Thread: Empire Mod Questions & Recommendations

Default Re: ETW Mods Recommendations & Queries Here

There are few Mods
    Darthmod: The most number of features. The game- play can be a little arcade, however there are submods to add more realism.
    Colonialism 1600: This mode fits the 17th Century that you are interested in.
    A Proper Empire: Terra Incgonita: This adds manpower and supply to the game. It also adds resistance to foreign occupation adding to he difficulty and "realism" to game making it difficult to "steamroll" your way across the world.
    Historical based mods:Imperial Splendour (Imperial Splendour also developed a late era mod called, Rise of Republic), and Imperial Destroyer which add different and unique features not included in other mods.

Another option is to download the Additional Unit Mod and add features al la carts. If you look around you may find other unit packs. However be careful about conflicts. Another possibility if you are interested in the Ottoman is the Ottoman Total Overhaul Mod which does more than just change the Ottoman, it changes game play features as well.

I'm thinking of maybe getting back into Empire after a while, and I'm looking for a good standalone AI mod (the basic AI in this game is pretty terrible from what I remember). By "standalone", I mean an AI mod that is just that, without adding new units, factions, etc. (so no Darthmod or IS). Also, I'm looking for a mod that won't break Warpath or RTI. Does such a thing even exist, or am I out of luck?

Quote Originally Posted by LordLurch View Post
    I'm thinking of maybe getting back into Empire after a while, and I'm looking for a good standalone AI mod (the basic AI in this game is pretty terrible from what I remember). By "standalone", I mean an AI mod that is just that, without adding new units, factions, etc. (so no Darthmod or IS). Also, I'm looking for a mod that won't break Warpath or RTI. Does such a thing even exist, or am I out of luck?
    i'm pretty sure bran mac born made a stand alone AI mod
    My 6 2nd rates routed in horror from 1 brig + 1 5th rate on auto-resolve....

Yes, I was thinking of downloading that. Just wanted to see if there were any other options out there.

Default Ranked fire

Hi

I remember a mod the made the units fire in 3 ranks:

first line shoots knees down second row shoots knees down and the third line shoots

Is it still there ?

Thanks you

Default Mod that removes only musket tracer

Is there a mod that removes only musket tracer, but not cannons? If not it could be mod that removes all tracer.

There is probably one in the mod section of Empire, but I created this one for someone else some time ago.
    Vanilla No Trails.7z
    You will have to add it to the user script, unless you use mod manager.

Default Re: Best mod for Empire total war ?

Recommendations for mods with a focus on a broad array of melee units? Historicity is secondary to me and I'm not worried about difficulty.

Default Empire Total War Mod - Bulgaria as a playable faction in grand campaign

I know I am 5 years off from the release date of this mod but I can't find the origins of it. Does anyone know where I can download it?

its on here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxNmVUu_LVs

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

Default Re: Ranked fire

Quote Originally Posted by phoen!x View Post
    Hi

I remember a mod the made the units fire in 3 ranks:

first line shoots knees down second row shoots knees down and the third line shoots

Is it still there ?

Thanks you

Rank fire in 3 lines is a feature of the vanilla game. Quite good to that, so it was introduced in NTW, where was disabled and had when enabled a crappier version. A mod of 2 lines firing for ETW exists, "Zero's Musketry 2 ranks fire"
    Last edited by Dracula; November 20, 2016 at 08:40 PM.

bk2-modder's Avatar Libertus

Does anyone still have Ludo's Scottish Voice Pack? Just the voice pack, I can't find it anywhere.
    Also, is Irmo's Punjab Pack(s) still available? Same with Ludo's Voice Pack.
    Thanks!

Zooasaurus's Avatar Libertus

Any unit packs or modpack that improves and add units on all faction (including minors) that compatible with each other and with Goutlard's Ottoman realism mod? I plan to play like that while waiting normal IS got updated. Thanks in advance!

Default Siege warfare mod?

