only new map and few diferent scripts comparing to main campaign.
    Now... any other subcampaign is always wellcomed IF we will find the will and the help that will be required.
    The Norman Invasion in Anglosaxon England was the theme of an old mod with the name 1066.
    Maybe we could use it as inspiration as a 3rd sub campaign but in that case we will have Vikings, Normans but we will lack Anglosaxons and other sub factions sub rosters.
    Lets finish main campaign 1st and then we will come back for more. Actually we must always remember that 6 years ago TGC was a limited version of Golden Ages that used entire Europe!

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Yes they are.. They gave me the most difficulty so far.
    These are tier 1
    In TGC consept tier 1 has either:
    Leather over chain mail
    Scale or lammelar cuirasses
    Tier 2 will have :
    Metal scale or lammelar over chain mail in varius forms.
    Nottice that they have no leg greaves. Also in their case they will use swords and not maces that are decorative.
    That meens that they wont have the AP bonus and as such they will be inferior in damage than Tagmatic Cataphracts.
    The consept uses:
    5 heads
    5 bodies
    5 legs
    2 arm greaves
    2 coifs
    8 helmets
    6 swords
    6 sword scabbards
    1 decorative axe with 3 decorative maces
    7-8 shields per tier.
    2 lances
    The horses use 6 horse bodies with 6 padded suits (armors).
    Calculate the total number of combilations!
    Correction: 1 more body added.
    And Aristocrats tier 1 are in the game.

I chose this guy because of his legs skin. That was based on Mr Skourtelis drawings about Digenis Acritas epic songs and it was made by material hyretic provided to me long ago.
    Begining the tier 2 from its equipment (shields).

The tutorial about Gravity/Realism mod is half way finished.
    Nottice that belts and other equipment is 3d models over the main models.
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; March 28, 2016 at 06:33 PM.

Unbelieveble. I also love mounts. When why noticed this mod i thought it could be best mod for Medieval 2. Then as time go on, i thought it could be best mod for total war ever. Now i think this mod can be one of best mods in entire gaming comunity.
    Can you show pictures of upgraded familias armor ? Will they use norman face helmets?

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post

Quizz: Which reference i am trying to reach. Search your knowlege and your books.
    If I had to take a wild guess, I'd say your reference is the illustration of the imperial tagmata cavalryman from ospray books.
    No? Is it an Icon? A fresco? Oh well I tried.

@Bardas Phokas, it is thematic cataphract(Aristocrats) tier 2(upgraded armor version).