Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 213637383940414243444546

Thread: Suggestions and requests

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Suggestions and requests

Until Suppanaut drops by, my suggestion is that you could reduce the unit size yourself if you want, within the export_descr_unit file.

Just search for the Indian elephant bodyguard (ctrl + f) and then adjust the size to your liking. However, I cannot remember the effect this may have on saves. In M2TW it has no effect but in RTW it may break your save for all I know.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

In case a celtic post-marian elite infantry is needed one might take inspiration from this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crupellarius
    It is shown as a Roman gladiator but they were fielded by the Treveri against Rome. Basically a gallic equivalent of the Thorakitai Argiraspids, only likely without missile weapons, acting as the ultimate anvil unit.
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Suppanut's Avatar Idea-O-Matic

Quote Originally Posted by Retrogamelad View Post
    Hi, I love the campaign ai on this mod, ai is very aggressive and gets high level units quickly making up for its poor performance in battles. As a player who never plays as Rome, I find the misile units are a little over powered and it seems ammo has increased which encourages a ranged style, which gets a little stale I have to say I think somewhere between xc and eb would be ideal in this regard. Traits on the game are excellent and I enjoy making use of the school city’s. I do think cavalry, especially the generals body guard is overpowered and wish this was toned down a little as it’s too easy to use the general to win battles. I tried playing as the Indians but noticed that rebel cities had small garrisons and were too easy to take and having elephants as your bodyguard was very overpowered, could the unit size be reduced to a hand full to make this campaign more challenging? This is my favourite Rome mod by far, have been playing xc for years and want to thank the modders for their hard work!
    Yes, with their twice more HP and area-inflicting damage, I agree with you that they unit size could be smaller than currently is. I will look into it.
    Is proudly patroned by the Great Balikedes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarax View Post
    In case a celtic post-marian elite infantry is needed one might take inspiration from this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crupellarius
    It is shown as a Roman gladiator but they were fielded by the Treveri against Rome. Basically a gallic equivalent of the Thorakitai Argiraspids, only likely without missile weapons, acting as the ultimate anvil unit.
    Gauls may get ultra-heavy units (scale-over-chain mail suit) in the future if our texturers could recharged his inspiration but not Crupellarius style unit as Crupellarius seem to be gladiatorial style which aedui people using to satire and parody of roman (imperial) legionarii from their style of armour and armament.

Hello,

A bit curious over why Rome get's two factions? I've forgot if there's a hardcoded limit to the number of factions for modding RTW, I had a long break away from the game (never modded myself, I mean just playing other talented modders' creations). But it seems a bit wasteful for a great mod like this with such an emphasis on the greek factions to have one disappear if you ie play a provincial campaign yet have tow Roman factions, one of which I've never heard of before and don't understand what it is or what historical factions its based on. Anyways, great mod and really well made. A suggestion would be to remove those bona custodos and keep the other greek factions even if you play a provincial campaign as Cyrene or Bosporos.

Galatian Warband uses barb_naked_spearman model but have only one melee_weapon. This makes them use javelin as spears and it looks wierd. For myself I made them a precursor unit with typical garrison unit stats and suggest doing so in the next patch.

hi everyone, I had a tip to make the game prettier. I think adding mercenary units to custom battles would be nicer. For example for Carthage which realistically relied heavily on them would be a notable addition. obviously also for the other factions. the use of mercenaries even in custom battles would be fantastic. technically there are already some units of mercenaries, but using them all would be perfect.
    hi everyone, I had a tip to make the game prettier. I think adding mercenary units to custom battles would be nicer. For example for Carthage which realistically relied heavily on them would be a notable addition. obviously also for the other factions. the use of mercenaries even in custom battles would be fantastic. technically there are already some units of mercenaries, but using them all would be perfect.

There is limit in unit display in custom battle unit selection menu. It could have only 96 units, so I could not make all mercenaries in due to there are a lot of units in this mod.

can you add the britons in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by JC08 View Post
    can you add the britons in the future?
    Impossible while stay in original RTW. It maybe possible with Rome Remastered but it still require Feral to finished lift faction limit to 31.

For now, I would suggest you to play britons campaign.