Does anyone know of a mod that specifically changes the siege battles in E:TW? I first played the game in 2010 and loved it despite its faults. Haven't played it in years but recently came back to it, and I simply can't get over how bad siege battles are, and how hard it is to arrange troops on top of the walls in order for them to actually fire on the enemy. Overall forts seem a detriment and its much better to simply pull troops back from the walls and fight in fort center.

If there is a mod that allows for easier troop deployment on the walls, and changes the game so those troops are actually useful and forts are hard to attack, please leave a link.

Empire Realism does slightly fix siege battles in sense, almost all forts are replaced with wooden forts (visually, by mod logic they are still meant to be proper forts) as they have least number of general problems weirdly enough. Deployment is still bit annoying at times and occasional issues still pop up but they have gone from AI pathfinding nonsense to being fairly functional. And I say almost since some Eastern forts still use vanilla forts, but I suppose that is hardcoded issue.

I don't know if there's mod that simply turns all forts into wooden forts by itself assuming other gameplay mechanics of ER sounds unappealing.

Icon1 Urgent!!!! Where can I download the mod Pirates Über Alles properly?

Hello everyone,

I'd like to download that mod, the problem is that I cannot download part 2, it freezes. I'm downloading right now the part 1, I already have part 3. If someone has this mod, could it be possible to upload part 2 somewhere, in webpages like Mediafire? Thank you all so much.

Current link of the mod: https://yadi.sk/d/N02SO5e_oZXYY

bk2-modder's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Siege warfare mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Hrulj View Post
    Does anyone know of a mod that specifically changes the siege battles in E:TW? I first played the game in 2010 and loved it despite its faults. Haven't played it in years but recently came back to it, and I simply can't get over how bad siege battles are, and how hard it is to arrange troops on top of the walls in order for them to actually fire on the enemy. Overall forts seem a detriment and its much better to simply pull troops back from the walls and fight in fort center.

If there is a mod that allows for easier troop deployment on the walls, and changes the game so those troops are actually useful and forts are hard to attack, please leave a link.
    Shokh Hates Seiges removes all fortifications, and therefore all fort battles, from the campaign map. I don't know much about it, though: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ification-mod)

Default Which darthmod is best for ETW?

Which version of darthmod has the best A.I, and which mod opens up troops from regions you capture? For example, if you take the pirate islands. You can recruit buccaneers? Cheers.

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Which darthmod is best for ETW?

Bran Mac Born DME submod TWS version with Causa Belli sub mod.

Default Re: Empire Mod Questions & Recommendations

I am looking for an Empire Total War Mod that allows me to play as Canada in the Grand Campaign. I used to play Empire Total War way back & there was a mod that was able to play as Canada not to be mistaken for the Quebec's Faction. Yet for the life of me I cant remember the mod name. I tried the Canada.Pack yet it only adds it to Custom battles. Any help would be great!. I loved playing as a Faction that Only held Montreal & Quebec City. Playing as the Quebec Faction is not the same personally, Quebec was originally part of New France until France folded to the British. Quebec was never a Nation,to be fair though, It was the French who coined "Canadiene" The French Canadians is an important part of Canada,so was always confused why Quebec was an emerging Faction & not Canada. Anyhow any help would be appreciated.

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

Default Re: Empire Mod Questions & Recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by John A Macdonald View Post
    I am looking for an Empire Total War Mod that allows me to play as Canada in the Grand Campaign. I used to play Empire Total War way back & there was a mod that was able to play as Canada not to be mistaken for the Quebec's Faction. Yet for the life of me I cant remember the mod name. I tried the Canada.Pack yet it only adds it to Custom battles. Any help would be great!. I loved playing as a Faction that Only held Montreal & Quebec City. Playing as the Quebec Faction is not the same personally, Quebec was originally part of New France until France folded to the British. Quebec was never a Nation,to be fair though, It was the French who coined "Canadiene" The French Canadians is an important part of Canada,so was always confused why Quebec was an emerging Faction & not Canada. Anyhow any help would be appreciated.
    Why not play as Lake Titikaka or Niagara falls ?!