Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Re-skinned settlements HQ (update 9.2.2014 -Winter)

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Default Re: Re-skinned settlements HQ (update 9.2.2014 -Winter)

Yeah, the colorfull buildings really bothered me during winter battles, I don't know why I never did winter variants. I guess I was going to "do it properly", but I found those missing half finished walls yesterday, alongside other wip walls. So I tought I could atleast finish the last one I didn't do for Empire, and do quick winter variants. So it is more a fix for a problem I caused in the first place.

Next I'm going to finish the general-pics, engineers, and one other unit non RoDG-related, which I promissed to do months ago. I have a long modding sin-list, like this mod, need to try catch up from time to time But I think I will finally atleast try to come back to this, it still bothers me how much the buildings stand out from the vanilla battle-field ground textures, really wanna fix that. But I might need help from someone who knows the climate stuff in M2, and in RoDG. Have been trying to figure those things out before, but I just don't seem to get hang of it.
    Last edited by Kahvipannu; February 09, 2014 at 03:59 PM.

Vossie's Avatar Decanus

Wow just found about these, very impressive work! Gonna install and try em out straight away! Keep up the lovely work
    Imperium Romanum

Everything is still Empire theme settlements, I can't seem to get it use High Elf Settlesments, this is for custom battles. Can you help me out with this?

Thanks

Keep up the good work Kahvi!!

Btw. Completly off topic. The written scripts that has a pop-up with a story is still in GoogleTranslateEnglish and makes me just X them out as i get a migrane trying to read it. Do you know if any1 has fixed these? If not do you know where they are located? Maybe i could write them in undertsandable English

Quote Originally Posted by Aslinn View Post
    Everything is still Empire theme settlements, I can't seem to get it use High Elf Settlesments, this is for custom battles. Can you help me out with this?

Thanks
    You can have them at custom-battles, but it requires a bit moving the files around.
    I need to check how I setted them up, so that i don't give wrong directions.

Quote Originally Posted by Javesh View Post
    Keep up the good work Kahvi!!

Btw. Completly off topic. The written scripts that has a pop-up with a story is still in GoogleTranslateEnglish and makes me just X them out as i get a migrane trying to read it. Do you know if any1 has fixed these? If not do you know where they are located? Maybe i could write them in undertsandable English
    I use this:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...d-English-Text

There might be other files too that revamp the translation, I would recommend that, Ninja51s translations.

You can edit text stuff very easilly with notepad, they are located at ...mods/RoDG/data/text For example what your looking for is propably historic_events.txt there

Ah right. I mean to remember DLing that one. It fixed som text problems, but seem that it didnt change any of those

See it now. He hasnt changed any of the txt with stories for stack spawns

Foederatus

Question. Are you going to add winter overlay textures also to dwarfen cities as well? Their walls are also really bright/colourfull and they have alot winter fighting. How about other races frost wall textures (High elves)?

Dwarven settlement textures are from Kolwen, so haven't checked how much work it would be (how many files), but potentially. Potential rework could be a thing too (new normals and maybe grey color scheme instead blue).

High elves not sure, they aren't as bad since they are really white already, altought the roofs aren't so maybe... I'm just not very eager to work with HE stuff atm, I would like to see HE buildings using ME-culture instead current NE(?) one. Crisord actually sent me high-elf buildings textures at some point, but they were made for different culture than what HE uses now. They might have been ME, or SE, have to check...

These are very nice! Interesting that other big mods don't really mess with these textures much, is it hard?

Thanks. It's not that hard, same as any skinning, without the problems of uv-mapping. Just a bit tedious to do and figure out what is used and where, so that they will look good in the end.

I think quite few mods have done some sort of editing of settlement textures, but not as extensive as mine shown here. And there is custom settlements too, like in TATW.

Captain Melon's Avatar Senator

Hey Kahvi I am just curious, is the Orc motte and bailey that is in the OP's preview in the released version of this?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hmmm... I don't think it is used in-game now, I might be wrong. Those were the first try me doing this, and that was before Orc settlements started using "native"-style. They have textures from RoDG-team.

Kislev city textures are the high elf ones. While when i attack a chaos city it is just Aztec pyramids..

This shouldn't affect Kislev, are you sure it wasn't something like the city having elven walls?

For the chaos, no textures done for them, just Empire, and some h-elves.

I would you give you more than 30€ to continue the development of this submod, it improves immersion A LOT!

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Chaos is supposed to have aztec settlemets? Ok, i was worried my game got messed up.

Yeah, Erengrad has high elf walls. I haven't had a battle in Kislev yet so i wouldn't know.

Heh, Nelduin, it also takes A LOT of time and trial and error to do them, so that money would not help, and I couldn't accept it anyway. I'll have some wip walls somewhere at my HDD, I will propably continue them at some point, maybe after 1.6 is out.

SharpAxe, yeah no worries, all factions don't have textures yet. Dwarves have from Kolwen, he did couple HE ones too, I did the Empire and rest of HE walls, and the RoDG-team added textures for Orcs. I think that is all atm.

Hey.. new guy here and I had a little question. I recently started playing m2tw with mods again (ss 6.4) and have been enjoying it, so started looking at other mods and I finally noticed the Call of Warhammer one which I think looks awesome. After beginning the first torrent download I am only at 12% after about 18 hours (ugg.. need more seeds) so started doing some reading on which updates to add to it once I finally have the main set of instructions done with.

While reading about the translation update, it pointed me to the battlefield buildings and subsequently this reskin update (which so far looks amazing btw). However, while going over the instructions for them I notice that in one section you mention in the MODS folder it wouldbe mods/Rage_of_the_Dark_Gods for the battlefield buildings update and in the re-skin update it mentions mods/Call_of_warhammer/ Are those just synonymous and can be called either one, or will one set of updates not work with the other due to specific mod folder names being called in some of the files?

Kahvipannu mate is it dead or we shoud wait a little bit more for a new relase ? becuse personally i think this sub-mod is one of best and most needed in the warhammer mod .
    All Orks is equal, but some Orks are more equal dan uvvas.